Maelstrom Opener layout info

krieger

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
Hey everyone! Hope you are excited for our season 2018 Maelstrom opener!

We all have packing, and last minute stuff to do, so i will try and be quick.

This wouldn’t be a Maelstrom game without setup, and immersion shenanigans. So here we go
We are at Camp Cutter this time around, and so setup is going to not be the tried, and true, players, here, staff there, that many have grown accustomed to.

For those of you who were at the last Maelstrom game at Cutter, the following is going to sound Familiar.
The cabin assignments that you have received via logistics are still valid. The Main Kitchen will of course be open for you to prep, cook, make, and store your food. Showers, bathrooms, etc, are of course there to be used. Secondary showers, etc are at the pool house, either side, and the room in the back.

The top floor of the Lodge will be utilized as a controlled mod space plot land will be towards the back, with logistics in the cooks room.

The TSB is “the clubhouse” ingame a location for all of you, with the back door of the main room will act as the “portal” which leads to the glade/vale on the surface.

The glade/vale is the camp directly behind the TSB, camp Kenny. All of those perma tents, and that site is yours go nuts.

To travel from one to the other walk up to the portal physrep/tapestry, place hand on head, and say “I step through portal 1, I step through the portal 2, I step through the portal 3”.
The time it takes you to walk back, and forth between one or the other is the time it takes your character to transfer from one site to the next.
When you arrive at your destination you appear on a 3 count. Yes this is a visible/auditory affect, and yes you can take damage just like a rift.

From the corner of the TSB out to the Boathouse will be a dividing line. Everything on the Lakeside and away from the TSB is underground. Everything away from the Lake, and onward is Above ground. No your characters cannot see/hear things happening from the opposite places.

This may change at some point during interactive play, and if it does you will be notified.

We could always use help decorating, and setting up for those of you who arrive early.
We will have a stack of tapestries, and other sundries for the “Clubhouse” the player clubhouse which will be yours to do so as you please.
Earth circle located near the Clubhouse is handled - Nikos
Celestial Circle up top near the cabins - Loxious?

Back