Letter of Understanding per Mobeus

Mobeus

Artisan
Hey guys,

As many of you know, I am Aaron Thompson, player of Mobeus.. I just want to let you know I consistently concern myself for you all and the well being of the game. As we are getting closer over this year, I think it best to explain my current situation regarding some of my absences and issues I am having in my life.

Firstly, I will say I love the game, and make so much effort to make my way down, usually come hell or high water. Of late though, my work has absolutely required me and my training. I am likely going to be moving further north to Grande Prarie in the next month, don't be sad though, I am not leaving game. For those who don't know I work as a Peace Officer for Northern Alberta, out of Alberta Health Services of which I am proud to do. Due to this I have to often go off without much notice to deal with distressing situations and help solve problems.

I am dedicated to try and make this work, and I have a great set of managers who will likely be inclined to give me smaller extended weekends verses a long Vacation period, allowing me the flexibility to come down more often to game... it is clear I am going to have to fly now.. which is an expense in itself but really it isn't for the "game", it is because of all of you! This community makes this game what it is, and worth the effort.

I just hope to let people know, and apologize how some of my absences in character may cause some distress at time.. but I am with you in spirit, and will be coming back as soon as possible.

We will overcome the challenges set forth for us...

Cheers!

Glad to hear you are OK and still may be able to rejoin us.
Regardles, here is hoping work goes well and lets you fit in some fun!

Mike (of Mike and Brooke fame)

You know we love you Aaron. Any time you can make it we are happy you are there, and I don't think anyone has been upset you haven't been there.

I have been horribly upset! Jerk! Get your %$^#&* down here!!!!!

:shades:

j/k

God bless, Aaron, and we're always happy to have you! Best wishes, and hope you can make it in October.

Thanks guys,

Further update, my boss has tentatively approved an extended weekend for Thanksgiving... giving me 6 days to frolic in the sun... :D

So it looks like I am going to make it...

Yay!

Great news! The Breach and Sanctum will be better off with the Magistrate in town!

The Magistrate already is in...oh you mean the OTHER one. Yeah he has uses... :hahaha:

I know your pain, my duties have me vanishing for a few weeks coming up, so "Tag", you're it again.

Though you will have to find out in game just what fresh madness is happening... :mer:

Hopefully the revolving door of magistrates/mayors/sheriffs/sergeants/... ect will end soon? Having leadership of the Home Guard change not one, but TWICE last event was pretty disconcerting!

Can't help it if the newly promoted Sgt is accused of manslaughter and sentenced to death. :wacko:

mythic said:
Can't help it if the newly promoted Sgt is accused of manslaughter and sentenced to death. :wacko:

:D I know but it was still funny 'cause I had heard about the 2nd promotion before I heard about the execution and demotion (was preoccupied with player-driven events and trying to piece together an hour of time that was wiped from my memory)... so at one point I was convinced there were actually TWO simultaneous Sgts in addition to the new sheriff (who I'm still not sure is 'temporary' or 'permanent' when Danny's templar comes back - whose name I STILL don't know :wacko: .)

Math......stop hijacking threads!

However, we are mad at Dave! Get back to the game Klanger we miss your gruff old bastard!

Klanger said:
Math......stop hijacking threads!

I blame David (not you, the 'other' one), he's the one that pointed out the magistrate is back (... the 'other' one).

Further news!

It looks like there is also a posting in Calgary I am trying for... cross fingers? :D

I should find out in 2 weeks where I will be ending up...

I am super excited and hopeful!!

Sweet, good luck buddy!

Mobeus said:
Further news!

It looks like there is also a posting in Calgary I am trying for... cross fingers? :D

I should find out in 2 weeks where I will be ending up...

I am super excited and hopeful!!

Cool! Awesome news!

Good Luck!!

Sending you all the good vibes and karma I have available.

Back