Looking for Masks

So i've been looking on the Intertubes of late for a place that makes prosthetics for various things like "undead" "dragons" "Fea" and other various monsters and have been unable to find one that would accomodate my eye glasses. My entire plot team wears eye glasses so it would be better for us to find something we could adjust. Thoughts?

Paul

Glasses are tough.

Some places do half masks that ar actually the lower half/jaw but those are hard to talk clearly through.

If you can tap a talented person in your game with offers of gobbies a good bet might be to make some of your own out of like foam latex or silicon. Its not too hard to work with and holds up well and coulf be made around a model of a glasses wearing face.

Or you could just make them all wear contacts :)

I dont ever ask anything of my plot team and NPCs that I cant/wont do myself and since I have a disproportionate fear of touching my eyeball...
:)
Paul

Fair enough and actually for Nero like most active activiteis like sports etc contacts are a kinda bad idea.

To fit glasses though you generally are gonna need custom pieces or a lower half only mask

YOu could try and enlagr the eyhols on masks you get retail but they might look crappy will really depend on what they start out like.

I will now attempt to summon Markusdark to expound on the ones he undoubtably has made :)

AllianceCHI said:
I dont ever ask anything of my plot team and NPCs that I cant/wont do myself and since I have a disproportionate fear of touching my eyeball...
Paul

I'm with ya man, I can't even stand to put on eyeliner for stage makeup without my eye going all twitchy. Makes me glad my eyesight isn't so bad that I can't just run around all weekend without my glasses. Another few years, I'll have to re-evaluate that, till then I just can't ID people 100+ft away very well :D.

AllianceCHI said:
I have a disproportionate fear of touching my eyeball...
Paul

i tottally agree with you there, i just dont know how some people put contacts in, im sure i could get them in i am just not so sure on the getting it out part
well dad, it seems that im going to be wearing these for a while, i hope you dont mind the fact i have no pupils any more... just a solid black orb

We've actually got a few of the scream team ones for HQ plot. They haven't come out in game yet though so I'm not telling you which ones. They are soft enough that even those wearing glasses should be able to use them, so long as that particular design doesn't add too much around the temples.

You can always get the masks that are upper-half only and wear them on your forehead (think like the Lion King on Broadway, the face is still visible but the animal is represented above).

Whoever is wearing the mask like that can always paint the face below it a basic color (black for undead, predominant color for the dragon) just for continuity. And one color is pretty easy-on, easy-off.

Paul,

Next time you are out this way I'll be glad to stick my finger in your eye until you feel confident enough to put in contacts. It will be fun and a great bonding experience.

Scott
Sticking his finger in his eyes since the early 80s.

Thanks Scott,

I officially resign from any committe which could ever bring me within 300 miles of Scott :D

Paul

Looking at some of the other masks out there, I have come up with a basic idea to make a skull mask that has 'over developed' eye socket/ridges that could hold glasses underneath the mask. Although the scream team stuff looks great, it does require a few different applications of spirit gum and then makeup. Most times I know NPC's prefer just to slide on a mask and then take it off again without having to deal with the cleanup.

I currently don't have a skeleton mask in my repertoir so I'd be willing to lessen the expense of the creation of it, not to mention that I am an gobbie whore. :)

phedre said:
You can always get the masks that are upper-half only and wear them on your forehead (think like the Lion King on Broadway, the face is still visible but the animal is represented above).

Whoever is wearing the mask like that can always paint the face below it a basic color (black for undead, predominant color for the dragon) just for continuity. And one color is pretty easy-on, easy-off.
Oh how I always wanted one of those costumes.

~googly eyes~

I know those are glasses friendly. [haha] Back when I was doing local theater, we had a lot of people with glasses so we used these type of costumes. Very efficient.. and well.. they are pretty easily made..

Back