Just outside the Sanctum's Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

"Damnit just go in..." Crow muttered to himself for the third time, pacing around the entrance to the Arcane Sanctum's HQ in Calanhelm. He once again marched himself up to the door, placed a hand on its exterior and immediately recoiled, stepping down the stairs once more and continuing his pacing, much to the amusement of a few passersby. He was certain that tribesmen were a common sight in Calanhelm so this scene was probably not the first of its kind, and it wasn't his fault that none of them could see the truth of celestial magic.

"Why in all the spirits names would they keep the largest collection of information in the hands of those... those... those damn magicians!? It just isn't natural!!" With that he once more charged the door, yelling as if to give himself more courage. Twenty feet from the door, ten feet, five feet and he thought he may falter, two feet from the door and one of the ever-so-kindly apprentices opened the door for Crow from the other side, sending the chubby man *** over tea kettle, his potions and own collections of paper and notes flying across the floor.

Crow muttered under his breath, not accepting the apprentices hand in regaining his feet, muttered again when he began retreiving his things and finally turned to face the apprentice.... and muttered once more. "I beg your pardon sir?" The young man asked Crow, unsure of whether to notify his superior or call for the town guard. "......er's the damn library...." the tribesman managed to get out, his cheeks flush and the soot-paint across his eyes badly smudged. "Oh of course," the apprentice continued timidly, still not sure how best to handle the situation, "The Sanctums library is located very near here, would you like me to show you where it is?"

The apprentice didn't understand the last thing Crow said to him, he had assumed that it was some form of 'no', as after the peculiar man muttered it he shuffled off in the direction of the library, trying to grasp his loose belongings in his arms. "I don't think I'll ever understand the northern tribesmen, they are just too weird for me."

Crow's trepidation has worked in Kai's favour, and she's caught up with him easily. With her bag slung over her shoulder, she pads up behind him just as the big doors open. Pausing at the threshold, she watches the exchange with mild amusement. Three sheets of paper and a charcoal writing stick have landed near her feet, and she stoops to retrieve them before rushing to catch up with the huge man.

Coming up even with the tribesman, she says casually, "you dropped these" and offers the handful like a prize. "I'm assuming that I'm still welcome to help you with your research." She makes it a statement and not a question, and her stride is unusually confidant in this strange space. "My other errands can wait, and I figured it was easier to just follow you here the first time." She keeps pace with the man, watching him thoughtfully.

Offering Kai a genuine smile Crow addresses her, "You can keep those for now," increasing their stride, "We're going to need them." The tribesman stumbles on an uneven stone and nearly drops one of his notes.

"To the library my dear, today we learn history. We need to find anything you can find on the history of Caladonia in relation to orcish wars!"

Kai's takes a step back as Crow stumbles. "Woah, steady there! No bowling for foxes!" A few paces further down the passage she asks, "have there been many orcish wars? I've noticed their kind seemed pretty rare around the breach, and I just assumed they came from far away."

"I'm hoping they're extremely rare," Crow replied, chuckling at his own missteps, "They may be connected to the person, or thing, that Frederic was hunting. I'm not sure if it's connected at all to his death, but I think it's going to be a good place for us to start."

Last edited by a moderator:
OOG: You will need to move to the "Ascension of the Southwest Spire" to reach the Library

OOG: Not a problem, I can move it there, though I was imaging from here my ibga would take over

Last edited:
At crossing the threshold of the great tower, Malithon pauses to absorb the feel of air, the power flowing & stirring about her. A satisfied breath escapes her slightly parted dark lips.
She casts her gaze upon the attendant seated at the desk by the front door, as if he didn't existed until she noticed him.
"Is this where a person must register with the Arcane Sanctum?", she intones. "I wish to do so forthwith." She pauses for a reply.

An attendant looks up from her writings. "Why yes, yes you may. We just need you to write down your name, where you are from originally and where you will likely be staying if Calanhelm will not be a permanent home for you. Our library is available to you as well, you can find it in the Southern Spire." with that the attendant lifts up a large tome opens to a page of names with space underneath for Malithon to write. She hands her a quill and ink pot as well.

She picks up the quill and signs her name.
Smiles, turns and leaves.

After the events of the last several days, Malithon enters the Arcane Sanctum once again. She approaches the attendant seated at the desk, confidently.
"Mobeus is a member here. I was wondering if its possible to find him in residence or perhaps leave a message that I am seeking him."

Last edited:
In an uncanny twist of events, Mobeus is seen making his way towards the entrance of Arcane Sanctum, he comments briefly to a few passing Lore Seekers, passing on whatever minor wisdom he can before he approaches the desk. Noticing Malithon there, he nods his head respectfully and greets her, "Good eventide to you.. What brings you to the Arcane Sanctum on this day? I realize that many still hold some contempt for my decisions a few days past but it was my hope you were one of those who saw the wisdom in my decision.."

Malithon appears very pleased to see Mobeus.
"My lord Mobeus. I applauded your decision & demeanour. You were most commanding & brilliant. You are a great leader. Parson's Breach must do very well under your command. I believe, now, even more in the merits of my previous proposal.", Malithon leans in & places a hand delicately a upon his arm. She almost seems excited.

