Looking for pointers on RP part of LARP

Discussion in 'Southern Minnesota: Out-of-Game' started by Bigens73, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bigens73

Bigens73 Newbie

So people that have interacted with me in game i would love pointers for how to improve Brusiey. I find the Role Play part a little difficult at times I would like to contribute more in this area but not sure how i am doing already or what others think of my character Bruisey Foemangler. I enjoy the live action part of LARP more probably from my years of physical sports. I may not have the technique to sword fighting down but I hardly back down from a fight. But really would like to enrich the interactions with other players.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Zihr

Zihr Newbie

Start talking to NPC's

3. Dragonblade

Dragonblade Scholar

talking to NPCs is good but also getting into your character does help learning about the race of your character and how you want to portray that can be both helpful and enjoyable.

4. Muir

Muir Templar

I find that mannerisms really help get me out of my head and into my character's. Makeup as well, but my skin's not a huge fan of it anymore.

The most helpful thing I can suggest is to figure out what Bruisey does differently than Bryce, and why. Then those actions start to become part of getting yourself into character, and building on them will further separate the two.

5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Adept

This is excellent advice. When I made Ragnarok I built him based on parts of myself. He is passionate and vocal about things that are important to him. He has a tendancy to say the wrong thing without thinking it through.

He got better when I learned what about him differs from myself. He can't stand people that he thinks are weak. He thinks 90% of problems can be solved with violence.

Beyond all that the more you play and the more you immerse yourself in the game the easier it becomes. When your character has a moment that changes them that's a big deal! The more of those you have the more your character becomes their own person and the better the RP becomes.

Hope that helps!

-Sid