Loaner Weapons

Tide2Go

Hey my dudes, my girlfriend and I will be playing this weekend but she doesn't have a weapon, and I'm not sure mine is legal. Will anyone be bringing loaner weapons that we could borrow? Thank you!

Thank you! I think we would both use basic swords and daggers and maybe a spear? We are finishing our characters on site so we will adjust our skills to whatever weapons are available :)

I doubt we will have daggers (we have attempted to move away from them at monster camp). Will have both long and short swords. Maybe on a spear?

Sounds good. Just a reminder that after the first event, you can rewrite/change anything about your character (skills, race, etc); so if you discover you like this weapon better or would rather cast spells etc, you can do that after your first event :)

I have a few npc daggers here I can make sure to bring. If they are reminiscent of prior artifacts... ignore the similarity :p

Just as a heads up, from somebody who became "famous" for using daggers, they are horrible larp weapons in many people's opinions. In D and D and many other games daggers are a staple weapon for classes such as rogues, but when it comes to live action they are much harder to use. They are much shorter than most weapons the enemies will be using so its harder to get a handle on combat, and to fight with them you have to nearly be "charging" all the time. That is a term you will become familiar with very quickly when you start playing. Essentially if you are fighting too close to somebody in their face you are charging. Daggers are so short that you almost always end up get called for charging which can become a very frustrating thing especially for new players. If you want a short weapon I suggest a short sword at the minimum. That is not to say that you can use daggers if you want, just giving you an experienced players perspective.

So much this. Wise words.

Just as a heads up, from somebody who became "famous" for using daggers, they are horrible larp weapons in many people's opinions. In D and D and many other games daggers are a staple weapon for classes such as rogues, but when it comes to live action they are much harder to use. They are much shorter than most weapons the enemies will be using so its harder to get a handle on combat, and to fight with them you have to nearly be "charging" all the time. That is a term you will become familiar with very quickly when you start playing. Essentially if you are fighting too close to somebody in their face you are charging. Daggers are so short that you almost always end up get called for charging which can become a very frustrating thing especially for new players. If you want a short weapon I suggest a short sword at the minimum. That is not to say that you can use daggers if you want, just giving you an experienced players perspective.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering about that myself, as we are playing rouges.

Back