Kai wanders (Faybridge) (Looking for Thistle and Phelan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyra

Artisan
*Kai slowly makes her way around the festival grounds of Faybridge, but so many of her friends seem to have left already. She is torn between the risks of travelling alone, and imposing on anyone with a strict deadline to keep.*

*Something by the side of the road catches her attention, and she shifts to stoop in a patch of overgrown weeds.*
Oh.. this is a new one! *Sliding her pack onto the ground beside her, she pulls out a tiny notebook and a thin charcoal writing stick. She flips to a new page and starts to draw a close-up picture of one of the weeds: the leaves are almond-shaped and grow in clusters of three. She spends quite some time carefully sketching, not wanting to miss any details of this new collected plant that reaches just past her knees.*

*Her drawing finished, she flips back and looks at the others that she has already identified: mint, clover, three types of mushrooms, wild onion, dill, and several types of berries. A few drawing in the notebook are paired with a large question mark, or the notation Tastes Like Burning.*

With her campsite and belongings all bundled up into a travel pack, Thistle is ready to start heading back to Parson's Breach. Her time in Faybridge was interesting, as was definitely more enjoyable after that Undead team was killed. Most importantly, that mindless Undead who kept trying to sniff Thistle and was going around killing flowers by picking them is now dead and fertilizer for the very plants she was killing.

Thistle is looking forward to returning to more familiar surroundings. The Breach is feeling more like home, and she misses the groves that are there. Could one of them be the First Forest?

It is time to start thinking of heading out from Faybridge, she looks around for some familiar faces so that they can arrange to travel together. Kai is off to the side of the road, gazing intently at a patch of plants that look familiar to Thistle. Wasn't their something about 'leafs of three' that she should be remembering? If only Thistle paid more attention to her Clan's lesson's on plant's, instead of running around curious about other things happening around her.

Thistle approaches Kai and see's her new book. Noticing the large print, she asks, "What do you mean, 'Tastes like Burning'?"

Finally getting the rest of his gear sqaured away. Phelan sets off looking for the rest of his teammates. Scenting the wind he gets a whiff of a familiar light and energetic scent. ahh there's Kai. Hmmm why does her scent have the tang of surprise and confusion on it?. He makes his way over towards the young fox-kin.
Making his way through the now quite clearing, Phelan spots both thistle and Kai standing and talking together. As Phelan gets closer he catches the tail end if their conversation. " What do you mean it tastes like burning" he hears Thistle ask Kai. Smiling his Wolfy grin he moves closer.

*Kai looks up as Thistle approaches*

Oh, hi Thistle. *She looks back at her book, open to a page on some noxious berries*
I'm trying to learn Herbal Lore, but some of these plants I don't have names for yet.
This one- *she points to the picture* is sort of spicy and bad tasting. I'm not sure what else they are good for, but definitely not for eating. *Kai much prefers plants that are edible, as is apparent by her tone of disapproval.*

*Kai catches the squeak of leather, and turns to see Phelan a few paces away.* Oh, it's you! *She steps out of the weeds and pauses to scratch a spot on her knee.* I didn't see you after the festival ended, and I was worried you'd gotten eaten by monsters. *She bends to scratch again. And again*

Did you guys get eaten by the bugs much? *And again* I don't remember them being this itchy. *Little red bumps, distinctly not insect bites, have started to appear on the thin fur of Kai's legs. She clasps hands with herself forcefully, to stop herself from scratching as she talks.*

I suppose you're both packed. I'm ready to go any time now, assuming we are all going back to Parson's breach. *Kai would probably follow these two anywhere else as well, not really having a home outside of the friends she has made in recent months.*

Walking own the road, Clover hears Kai and Thistles voices.. off to the side, in a little clearing.. She sees Phelan and the other two.. she waves in greeting.. "hi strangers!" "are you heading back home?" if so, May I go with you.. Better in numbers out here.." A recent memory gives her the shivers.. "I made some bread and traded a local farmer for some nice goat cheese for the trip.. I can share.." :yes: "I even have a spare roast bone I was going to make into soup.. But its yours Phelan if you like.." She impishly grins.

"It is a long journey and sooner started, sooner complete and traveling in the company of friends is always enjoyable. I am looking forward to arriving back to Parson's Breach." Thistle looks down the road, "Shall we depart?"

Tis a good idea. We should head out on the road and make our way back" Phelan looks over at Clover and smiles. " as tempting as the bone sounds. I think I can control my self " he laughs.

*Looks from Thistle to Phelan and then back to Clover and shrugs*
I guess it's decided then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back