Location Location Location (Site Survey)

Which has been your favorite site?

• Magic Sky (LARPspa)

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Sky High (Hightown/Lowtown)

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • MMR (Lost March Site)

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Parzivel

Artisan
There has been a lot of interesting perception around which sites we have enjoyed and which we have not. Some people seem to think "everyone" loves Site A, while others thing "everyone" loves Site B. For some actual data...

While LarpSpa has a few issues, (Lack of additional Fields for battles, Lighting concerns, and winds that can knock people down), I overwhelmingly prefer it to all other sites thus far.
  • Onsite Storage for Plot / NPC Camp
  • The Cabins:
    • Real Beds
    • Real Heat
    • Real Power
    • In Cabin Showers
    • In Cabin Cookspaces
  • The Gym
  • The Fancy House
  • NPC Camp Space / Plot Space (Particularly since Sky High lost it's NPC House
  • And quite a few others, that I'm probably forgetting, because my brain is mush. (But not Muck and Mash!)

I voted for Sky High, but my real vote is for not MMR. LARPing on that site actively hurts my overall enjoyment for the weekend.

My vote is also a vote for "Not MMR". I have no desire to fracture my ankle there again.

So true Wolsey, but just not in April/May or Oct/Nov....so cold there. :)

I'm surprised how much Magic Sky is preferred! I guess that's why Will did the poll though.

1st off, the beds at Magic Sky are THE WORST THINGS EVER!!!!!! It takes 3 mattresses or just pulling them off and sleeping on the floor to get a decent night's sleep.

2nd, I love sneaking around in the woods. And the majority of the used space at Magic Sky is wide open field. I love the paths through the trees at MMR.

You could bring an air mattress.

Sky High for me!
-Closer to the Springs (complete bias)
-More spread out, facilitating travel and ADVENTURE
-varied terrain for differing battle conditions
-more hidey holes for sneaky sneaks
-more "authentic" tavern

LARPspa is wonderful of course for all its creature comfort reasons. MMR is all sorts of awful.

Reactions: Kix
If we stay at magic sky I will 100% invest in a foam pad to go on the mattresses

Im all about Magic Sky as its close to home! Plus swanky cabins, including bathrooms and places to cook.

As for the other two, they both have good and bad points. I like having campfires at MMR and the feel of the site. Don't like the bugs there.

Sky High is okay. Big central building that looks in period is nice. I like the woods there.

I am divided, I love the terrain and atmosphere of sky high, but dislike the smell of the potties and the lack of power at all of the awesome places to setup camp is slightly irritating. I love the vast extent of the explorable area, though my calves usually complain something fierce post event.

I like the Magic Sky site because I get to interact with so many more people with the guild in the town hall, but there is no middle ground with the lighting. It's either full blast or pitch black. I also cannot reach this site in my own car, which is troublesome.

MmR was cute and had a lovely drive to get there, but just seems inescapably damp. And doesn't have a great central area for field battles. It seems I dislike this site a lot less than most people.

Strongly in favor of Sky High on my end:

• The drive to Magic Sky is one I loathe, more because of the random back roads.
  • The beds keep trying to kill us.
  • There's no real full meal plan at Magic Sky and cooking/cleaning time takes a lot away from in game time
  • Separation of the players is palpable given how we (as players, not plot) use the site

However I saw the words "on site storage" in association with actual NPC space.
At the end of the day, the sanity/feasibility for those who run the game is far more important imho.

Back