Lodging

Stana

Scholar
Marshal
Greetings to all,

I will be visiting the town of Briarpass in the upcoming week and find myself in need of lodging. Are public dwellings available for use, or rooms in a tavern available for rent?

As well, if there are any persons around well versed in the application of magics -- higher or lower -- I would welcome a discussion on the topic. Specifically, how to apply such magics in the most effective or unique ways. I am always seeking to expand my knowledge on the topic, and would be happy to share what I have learned in my travels as well.

I also offer my martial skills and knowledge freely to any with noble or goodly purpose.

-Thud

Stana said:
Greetings to all,

I will be visiting the town of Briarpass in the upcoming week and find myself in need of lodging. Are public dwellings available for use, or rooms in a tavern available for rent?

As well, if there are any persons around well versed in the application of magics -- higher or lower -- I would welcome a discussion on the topic. Specifically, how to apply such magics in the most effective or unique ways. I am always seeking to expand my knowledge on the topic, and would be happy to share what I have learned in my travels as well.

I also offer my martial skills and knowledge freely to any with noble or goodly purpose.

-Thud

Thud,

I offer room within my protection for all those that walk within the light, those that are willing to use their skill against the darkness that currently blankets Wayside. As Mistress Fallingstar, a master of Wayside, can attest, I am an adept formalist in the realm of Earth Magic. I also can offer conversation on the applications of magic, as well, and welcome other points of view. Please contact me privately if you'd like me to put aside room for you this market day.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Newcomer Thud,

Welcome! Will be nice to see a fresh face 'round dhese parts! If dhat is nye to your liking, dhere are usually rooms in Jara's Tavern for which to house traveling folk. Kyrie has been kind enough to put me up for a night or two once or twice. :D

Fortune and Love Follow You, Friend,

~Marcena
Romani of Clan Dagon

Marcena said:
Newcomer Thud,

Welcome! Will be nice to see a fresh face 'round dhese parts! If dhat is nye to your liking, dhere are usually rooms in Jara's Tavern for which to house traveling folk. Kyrie has been kind enough to put me up for a night or two once or twice. :D

Fortune and Love Follow You, Friend,

~Marcena
Romani of Clan Dagon

Marcena,

One thing to keep in mind - while Jara's may be available, the rooms do have a cost to them. I offer space asking for no coin, only a strong will to fight the undead menace.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Wow...dhat is a good deal. 'Cept for dhe whole "will to fight undead" thing. Help dhose wit' dhe will to fight undead count? I, myself, though I am nye too afraid now, remember what is like to be new. When dhe mere sight of one of dhey rotten visage was enough to make me freeze in my tracks wit' fear. Can't expect everyone to have dhe know-how to take a sword or good spells to one of dhem.

But my friend Eric is right, you will be facing lots o' undead comin' into town as sure as my two eyes can see. If you be too scared of 'em or don't fancy dealing wit' 'em, dhen I hear Terna is nice dhis time of year, you can go 'round Wayside pretty easy if you hang onto dhe coast real tight.

But if nye, dhen we'd be real happy to have you around. :D

Marcena said:
Wow...dhat is a good deal. 'Cept for dhe whole "will to fight undead" thing. Help dhose wit' dhe will to fight undead count? I, myself, though I am nye too afraid now, remember what is like to be new. When dhe mere sight of one of dhey rotten visage was enough to make me freeze in my tracks wit' fear. Can't expect everyone to have dhe know-how to take a sword or good spells to one of dhem.

But my friend Eric is right, you will be facing lots o' undead comin' into town as sure as my two eyes can see. If you be too scared of 'em or don't fancy dealing wit' 'em, dhen I hear Terna is nice dhis time of year, you can go 'round Wayside pretty easy if you hang onto dhe coast real tight.

Marcena,

The time for fear is long past. We need those with the will to pick up arms, or call upon the stars, or earth, to wreak havoc, or to heal those that stand with blade and spell. So, Marcena and Thud, do you fit in with this?

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Dhe am always be room near Kyrie an' I when it am come tah sleep'n dhough ya may need tah be ok whit a circle o' powa shoot'n up when trouba happen so i am can make sure evradhing ready. Jus' dha way it be.

-Hengin

Thud,
I am interested to make your acquaintance. I myself will be traveling to wayside with a friend, Brat who is a strong fighter. We hope to meet up with our friends Kovu and Hengin and plan to lodge with them in some part of the buildings around wayside that the adventures use. We will have a ward and I am sure we would be happy to offer you a space in it, no foolish terms or whatnot. Treat us honorably and you will receive the same. Look for any of those that I have just mentioned and we should be able to help you find a place for your things.

