Lighting... possibly other topics if I get distracted.

Drakenfist

Hey folks! Me again! So I remember from the October event that someone (pretty sure it was Saro) had a really cool torch phys rep that was like... a super awesome flashlight with flames? Was that handmade? If so HOW!?!? If not, where was it aquired?

What do you all use for light? I nearly fell on my face a few times in game, so any suggestions would be appreciated. One cool thing I saw was...

https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/larp-safe-torch-from-gargoyle-forge.30476/

BUT AS YOU CAN SEE its like... 75 bucks?

I would just love something like a torch that I could put out if needed that would still be safe. I'm really fine with minimal light, just enough for that torch feel.

ALSO

While we wait for the new season, would anyone be up to a potential fighter practice? Or something like that? Just a way to get the cobwebs out and have some fun?

Hi! I have 2 of those torches from the post you shared- and I love them!

If you want to see them I am bring them to the first TC game!

Looking forward to the TC season!!!

- Nette (followed by my In game signature I have no idea how to stop- sorry!)

Lady IronRose of Storm's Rose
Special Envoy of King Grimlock to Dragonreach
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

Most of the time for me, I have a small real flashlight for when I need a light OOG. "Crap I lost my keys." So I'm not too concerned with the look, so long as I can fit it in a pouch.

For IG light, the best thing I've seen is this flashlight with a cover, almost looks like a wand that people use to direct airplanes. Not sure where to get them. I think LightStorm uses them? Annette, do you know what I'm talking about?

Main points for IG light, is not having a direct beam that can blind people. Any other ambient light source is good. I would shy away from something you have to hold all the time.

-Joe

I got mine from goodwill. It would be pretty easy to make.

Kierra

Most of the time for me, I have a small real flashlight for when I need a light OOG. "Crap I lost my keys." So I'm not too concerned with the look, so long as I can fit it in a pouch.

The little cheap nugget flashlights work great for this.

Also reminder IG light you need a source; Light Spell or Alchemy.

And for the record, I hated Lifestorm lights, always killed my night vision.

I am no longer a member of Lifestorm but I think you mean their small blue crystal lights on their necklaces.

They are key chains.
But yeah can see them effecting nightvision.

- nette (followed by my In game signature - sorry )

Lady IronRose of Storm's Rose
Special Envoy of King Grimlock to Dragonreach
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

The one I'm thinking of wasn't a key chain, I don't think. I think Tom, (Casan) had one as well. It had three settings.

On the Night Vision thing, yeah I agree. However any 'always on' light source is going to mess with night vision. I was just trying to think of a good 'when needed' source.

-Joe

Back