June Feedback Please?

TadRon

Spellsword
Hello all!

I had a great event with you all. It was my first tent camping event in years and I personally really enjoyed it. I loved that the town felt more like a town for once at least for me. That said, I really would like some honest feedback on what you liked and what we can do to make you have a better time at future camping events this year. If you don't feel comfortable posting on this thread send me an email at Alliancetraverse@gmail.com (only I can access) or private message me here or on Facebook. The staff and I want to make this the best game possible for you and we can only do that when we hear feedback on what to do more of :). I will give 100 gobbies to anybody that gives me feedback in any of the ways listed or you can even call me as well. Thank you all and I look forward to a great season!

Christopher Thetford

I enjoyed the event. It had a nice pace. Never felt bored. Only had to wait for a mod once and the plot runner was prepping and running a different mod at the time.
Season openers always start a little slow due to the nature of plot setting up season long plot arks. But once we got rolling, the event moved along at a steady pace.
Still not sure what to believe as far as information on various plots.

Well Chris, I always enjoy our sports talk and you're a funny guy....oh you mean event feedback. Right. Honestly I thought it was a good event. There are a few minor issues I have with the site but its nothing we can control. I wish there was more parking and we had more space but those are pet peeves. The mods I went on were challenging but not overbearing. I wish my personal plot was able to be solved more rapidly but that's me being impatient. Truthfully I was amazed at the legwork you all did as plot runners. It was obvious you were shorthanded but it was better than usual when it came to the plot team answering our mod requests or NPC requests. I think I waited 10 minutes at most for anything. Which is fantastic in itself. When you take into account there were what 5 of you? 6? It's down right immaculate. Whether it was because of the weather or what I was super stoked we did the big bad Saturday battle early. We got treasure out by 10 and I was able to actually get some food before I conked out on my bed at 11:30. Pretty sure I'm in the minority as that goes.

My one "knock" is that battle itself. Not in the premise or even the idea on paper. I understood the strategy perfectly. Three separate circles in which we are helpless. All we can do is watch and wait for fear to take us out. The problem with it was towards the end when my group is trying to "face our fears", our fears are getting destroyed away from us. It didn't really fit the theme. It was a great idea and Chris even said before the mod "There is going to be some growing pains on this mod". So again it's not so much a "knock" as it is a "maybe we can tweak this a bit". If you are asking my input on how to change that particular scenario there are a few options. A. when a group conquers their fears they are expelled from the situation rather than have their circle dropped and when everyone's circle drops then we all face Despair for one final encounter. B. A more aggressive approach, their fears are trapped inside the circle until one entity succeeds. Despair and Maxwell still with the ability to come and go as they please.

Minor gripe if even that. Like Mike said, I was rarely bored, I was impressed with how quickly mods were put up and how fast requests were answered to. Maybe the best event I've ever been to as far as response time goes. And that is saying something. Also might have the most personal plot going for me in a long time, and I really appreciate that.

The pacing looked good watching people come out of monster camp. The pacing seemed very slow for the higher level characters however.

The event was fun. I do enjoy just sitting back and role playing. Also the final mod was great. I really enjoyed it and thought it was well put together.

Thanks to all the runners and staff who made a great event happen. Tent larping is rough, especially when we aren't used to it. I had a really great time. Thank you.

The Camp:

Good Stuff:
Lots of trees very wooded, nice river.
Gave the event a cozier feel. The whole camp kinda felt like the tavern, but easier to mingle.
The 'mod' areas were far enough away. Plot made good use of available options.
Delicious burgers.

Bad Stuff:
I feel like we were at capacity for number of tents/cars.
Monster camp wasn't hidden. While the Green walls helped a lot. Maybe for future events at this site, we could move monster camp to where I was staying, so it's on the end.
Would the DNR be upset if we put a "camp full" sign at the road entrance? Hung from a saw horse or something. Cut down on random cars
Did not seize opportunity for breakfast burrito, regrets.

Random thought:
While we wont have a 'tavern' per se, maybe we could coordinate NPC feeding on a volunteer basis. Maybe not even specific people, just a list of PC's who are fine with someone they haven't ever met, buying a hotdog. Meal time is a great time for chatting, hooking, and info gathering. I'd like to figure out a way that the NPCs don't have to cook for themselves. Which can be a pretty large time sink in a tent camping environment. And "Plot's-time" is the most valuable commodity at Larping events. Maybe closely followed by "plot's-sleep"

The Event:

