Looking For Dramm

Sitting outside his shop in the market square, enjoying a tankard of ale, Dramm is enjoying a quiet evening. Which is rare.

Brunor notices Dramm and approaches him. "It'll been a while since I've seen you my friend. How faring the last few months?"

"Things are going good, and yourself?"

"For the most part pretty good as well other than dying a couple times cause of this bloody mace I have, though that will be a thing of the past once Fredrick casts a ritual spell to destory weapon. I was wondering if I get some advice from you for selling wares for blacksmithing? Before I arrived here, my father whom is a master blacksmith himself would sell items I crafted. I'm still learning what prices to sell certain items at."

"Selling prices can very from crafter to crafter. A general rule of thumb is it costs you 'X' amount of coin and product plus 'Y' amount of time and skill. You want to recover your cost of materials plus you would like to get payed for you time and skill. So add the two amounts to gether and that should be roughly what you should charge. Here's an example, a dagger costs 5cp in material and basic skill to make (5pp), so you should charge 10cp for recover cost and get payed for your time. Does that answer your question?" Taking a long swig of ale.

Taking a long draw of ale from his mug Dramm suddenly finds himself laying on his back covered in his drink. Coughing and sputtering he stands up, "What in the Ancients was that? I haven't felt the earth move like since that cave in 60 years back"

Just as Brunor was about to reply to Dramm he falls down on his back as well. As he is slowly standing up back up "I have never seen the earth move like this in my 20 young seasons so far. What the hell caused it to move?"

After a few moments Brunor then ask Dramm "Ya that answer my question though how much do you charge for silvering or strengthening a weapon? I know basic cost for silvering is 1.5 gold and strengthening is 5 gold. Would you double that cost for each of them?"

"The cost of strengthening and silvering of a weapon is for extra materials. Silvering only takes 15pp, so 15pp plus 150cp equals 165, so charge 3gp 3sp to silver a weapon. For strengthening a weapon is 50pp plus 500cp equals 550, so you would charge 5gp 5sp."

(OOG: do you own a ARB? It's all on page 58)

Back