Magic Item Conversion Guide

Alkalin3

Knight
There's been some questions about magic item conversion.

The Playtest Guide is a bit vague on this, so let me provide some details.

All rituals effects that do no exist in 2.0 will convert to 1 other ritual in the guide. For rituals with tiers, you are free to pick the any tier.

All flaws on items will remain, with the exception of the 1/2 damage ones. Those are removed entirely.

CSS will convert to Regenerates.

Previously we did not allow non standard items.

This time around we'll allow any non standard effects to be converted to a single ritual effect, and the items are spirit locked regardless. If your item goes above 20 effects, the extra effects are simply discarded.

Please keep in mind this is not how your items will convert when we actually switch over, the formula will be more complex.

Last edited:
There's probably not a lot of armor out there with rituals on it. So if you're interested in testing out the armor rituals and need one of your items turned into armor, that's acceptable too.

All rituals that do no exist in 2.0 will convert to 1 other ritual in the guide.

Do you mean in general per the packet rules, or are you enforcing the suggested item swaps under "Recommended Exchanges" as the only available choices.

If you have a primary weapon, shield, or wand that you use that has something special on it, and is not allowed. We'll allow you to convert one of other your magic items into a weapon for the playtest.

I can still convert my wand to a spear, per the packet stating.
"Enchanted weapons and Wands may change their type if the character becomes unable to use a specific existing item or changes the type of weapon/item they specialize in. For example, an enchanted Sword can change to a Mace, a Relic, or a Polearm so the player may try out different concepts."

Then also convert one other magic item to a weapon per the quoted statement. Is that correct?

-Joe

Do you mean in general per the packet rules, or are you enforcing the suggested item swaps under "Recommended Exchanges" as the only available choices.
We're not enforcing recommended, use whatever you want.

I can still convert my wand to a spear, per the packet stating.
"Enchanted weapons and Wands may change their type if the character becomes unable to use a specific existing item or changes the type of weapon/item they specialize in. For example, an enchanted Sword can change to a Mace, a Relic, or a Polearm so the player may try out different concepts."

Then also convert one other magic item to a weapon per the quoted statement. Is that correct?

-Joe

Right, I'm not modifying what the packet says. Rather giving people who are caught needing a weapon because their weapon had some special effects the chance to have a weapon.

You guys rock!

I think Chris was just clarifying some things and trying to make as many allowances for MI switches as possible.

I had a never ending slew of questions about this yesterday (as I'm sure many people have), so I think he was just making things clear.

This time around we'll allow any non standard effects are can be converted to a single ritual effect, and the items are spirit locked regardless.

Can you provide an example of what you mean by this?

Can you provide an example of what you mean by this?
If you have a sword that lets you cast a cure mortal wounds unlimited times per day but you take a cause mortal wounds, you can turn that effect into a single ritual effect from 2.0.

Back