She calms & withdraws her hand, her calm but not completely cool demeanour returning, "But no, that is not why I'm here to see you. It is about recent events & information we need to gather or pool.", she begins to drift slightly away from the front reception desk area, her face & posture always facing Mobeus, but subtly leading him from the front entrance. Her voice lower so it's harder to overhear.
"During our search for the key, the fellow, Marcus, whom we found & rescued, who passed the key off to the Lady Fatespinner, told myself a bit of his family history.
His 200 year past great uncle, whose crypt a group later entered & retrieved many items, amoungst which there was a sword, had hunted this particular vampire & crafted said sword specifically to slay him. While I've heard tell that the usual means do not work against him, perhaps the fact that this one was crafted vs him would make it more effective than originally thought.
This information ought to be shared with the sheriff, I believe to encourage him & bolster his resolve."

She pauses briefly. "And I was thinking a more collaborative way could perhaps be found to research together with others whom are searching in similar or related fields, to cross reference information, so we may have greater success in finding information & sharing the results, so everyone is more informed of details needed to defeat him. I thought perhaps you might know whom is researching, or has researched, what & their fields of expertise."

Last edited:
With (only a little) hesitation, the tribesman once again approached his arch nemeses... The doors to the Arcane Sanctum's headquaters, his fancy new white cloak blowing dramatically in the slow, cool breeze of the blustery evening, his gaze settling on the two wooden beasts whom only a month past tried to deny his entry to the building by making him look the fool. With stoic determination, and the knowledge that what he seeks can only be found beyond these confounded doors, the portly man advances at a steady pace, one foot in front of the other so as not to alarm the bastards. The last time he had attempted such a feat he had ended up *** over tea kettle, embarrassed in the middle of the one place he didn't want to be in Calanhelm, this time would see his fate differently.

Upon reaching the doors, the tribesman gave them a harsh shove so as to jostle them from their frame enough to remember Crow's name. The doors didn't budge. Mentally he gasped, his eyebrow quirked and he pondered the sentience of his foes as his harsh shove did not seem to phase them. Another harsh shove, and another, and another that turned into several in short succession, "Spirits! These damn doors are possessed by spirits!" Crow exclaimed to a passerby, "I will cleanse you of your Necromantic taint!!" he continued, one foot braced against a door as his pushes turned to pulls.

The door swung open carelessly, taunting Crow as he brought his staff to bear, gritting his teeth and wondering which piece of wood was stronger. "Can I help you sir?" As Crow's eyes adjusted to the more darkly lit lobby of the Arcane Sanctum, he recognized the same attendant that had tried to help him when he had crashed through the entrance the last time. His cheeks flushing quickly Crow pressed past him, murmuring something about the door being stuck as he made his way to the front desk.

"Hello again, I am Crow, Initiate of the Outer Circle, here once again to make use of the books your like seem to enjoy hoarding. Do you want me to sign in, or should I make my way to the spire myself?" While awaiting his answer, Crow thinks he sees Mobeus chatting with Malithon across the room, though there are a few attendants in the way, and though he can't be sure he raises an awkward hand in something that could resemble one part wave, and one part... sticking your hand in the air awkwardly... the odd smile on his face not doing him any favours. The poor man is clearly out of his proverbial element.

Malithon notices Krow's antics across the room, makes cool eye contact, briefly, & then returns her attention back to Mobeus.

Malithon has caused Mobeus to have a prolonged pause, before he raises his head to say softly, "I have given tasks often but the fruits of those labours have been less then helpful for the most part. I know of some generalized research certain people do, but they often ask their contacts for the moon, or basically something they already know. I could be more proactive in this approach, but guiding the research of many people, often who cannot read, is difficult on the best of days. Since this is clearly your forte, perhaps it would be wise for you to guide some of the people on how research could be done. Perhaps what questions are reasonable to ask their contacts, what other ways people can research beyond books. It is always my hope people will find a unified effort under which we can all work to help our people arise to a level to beat any foe."

Last edited:
(Moving swiftly through the streets to the arcane sanctum, Malithon (Nazrat in tow) weaves her way to her goal. Silent but excited, thrilled, energized)

Nazrat makes haste to keep up with Malithon, still not entirely sure what the goal of this endeavour is. They seem to be approaching the Arcane Sanctum...is that where they were headed? Hmm, could have sworn there was mention of the Breach when he agreed to this...oh well, where the job takes him isn't all that important. He just has to make sure he does his part.

As you approach the Sanctum a Home Guard corporeal steps forward. "Are you Malithon and Nazrat?" Waiting for both to confirm before continuing. "Lets go," leading into the Sanctum he heads to the portal room. As you enter you see a platoon of guardsmen gathered around a cart laden with crates and baskets of food stuffs, "If you would activate the portal" he nods to the Adeptus Major. Turning he hands you both a wool cloak, "I would suggest putting these on."

The portal activates, "Muck up!" he calls and the platoon gathers around the cart, grabbing hold "and heave!" Everyone gives a grunt and start pushing the cart towards the portal picking up speed and through the portal they disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back