Kids Campaign

As you all know, our 2015 Kids Event was held in the beginning of August and I'm very happy to say that this year was another great success, with our numbers up to 21 kids, many of them new players. This is at least the third year in a row where we have had attendance increase and I'm very excited about the direction our endeavor is going!

However, the continued increase in numbers has also highlighted that this has truly grown past the "let's get the kids together to LARP in the woods" weekend into a real campaign. This growth means that there is a definite need to have a solid infrastructure behind it. With that in mind, we have been given permission to put together a staff to help this campaign continue to grow in the right direction.

I will continue to act as the Chairperson for the Ashbury Kids Campaign and am very pleased to announce that the following people have also agreed to act as staff members:

Michelle Stagnitta - Head of Rules

Jim Sailer - Head of Plot

Kelly Allard - Head of Logistics & Head of Props

Bill Barrett - Head of Food

Our main goal going into the winter time is to work out the rules set that the kids will be playing with next year, not only for our use, but to be able to "publish" and give out, either to interested players or at conventions, etc. Additionally, we will be developing a Kids Database that will track who is coming to the events each year. If you are interested in participating on any of the committees, please contact the committee head. We will be posting soon how to communicate any rules, skill, plot, etc. ideas that you would like to submit.

Since the idea of a kids-only game is somewhat uncharted waters, there are/will be other modifications that we will need to consider to help improve the game, and we will continue to post on the Kids Campaign Facebook page and on the Ashbury Forum further announcements.

Here's to the future!! :)
Kathy
**Crossposted on facebook campaign page**

Back