I am a skilled mage in the Celestial arts with a through knowledge of battle magic and basic understanding of formal. Kovu is even more skilled himself in earth magic than I am in celestial and I am fairly sure that either of us would be happy to talk about and/or instruct you in these arts. Magic is a good aid to have in battle and I hope to find a new friend to fight beside. Honorable company in battle is something I always welcome.

I look forward to meeting you, may the stars shine on your paths,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

I look forward to meeting you all soon. As to lodging, I greatly welcome all the invitations I have received, and will arrange such as I arrive in town.

Brother Marsters, it is always the time to stand Stalwart against the taint of undeath, and through teamwork and perseverance may progress be made. If there is a necromantic threat that abounds, I will be the first to stand ready to thwart it.

Mage Avari, I very much welcome a discussion of the practical or theoretical applications of magic, as well as having more comrades in battle.

-Thud

EricMarsters said:
Marcena said:

Marcena,

The time for fear is long past. We need those with the will to pick up arms, or call upon the stars, or earth, to wreak havoc, or to heal those that stand with blade and spell. So, Marcena and Thud, do you fit in with this?

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ha ha hehe ha....oh dhat is good one...dhat is good one. Does Marcena fit...oh, you're good, you are too much...an' so serious! I don' fear undead no more. What more could dhey possibly take from me after dhey took mi familia and my husband? I been so close as to wanna jus' leave dhe forsaken place to whate'er Targus wants wit' it and let others fight for it if dhey love it so much. But nye, it's "Fight, Marcey, fight!" I hate Briarpass and dhat is nye a secret to anyone. She beats me, she hates me, many of her people hate me and my kind, it is no where NEAR dhe sea, dhe weather is always drab and rainy e'er I been there, dhe monsters are hostile and hard to get rid of, dhe political process takes FOREVER and is complicated and seemingly arbitrary, people I care about is dying all dhe time, and it does nye even pay well if it ends up paying at all, but I come back almost every time adventurers been needed because it has claimed near everything.

It will nye claim dhe rest wit'out a fight from the Dagon Romani. Dhis includes dhe good people of dhe land who can nye move from it or will nye and my friends dhat, for dhey own reasons, love dhat burp of geography an' dhe people on it! :lol:

Fortune Follow You,

~Captain Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumea DagonGaddi,
Newly Philosophical Undead Slayer

It is true that Jara's Tavern has a private room that can be rented for coin. However when I was first adventuring Jara was kind enough to let me stay in the common room for free. Now that he is gone Anya and I intend to uphold Jara's ideals and traditions. I can't promise privacy, but I can promise that no traveler in Briarpass will want for a roof over their heads if they need one.

-Kyrie

Marcena said:
EricMarsters said:
Marcena said:

Marcena,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ha ha hehe ha....oh dhat is good one...dhat is good one. Does Marcena fit...oh, you're good, you are too much...an' so serious! I don' fear undead no more. What more could dhey possibly take from me after dhey took mi familia and my husband? I been so close as to wanna jus' leave dhe forsaken place to whate'er Targus wants wit' it and let others fight for it if dhey love it so much. But nye, it's "Fight, Marcey, fight!" I hate Briarpass and dhat is nye a secret to anyone. She beats me, she hates me, many of her people hate me and my kind, it is no where NEAR dhe sea, dhe weather is always drab and rainy e'er I been there, dhe monsters are hostile and hard to get rid of, dhe political process takes FOREVER and is complicated and seemingly arbitrary, people I care about is dying all dhe time, and it does nye even pay well if it ends up paying at all, but I come back almost every time adventurers been needed because it has claimed near everything.

It will nye claim dhe rest wit'out a fight from the Dagon Romani. Dhis includes dhe good people of dhe land who can nye move from it or will nye and my friends dhat, for dhey own reasons, love dhat burp of geography an' dhe people on it! :lol:

Fortune Follow You,

~Captain Marcena Cenkraea "The Dove" Idumea DagonGaddi,
Newly Philosophical Undead Slayer

Marcena,

Then should I take this as "Yes, please save me a spot to sleep"?

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Marsters,

Ms. DagonGaddi is not in need of a location to sleep, although I'm sure she is appreciative of your willingness to provide one.

Barrister Enan Bluewater

Back