Lamentable

stonegolem

Scholar
Marshal
Madame Sevaria, and All Who Stand With Her,

In another time and another place - another world, perhaps - your attempt at peace and reconciliation would have been rewarded. Your diplomatic words are to be commended, and ought to have been successful. Your only fault was ignorance, and truly, ignorance is a fault only when allowed to fester and spoil an intelligent mind such as yours.

Allow me to instruct you.

You must understand that this world and all of its planes are doomed, child. There is a fate awaiting us all that cannot be altered, cannot be defeated, cannot by word or deed be anything but a lamentable necessity. You are Unfortunates, all; you have the extreme misfortune to be Men of Action in a time where the only course is to simply live your life as best you can, before all is taken from you.

We Are All Going To Be Ended.

As I said to you on the field - Go Home. Return to your families, to your people, to the happiness that you can derive from the embrace of your fellow man. Be comforted by the swiftness of catastrophe, and the silence of eternity. There will be no more pain, no more suffering, no more sorrows for you. Enjoy the Final Hour and wring from it the joys of mortality, and then be ended.

Do not squander what you have left by dying before it is time. I urge and implore you all. Go Home.

Chithiss

Voidling,

This is my home.

I will see you afield.

- Sevaria of Goshawk

As I expected.

You others, then - your diplomat's negotiation skills have deserted her, and she craves an early grave.

What of you? What of your families? Do you not miss your husbands and wives, your children and neighbors? I would have hoped that Sevaria's silver tongue could be used to convince you that a quick death after a period of peace was far better than a pointless dust-up that ends with the running of your blood.

You struck down my shell once, and here I am again, ready to raise yet another army at the command of Destiny. Why must you resist? Is it honor, that vaunted unachievable, that compels you to die at the end of a sword, rather than in the arms of your loved ones? Will it matter to you when you are reduced to less than your component elements that you died "bravely", when there is peace and happiness to be had right this very minute?

I know you, mortals. I have read your literature, I have studied your philosophy, I have walked among you and spoken with you. Is it not important to live every day as though it were your last? The Last is coming. It will Arrive. It is as sure as the stone you walk upon, that the stone you walk upon will no longer be.

Sevaria, I will endeavor to convince you again when we meet, though I know you will not listen willingly.

You other "heroes"... I beg you.

Go. Home.

Chithiss

Somebody has to tell the Yeti what this guy is up to. I bet they don't even understand what they are involved with, because they are incapable of deep thought.

How did you convince them to do this evil? Did you tell them we made fun of their mama?

You evil liar!

Santet

"I know you mortals". You say with such certainty, when clearly you know nothing of us. You speak of the end and inevitability. You expect us to embrace these concepts and give up the fight. You studied our philosophy, walked among us. How could you have missed the fact the we laugh at inevitability, we shrug off destiny, we bed with death and leave her quietly in the night before she awakens only to return again when next we seek a cheap thrill.

You know nothing of mortals. If you truly did you would be the one to give up, run, and hide. But then maybe you do understand us a little bit, you have given up. You accept that the end is coming. You did run, straight to Void as many of the frightened do. You do hide, every time you take the field weather behind your primitive circles of power or your limb breaking subordinate.

When this is done and over it will not be the end of all things. It will only be the end of you. May some of us fall with you? Perhaps. Will that possibility stop a single one of us from fighting, not even one. Raise your army, bring your war. We will show Laerthan once again that her people will fight for her. So make you speeches, we won't be swayed by them only inspired to prove you wrong.

In years to come, when time has past and you have become just small conquest in the story of the Hollow. I promise you this Chithiss, I will raise a glass every year in remembrance to you, we will toast your name in the Gargoyle, so the coward who gave up, who fought to bring the end rather then fight against it is remembered.

You will not be forgotten.
Pure Lord Drenten

The Hollow is a small place - relatively. I know now that I have had my nose stuck too deep into my recipe books and my fingers knuckle deep in alchemical bits to even know who this Chithiss is. How is it that I live amongst you all and still do not know what is hunting (or should I say haunting) you.

Chithiss. I do not know you. Don't worry that doesn't make you special. However - if there's one thing I can tell you about every single adventurer I know - whether they are warrior, healer, merchant, tavern keeper, blacksmith or comic relief...not one of them will lay down and die just because you say The End is near. None of them, not even I the merchant alchemist who affects so little in the world, would rather lay down and die peacefully. We will all go out kicking, screaming, biting, blowing up, and cutting to ribbons this End you speak of. The final time we die and our spirits can no longer make the journey back into our physical forms, will be no less bloody than the first.

And if there is indeed a yeti could someone get me a blood sample, fur sample, teeth or claws please? I'll pay coin or trade in alchemy for these items. I have yet to add a yeti to my collection.

Tzydl ~Z~

Back