Loot split from June 415

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
To all the recent travelers to Bayside this past June 415,

For those that were there in the battle against the sahaughin and the serpent, if you did not know, several pieces of valuable treasure was retrieved in that final battle from the slain serpent. At the time we immediately left the port of Bayside and was not able to divide up the loot.

Those that retrieved some of that loot have decided that the spoils would be best divided up. What was dropped was an Arcane Armor item, a platinum piece, an obliterate scroll and a summon pantherghast scroll.

Due to their dangerous nature, Baron Egil decided to turn the obliterate and the summon pantherghast scroll over to the duchess. This last gather we auctioned off the Arcane Armor item that dropped and divided that money. In August we will divide up the platinum and turn in the two scrolls for a bounty if there is one. That money from the platinum and the bounty (if available) will go into the next large town loot split that we have.

While it is not the most fair way of doing this, it is the best we could come up since we do not have a comprehensive list of who was there for this battle.

cleardot.gif

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to seek me out and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

By my hand,
Squire Kendrick Eisenhal of Rivervale

That Panthergast scroll was looted by Bremmus and Vera on a joint kill, in an operation where the loot was not being split. (In fact, it resulted in a bit of an .. ahem dispute, which Jessie was called in to reconcile.) Vera and I decided to turn that in to Baron Egil as the appropriate authority as we were in Bayenna at the time. It should not be part of the joint loot split - as that was decision which came about the gathering after the drop.

I'll talk to Baron Egil and have him work it out. Truth be told, we haven't gotten a bounty from scrolls like Summon Pantherghast in the past, just necromantic scrolls, so it shouldn't really matter.

We were told that there would be a reward for it from the healers guild. We turned it in to him for safe keeping.

At this point I'll remove it from any sort of loot split and you can work it personally out with Baron Egil.

To clarify Kendrick's point, the rewards have been inconsistent and lately non-existent. The scroll was illegal and removed from circulation for that reason. If there is a reward, that will be sorted out later.

As it stands, we have some people demanding splits from items looted during the transition of how such things are handled, while others are demanding that they get group splits AND personal shares of what they killed. This is still being sorted out. I believe the intent is to work this out to be as fair as possible to everyone, but so long as everyone expects both personal looting AND loot from the split, this will never work. Please adjust expectations, as the more we bicker about loot, the less likely it will ever balance out.

As an aside, I am not happy with recent loot splits, but I see the intent and appreciate it.

Thank you LaGarde. Also, just to clarify the normal policy on outlawed items.

Unlawful Possession or Performance of a Restricted Ritual Certain ritual items are so powerful that there are strict guidelines as to their ownership and possession, if not outright prohibition, requiring authorization on at least a ducal level to possess and/or cast. Examples include: ● Spirit Store ● Circles of Power ● Summoning rituals of any variety ● All Necromantic ritual scrolls. ● Obliterate Failure to do so will generally involve removal of the manifestations/creations in addition to any other punishments. In addition, unauthorized use of Spirit Walk to enter a circle that you do not own or have permission to enter carries a heavy fine. These ritual scrolls may be turned into the appropriate guild or a paladin for compensation (a reward for the citizen’s honesty) or, should the scroll not be outright banned, kept by the appropriate guild or the paladins for safekeeping while permission is sought to cast them.

Certain components, used in the casting of the rituals, are similarly restricted. The primary examples of this are the catalysts of A Death Elemental's Tear (Obliterate) , A Banshee’s Last Wail (Transform to Greater Spectral Undead) , Ashes of a Vampire (Transform to Greater Corporeal Undead), and First Rib of a Dread Lord (Transform to Greater Skeletal Undead) . As with restricted ritual scrolls, these items may be turned into the appropriate guild or to the paladins for a reward.

Traditionally necromantic scrolls are turned over the Healer's Guild for a bounty (usually 2 gold) and are destroyed.
Summoning scrolls are usually turned over to the Duchess for safekeeping. The owners name is listed on record with the Duchess but it may not be cast without her or her courts approval. No reward is usually given for scrolls of this kind (since the owner still owns the scroll).

The question arose on this scroll because Vera paid 5sp to get it identified and we were told by "someone" (I truly don't recall who) that it should have a bounty of ~1gp. Not huge dealings here but as this was before the current loot split method, she asked me about it and I brought it up here to Kendrick.

I agree with you LaGarde, I don't particularly like the current loot "system" as it is, but I do appreciate the intent to be fair with such things.

Vira chimes in "So having watched this system in the last few days... honestly?... it aint bad. And thats coming from the land of skepticism straight to you. Long as you can keep kids from skimming, or lieing about being there, it aint a bad way to distribute findings pretty evenly... given that the population that floods this town has to play makeshift militia... Keep what ya kill is great... im a fan.. .but as big as these fights get, eh, yeah, somethings gotta give.

Redistribution of wealth? yeah... but the poor, the non-baronials, healers, archers and other support folk who cant go rummaging through bug carcasses or whatever because they're keeping you alive are going to benefit in a manner they really didnt before... and I like not dieing. thats pretty sweet. Just get your name on the damn paper."

Back