LCO Effects for 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Please note we have no LCO effects for the 2018 season which will be common place.
It should be noted that certain mods you may encounter LCO effects from years prior or for a new plotline. The below are the most likely culprits and will be explained prior to the mod.
- Plague
- Physical Strike
- Arcane Suppression

Thank you!
Plot

Last edited by a moderator:
Random Clarifications - Insanity - is it Paranoia and Laugh, or Hallucinate and Laugh, the description makes this confusing.

Plague - Purify removes the effect irregardless that it's a healing effect?

Poison Strike - What in the Sam Blazes is Sam doing stealing my scales?!

"This is an RP effect and should be RP’d as though user was under effects of a paranoia and laugh at the same time."
Going off of Dave's question: You say it's an RP effect, yet the Laugh effect that is rolled into it has a very potent non-RP effect (preventing the use of game skills). Under Insanity, I assume I am restricted from game skills just like when under a normal Laugh, or can I still use my game skills under the specific Insanity effect?

Plague- What is the expected delivery method for this effect?

Also, can I presume,being that its a necromantic effect, that it does not persist past death? IE- Is Death/KB/Wait a minute then Life Spell an option, albeit expensive, for removal?

Plague can be delivered through any standard methods, but I would expect it to be delivered most often as a "Magic Plague" packet or as a carrier effect, ie a monster swinging "4 Plague". The effect does disperse on Death so you can just wait one minute (or KB your buddy, what could go wrong there?) and use a Life spell.

Insanity does prevent you from using game skills per the Laugh effect. In saying it's an "RP effect" I think Ryan was just saying that you're expected to roleplay the effects, much as you would with something like Paranoia.

Edited for clarity

Added an FAQ to the post with all your questions and clarifications. Also edited the main post to reflect answers.

Last edited:
One thing - CAN Jehan run out of spell shields and cloaks? :)

I had 1 expire over the winter...so now, yes I can. :)

The more important question is why am I running from an undead?

Because these undead actually managed to blow through your spell shields and cloaks, I thought that was pretty well established. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back