Kitchen 2018

Sara

Hello Alliance Gettysburg!

Welcome to your 2018 Kitchen Update

1. Food Donation Bounty Closes at 3 pm Friday.

a. If you have not signed up for a food item by 3pm, it will be bought.

b. Any items ‘randomly donated’, will be considered for use. If we are not able to use it, please be prepared to take it home.

2. Updated Breakfast Hours!

a. Hot breakfast service from 9 am – 11 am. Bacon, Eggs, specialty item (French Toast, Pancakes, etc)

b. Beginning at 11:15 am until 12:30 pm Continental breakfast and anything left from breakfast service (eggs, bacon & ‘specialty items’ like pancakes or French toast). When it’s gone it’s gone.

c. Bread/bagels & toppings remain available. At 12:30 pm, any hot food is discarded. Bread goods are moved back into the kitchen.

d. To make this equitable, breakfast will not be no charge.

e. Coffee always available.

f. This allows kitchen staff to clean up at a reasonable pace, especially considering closing down Sundays.

3. New! Day Board

a. In the 2-4 pm time range ‘snacks’ will be available for a nominal fee/ charge per item. Fruit, veggie tray, chips & salsa. Cold cuts & cheese available with bread to build your own sandwiches.

b. Option to donate via bounty a soup or easy to heat (re-heat) item, also for purchase.

4. Dinner time: Time as set with Plot. Day board snack allows us shift dinner later, for more daylight mods.

5. Late Night: Rent the kitchen for late night! Set price to rent, you keep all profits. Additional surcharges for lack of cleaning. (As Ryan & Matt (ig Justin & Keegan) rented the kitchen for late night last year, contact me if you are interest.)

a. Otherwise status quo from last year. Service ~10 ish – 1 am, for a charge/nominal fee. Dwarf bread, extras from dessert, nachos, popcorn, whatnots.

6. As always – please let me know about food allergies, concerns or diet restrictions. All offerings last year had vegetarian, lactose free, gluten free, beef & poultry options. We can probably ‘make it work’. We are still on a budget, no I don’t be serving shrimp, lobster or oysters if you have a seafood allergy. This info also helps if our talented players donate a dish, so we can try to avoid allergens or alert to possible concerns.

I was, sadly, unable to like just the bacon portion of the post.

The rest of it is good, too, though.

I was, sadly, unable to like just the bacon portion of the post.

The rest of it is good, too, though.

I was totally thinking that if 1,b was bacon I'll be glad to take it home

I've got a 5lb package of bacon set aside for each event this year.

I was totally thinking that if 1,b was bacon I'll be glad to take it home

I don't know that we've ever had extra bacon. :) Last game we had WAY too much milk. That was difficult to 're-home'. We've also ended up with excess eggs one time. Especially with players traveling far distances, and in the interest of food safety to bring it back, and not have it go to waste, I'd like people to shop mindfully. That's why I added that rule: if you bring it and you didn't sign up on the list, you can take it home.

Please let me know on vegetarian / vegan so I can buy appropriately. If not applicable that will make things easier. If we've got ~2, I will buy a small amount. Thanks!

Are you asking for a gross (12 dozen) of eggs? When I looked at the list I seen a dozen eggs listed 12 separate times.
So we go through 3-6 dozen eggs for breakfast each day. I averaged that to 10 dozen. That's some to maybe do french toast or pancakes, as well. Plus dessert which I'll need ~1 dozen for cookies and for cake.
I could be very far off, but I know I usually do a flat of 30 or 36 eggs for scrambles each morning, plus if we've got other 12's of eggs around.
We go through a lot of breakfast food.

Wow I didn't know we went through that many. Thanks for the clarification.

I have 2 vegetarians, nut allergies & 1 mushroom allergy.

Please let me know if we can help accommodate your food concern.

I do not cook with nuts, because it is a common allergy, and have coconut milk as the lactose free option.

Thanks!
Sara (IG)

Back