Khlas mn Alma - A Picnic Break

Little_Ruis

NEPA Staff
This coming gather we will be hosting a small picnic on the day of Death around midday. I will be bringing fruits, drinks, bread, and a few other things. This is a celebration of a holiday of the Barquene people called Khlas mn Alma. I am inviting any citizen interested; adventurer, nobles, or refugee, if you require food or just a small place to take a break please join us for the picnic. Anyone is welcome to join, simply seek out either of the Barquene elves in town, either myself or Asim.

Zalia Sadik

Good lady Zalia,

I would be honored to share and learn in the ways of your people. I will do my best to bring things to share with you and honors.

Sir Grim

Sir Grim,

When we last spoke in any real capacity, it was directly after Her Majesty ordered you to apologize for the absolute insult you gave to myself, Asim, and our House. An insult that could have put all our safety into question. You insisted on a private apology, which we accepted. However, with this push in the public realm to 'learn of us' as you say, I must demand a full public apology here in the dream realm before you are welcome to attend. I'm sure you understand my position, as you have attempted to keep your severe misstep in the shadows.

Barış içinde,

Zalia

Sir Grim,

If you give a pig a pancake, she will want syrup. One day, you will find yourself naked, hopping on one foot and apologizing for the misdeeds of your ancestors. Your words strike me as polite and sincere. If the good lady Zalia's open celebration excludes you, you are always welcome to feast with me. I forgive easily for I have much that needs forgiven.

Naerduil Nar'mhac

Naerduil.

I do so enjoy the fact you find the need to antagonize me no matter what lands I am in. However, the above issue has nothing to do with you and I do not think my request for a genuine apology is ridiculous at all. But then you genuinely do not know what you are talking about so perhaps instead of making a fool of yourself simply to try and insult me you should learn to hold your tongue. But then I suppose I can't expect any kind of decorum or intelligence from a person raised in a race of Imperial genocidal monsters.

Zalia

Do not insult my Eş High Elf. For what your kind has done there is no forgiveness. Slaughtering hunderds of thousands of people to unleash unspeakable horrors upon Barran. We will have words when I see you.

Asim of the Barquene

Gentle cousins,

Insult? Antagonize? Why must you be so defensive and ready to cast ill wishes upon others? What great misdeed are you hiding that you have to point out imagined blemishes on the honor of others. I was simply warning the good Sir Grim. You have accused me of genocide and called me a fool. Those you call my kind are all dead along with most of their families and most of our people. Those of us who survived are no less at a loss than your people. I have done nothing in my life so far that I believe warrants an apology to any one person. My only apology is to Barran and I will accept her forgiveness every time I fight back the undead and dream creatures and every time I heal the wounded. I do not need to know what your quarrel was with Sir Grim, but it sounds to me as if you accepted his apology in private before a royal. He should expect nothing other than the matter resolved. If you don't see my words as true, show them to be false, embrace Sir Grim without demands and I will admit my error and without reservations you will have my sincere apologies. Take that as a challenge! You learn to forgive and I will learn to apologize. You don't even have to forgive me for whatever you believe I am guilty of or put up with my company for longer than it takes to apologize. Don't call me a fool, show me.

As always, I will be the ally of the unwilling and I will have both of your backs when you do not want or ask for it.

Naerduil Nar'mhac

Ah. How interesting. One who judges without context expecting to be judged fairly. Stand down, whoever you are. Naerduil? Cousin. You are obviously of Barran. A shame you were the first to jump to conclusions, my dear. Zalia is not wrong in her simple demand. The misstep mentioned put innocent Barran lives at risk in these foreign lands of Icenia by the insinuation they presented. You expect to be shown, what exactly? When what you are showing is an absolute lack of decorum, as the original aggressor after Zalia's simple and straightforward request given the situation. I suggest peace until gather.

-Thaumaturge Azraq
Barran Apothecary Guild

Voiced in deadly calm
"I am not your cousin. I would rather be Alfvadr then be associated with you."

Asim of the Barquene

I will submit to your wisdom and experience, apothecary. Perhaps I spoke hastily in defense of a man who may well have threatened my own life as well had I been there, but lacking decorum? Propriety? Certainly not. I stand by my chain of logic. The gentleman in question is a knight of this land unless his given name is "sir." That he was made to apologize at all shows the severity of his misdeeds, but to expect more or even speak in a terse fashion toward your social better when the matter has been resolved and accepted is not propriety, especially when he is making an effort to learn of the cultures of Barran and offers to add to the festivities. Sir Grim shows his true nobility by not responding to her taunts. I hold no such burden and I have already known the racist hatred that my dear cousin has for me. Perhaps you should do all of Barran a favor and teach Sir Grim our ways before Zalia or I convince him that we are all squabbling children and our pleas for aid against the horrors of our land go unheeded. I will leave this discussion asking only one last thing of the people of Ashbury, please do attend this gathering. My sweet nemesis is not without merit. If I thought that were the case, I would not waste my time telling her that she could take a higher road. I value her efforts and that of her stoic companion to salvage Barran from the horrors that some of my people gladly laid their lives down for their Emperor to create. Our mission is the same. It is sad that I and others of my kind must face this sort of prejudice even when we acknowledge that we bear some of the responsibility to bring Barran back to its former glory. This is a quest we share in common and we may not be able to achieve it unless we work together. I certainly don't think that talking down to a noble who offers to learn our ways in a land we seek help from is going to help anything, but I could be wrong. I look forward to learning just how wrong I can be and correcting myself (but I am still likely to speak out when ever I see a gesture of friendship (even if it might lack sincerity) reacted to with such venom.) It is simply the way I was raised.

I'm sure we'll all get along splendidly when we meet as the prosperity of our homeland hangs in the balance.

May my belief that Barran can grow and become a better place without irrational hatred not turn out to be the delusions of a madman,

Naerduil, the tragically demonized advocate of truth, beauty, freedom and love.

Back