Magic Item Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Artisan
If a person has one Magic Item that is Healed by Flame and damaged double by Ice but also has another that is Healed by Ice and damaged double by Flame on them at the same time. How does that work out?
Are all of the effects cancled out?

In the event a player is Healed by Flame, they aren't taking any damage from Flame, so that damage is essentially 0. Double 0 is still 0.

In the event a player is Healed by Ice...same outcome.

In the event you describe, the player would be healed by both Flame and Ice. Note that healing cannot be doubled, so they'd just take the standard amount as healing.

Note that healing cannot be doubled, so they'd just take the standard amount as healing.

Small discussion point, but I believe you are thinking of the Choose Flaw ritual manipulation. If the flaw is generated through some means other than the Choose Flaw ritual manipulation then I believe the restriction noted does not necessarily apply.

That said, the rest of what you typed has been how I have seen it ruled and played.

Healing is never doubled unless it is listed on a monster card as such. Like undead being harmed double by healing being reversed life force, they would be healed double by healing.

As for any "Double damage from...", it is not doubled if turned into healing via golem or magic item (since golem is a magic item).

At least that's how I read the rules on those...

Thanks, Seth!

It's correct that the effect I was referring to should be interpreted as the Choose Flaw doubling. Any other way of double-damage being dealt (a ritual casting flaw, for example), would result in the recipient being healed double.

I knew you wouldn't be healed double. I just wasn't sure if the healing would overrule the double damage or vice-versa. Thank you to all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back