Just bought new armor - need a helmet

James Trotta

Spellsword
Diversity Committee
Pretty happy about my new armor.

Any ideas for a matching helmet? The manufacturer sells them but they cover the entire face. Also they are like 14 or 16 gauge steel or something so probably very heavy. I want lightweight (2 points per location is fine) and ideally some kind of cap like thing to shade my eyes from the sun.

Sweet!

I have no ideas for a helmet though.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should wait on the helmet. I'll be over my class restriction without one and I have to decide if I want to buy wear extra armor and how many times and whatnot.
Telokh_Amdo said:
Sweet!

I have no ideas for a helmet though.

I'd say those a fairly good reasons to wait. But will you be at the upcoming HQ event? I'd love to see that armor. :)

Mike Tino (Eliden) just got a kick-*** leather helmet custom made. The guy could probably make something that matches the style (which you can't see anymore, btw, ebay took down the picture).

I'll ask him to send you a PM, since he's never on the boards.

Thanks!
phedre said:
Mike Tino (Eliden) just got a kick-*** leather helmet custom made. The guy could probably make something that matches the style (which you can't see anymore, btw, ebay took down the picture).

I'll ask him to send you a PM, since he's never on the boards.

Unlikely, seeing as how I'm currently in Seoul. Still working on my summer schedule but should be somewhere on the east coast in August.
Dreamingfurther said:
I'd say those a fairly good reasons to wait. But will you be at the upcoming HQ event? I'd love to see that armor. :)

Ah rats, well maybe in August, I don't leave the EC until the very beginning of September. :) I love seeing awesome armor.

if you cant get the points for the armor, a helmet still protects you from waylay < 4 doesn't it?

Depends on what material the helmet is made of, but it only goes up to a waylay protection of 3.

Yea, the only way PC's can be protected from 4 Waylay is with a Protection Aura 4.

omg Once again the best protection is a ritual... ;) lol

so you don't actually have to have the armor points to get that perk? neat.

Nope.

You just have to wear the helmet.

Though in most cases you will get the armor points I suppose.

I hadn't considered waylay protection. I don't know if that's enough to persuade me to wear a helmet I can't get any armor points for.
Jevedor said:
if you cant get the points for the armor, a helmet still protects you from waylay < 4 doesn't it?

anyone serious about waylay is gonna be popping 4s (or 5s if they think you have a PA) I wouldn't worry about it much.

Always having a Magic Armor is your very simple and (nearly) foolproof waylay protection. :) Seriously its a 2 silver spell...

Back