Magic Storm and Spellstrike

Muir

Fighter
ARB 2 PT v.07 said:
Note that a Storm spell can be cast/activated only on oneself and grants the target the ability to throw the packets. For example, someone with an activatable Magic Storm could activate the spell on themselves calling “Activate Spell Magic Storm!” and choose an element (such as Flame), after which they would throw 15 packets for “10 Spell Flame!” The Magic Storm spell itself is never thrown to be reflected, absorbed, etc., only the individual “10 Spell Flame!” packets are thrown.

Magic Storm

Evocation, Storm (not scrollable)

When this spell is cast, the caster must choose any specific damaging effect from the Evocation effect group (Flame, Stone, Ice, Lightning, or Magic). This effect allows the caster to throw 15 packets at 10 damage each of the chosen element as "10 Spell <Element>!".

Celestial 9

To confirm, does this indicate that it is no longer a valid call to swing magic storm as a spellstrike that deals 10 damage?

The situation that I have encountered under present rules is a monster planting its feet and rapid-firing repeated spellstrikes as a delivery method apparently altered by being a spellstrike. Given that the new wording is explicitly target self only and packet based, that would be my interpretation.

Thanks!

Sounds correct to me.

"The Magic Storm spell itself is never thrown to be reflected, absorbed, etc."

That is the key part I believe that would keep this from being usable by any of the rituals that allow a spell to be passed to another source.

-Tony

Back