Good Stuff:
Logistics went very smooth considering the conditions.
Joe was tricked twice. Which was awesome. Once with the werewolves, and once with the my IBGA response hook. Both great head slapping moments. (Everyone should send an IBGA, Mine was, "I look for a magical college", I received a "you don't find one, but... <adventure>!")
Loved my puzzle mod. Really, really, loved that we were able to finish it 'our way'
I liked the job board, glad there was always stuff to do, if someone was idle/bored.
The hooks I talked to felt like real characters, which was cool. Although, I did see some hooks that seemed to be doing drive-bys. Not sure if those were just all spies, or if I was supposed to run them down. Leave your hook in the water of town for more than 10 seconds.
I was roped into some things right away. So the entire event had a constant marination of information going on in my head. Which I enjoyed.
I felt the rest of the town was doing something I had no idea about, which was cool.
Talking after the Saturday night mod was really nice and helpful.
I'm going to put this as a good thing OOG, even though IG it wasn't. PC's had more work than they could finish. Which is great. Although, this can go sour if everything they don't finish comes back the next event worse. Please don't make us full clear the job board every event.
Never really adventured with Casan, without the larger OEF. It was fun, and I learned a lot. Felt like a buddy cop movie.
I was glad that while there wasn't fighting 'in tents' there was still fighting 'in town' I'm not personally a fan of crunchies, but I like that town wasn't a non-combat safe-zone.

Room for improvement:
The mist edge wasn't well defined, other than "the road" for going on mods. So crunchies or gas chucking PC rollers kinda appeared right next to the sites. If that's the mist edge, that's fine, but three counting in 15 feet from my fire pit with 20 globes is a bit of an eye-roll.
Did not like the saturday night fight. Fights based on ink are never great for me, and this had ink on both sides.
It's a little weird working for the same guy a previous character did. It's very different situations, and it's fine, but my initial reaction was unsure if I could engage. (spoiler: I did engage, and this is happening. Deal with it)
RIP steaks, I'm convinced my new tent summons thunderstorms. I'm 2 for 2.
Saturday morning was probably the worst time for me. I was up early, I usually am, but there wasn't a place to go. I don't think a pavilion would have solved that issue, since people needed time to cook their food. Just an aspect of tent-larping I hadn't considered before the event. Something I can fix on my end.

Job board: This is mostly a discussion point, rather than a criticism. On an OOG level please let us know what these mean. We dont' have to do the Somi color-coding, but are these scaled to who goes? Are they set before hand? Is eveyrthing on their available to be grabbed by whoever wants to go, without Casan and Frederick rolling up on 2 goblins aruging over 3 copper.

Mini-rant:
I think the PC population could help out plot a little more. By that I mean if you're bored, go look for work from townsfolk or job board. If you don't find work, think of what you would enjoy, and ask monster camp to do that.
Basically when plot sends out 20 hooks, and you don't bite on any of them and you're bored, at that point you need to be proactive to find yourself some fun. Plot can't read your mind. Plot has shown this event that mod turn-around time was not an issue. If you aren't interested in the mods that are offered, think of something you'd like to do and walk into the mist or next event send an IBGA.

Really looking forward to the next event. I probably have more, but I need to start pretending to do some work.

-Joe

I just wanted to address:

Job board: Shouldn't be a full clear. Some job board posts may carry over, some may disappear, or some could get worse. But really you should be able to read the job board and get a sense of that (or that is my hope). For example: Farmer lost chickens and needs help recovering them is likely a one off and probably won't carry over. Other example: Weird creatures found in nest in abandoned tower, prob should get cleared out before it gets worse (is one that could get worse if unchecked). Really the job board is there for shotgun filler (with potential to be more or hinting at other things), we don't expect it to get completed (otherwise we as plot are failing at bigger plot lines / story). We attempted the 'somi' challenge rating on the job board at the closer and then ultimately we decided we did not like it cause it turned off people from doing the job board (either the job was too easy or too hard; and then didn't act as filler). I would like to say job boards are unscaled and yes some bits get tailored to the PCs going-ish. So if you take a contract about two goblins argueing over 3 coppers.... well you got what you got; but if you take a contract about investigating a large force of goblins, that is more flexible to who goes. Bear in mind, this varies a bit from plot member and their experience, but always welcome feedback regarding these. Hope it clarifies some stuff.

Lots of good suggestions and feedback all.

Anyone who was bored only needs to let my son know. He was bringing me notices off the job board the whole event. Which was nice, because it helped keep me busy. However, there were a few times where I wanted to sit, have a Coke and interact with a specific npc. Which I was for the most part unable to do. Aric is always up to go kill things. And he likes straightforward mods. Go here kill that stuff.

The Good
-While there wasn't a tavern, I felt like we were still able to congregate in a spot, which was nice.
-Thank you to everyone who shared their food. I probably would have died without it.
-I loved the river 10/10
-Almost all the mods I went in were really enagaging, nice story
-Henrietta
The Bad
-I felt a little smushed
- I didn't understand how to handle the ooze, seemed like a crunchier thing, but it kept recurring
-The rain was really scary in the big tent all by myself
-when I went to bed both nights, I was still ready for more stuff. I wanted Dragon Poker or some RP stuff to happen but failed to launch.
-It felt really disjointed from last season to me.
Town Fight Saturday
-Again I felt smushed
-I thought it was really great. My only regret is not making a wish.
-My "were bees" I'm pretty sure were just regular bees. Which is fine, but it made me feel like I cheated.

What do you mean by feeling smushed? Like all the pcs were camped too close together?

Yea and just there wasn't a lot of running around space. Like if the circle sleep could have been a bit bigger I would have enjoyed it more.

Back