Latex Thrown Weapons?

Requiem

The Alliance rules addendum on Latex Weapons is pretty vague. It more or less says "You can't thrust or waylay, dimensions have to be within standards, and your chapter has final veto rights over everything. Caveat Emptor."

This more or less says nothing about thrown implements.

My first instinct is to not screw with such things, but latex weapons are SO VERY MUCH BETTER for throwing than their massive pillowy counterparts that I feel the need to make trouble.

What (if any) latex throwing knives have been approved for use in Oregon? Particularly, from the Seattle's "Approved Latex Manufacturers" list, there are offerings from Iron Fortress and Calimacil that I'm curious about.

I have a throwing knife from Mark Mensch (markusdark) at Larping.net that we're still testing out in Seattle, and I've used some of his "throwing eggs" as well. In general, latex thrown weapons, thrown or otherwise, are being allowed on a case-by-case basis - for the most part we're in a bit of exploration of how well the assorted styles of latex weapons and construction methods will work with a strike-intensive game like Alliance that requires no protective safety gear.

In other words, spend the money to get one, hand it to a marshal, and cross my fingers?

Pretty much, unfortunately. Some things we tend to be concerned about:
1 - what's it like to get hit in the eye?
2 - how dense is the latex on the corners?
3 - how much overall weight does it have?

If I buy a few and donate them for Gobbies, do I still get the gobbies if you ultimately decide they're not usable?

How about if I volunteer for the eye testing? ;)

Yeah... It seems like kind of a raw deal in this instance, but in general that policy is just common sense.

Thanks!

Back