Legal release and known physical issues

Klandaghi

"I confirm that I am in good physical health and do not suffer from any physical disabilities unknown to Allince LARP."

How do I make any disabilities known so as not to violate this clause? I'm more then happy to share issues that I
have, that are known, to the world. Depending on the day, it can be very obvious. Seeing the comment on the
gentleman that became a scholar due to a back injury, I'm wondering if I need to be relegated to that from the
start. I have 2 Disc Protrusions at the L4 and L5 in my lower spine, I've been through an ABC Chiropractic
regimen and am doing MUCH better now. The chiropractic beat the snot out of the cortisone shots I agreed to
one year prior and I'm still going to monthly adjustments for maintenance. I'm really looking forward to playing
a fighter, but that may be a bad option depending. I have played paintball among other activities, but can
understand a change for the comfort of the organization and any concerns that my health could cause to the
continued maintenance of the event license and insurance involved.

I have a character drafted up, but if I have to change it up, I can. And if I do, I'd probably rewrite the history I
have in mind to accommodate the change. Retired adventurer, so on so forth, and no idioms for marriage
either.

Thanks,
Klandaghi

FYI, there are a couple others of us who get the bulk discount on chiropractor appointments who are playing outright Fighter class, or at least active melee fighters. Everyone's mileage varies individually. You're the only one who knows your own limits, of course. By no means assume you need to be in factory mint condition to live up to the level of athleticism required for LARP, however. Personally, I find that the beds at campsites usually do more damage to my back than the fighting! ;)

Trace

As a token cripple, let me pipe up here. Note that none of these injuries came from LARPing. I've got two busted up knees from days long past (66% and 33% ACL tears respectively, plus a broken kneecap), a fused spine (C5/6), and generally pretty bad luck all around when it comes to keeping my body intact.

- Your health is in your own hands to a certain degree. Combat is generally no more intense than paintball, but some of us are more than happy to push ourselves too hard. That's your call. Many fighters/combatants simply hold their ground and swing at whatever comes their way. Very low impact.
- You will get hit if you play a combatant. That's an absolute. The weapons are padded and don't hurt as a general rule, but if a solid but padded impact to an injury would cause problems, don't be a combatant.
- You will be trudging through the woods intermittently during day/night. If hiking is an issue, that may be a problem.
- Weather conditions are unpredictable. If that is an issue, it may be a problem.

With those in mind, I would say go out there and rise to your level of comfort. If something hurts, don't do it. If combat in general is a major problem, you probably won't be able to play a fighter, though if you can do paintball, you're probably okay.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Jim
- Friendly neighborhood cripple

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give it a shot and see how I do. Due to other conversations another character has popped
into my head, so I have a back up plan if needed. Would need to flesh him out a little more. What's odd is hearing that character's
voice writing the history/back story of my current character :sweat: Oh well. Should be fun none the less. I need to talk with my
group more to ensure that what I'm thinking works for them and ties in well with our starting story. I think it will. I can't wait to
send it in to the Plot committee. I'm hoping that they angle I am taking with it will be something new and refreshing, but then
again time is like a river and history repeats. I can only hope to provide a different interpretation on what someone else has
probably done somewhere else before.

Looking forward to the event! :rockon: I can't stop thinking about it. I need to train more. :sweat:
See you there!
~Klan

Keep in mind that after your first event, everyone is entitled to a free spirit forge if it is too difficult to manage.

Keep that in mind when understanding your own limitations. And be honest with yourself and us too.

My limitation... still not acclimated to 5280. I'm gonna be sucking wind and I know it. lol

See you soon!

Jesse

Back