Magic Weapon Tag Description

I recently had one of my weapons enchanted and I was planning on providing a better phys-rep for it, but I wasn't certain how swapping phys-reps works.

So I have a longsword that's enchanted with an Ice Elemental Aura. I currently phys-rep it with a very basic black duct taped boffer weapon. Is it possible to swap out that old black weapon with a custom made weapon (meeting all the safety requirements of course) that is meant to represent the Ice Aura? (I know it's not required, just a personal preference)

Is there a circumstance where this wouldn't be acceptable?

Thanks,
Phil

I believe the only time it is not acceptable is when there is a specific phys rep put out for it.
Example, someone (Swift?) got a pretty boss spear, it is phys repped with various glyphs on it. That rep has to used with the tag for it.

Just make sure your new rep clears before changing the tag over.

Changing phys-reps generally isn't allowed unless it's to a pre-approved, better-looking phy-rep that generally looks like the original. The general premise is that these are indestructible and uniquely recognizable items in-game, so once it is in, it's in and prior approve is necessary.

My advice: Check with the owner/staff for the chapter that "owns" the magic item before doing anything.

Avaran said:
Changing phys-reps generally isn't allowed unless it's to a pre-approved, better-looking phy-rep that generally looks like the original.
That being said, if it's a Seattle item, we'll usually approve it if it follows those requirements, since we do want to support better-looking reps when possible.

I concur with Jimnibus Prime. I am always down for better reps. As long as it passes safety I am game. That's plot me talking, I am not a marshal.

Just make sure your item matches the tag description. If your tag says "white short sword", you can't apply the tag to a white long sword, or a blue short sword, or a cup of Powdermilk Biscuits. That's right, Powdermilk Biscuits, made from whole wheat raised in the rich bottomlands of the Lake Wobegon river valley by Norwegian bachelor farmers, so you know they're not only good for you, but also pure, mostly. They give shy persons the strength to get up and do what needs to be done. Heavens, they're tasty and expeditious. Powdermilk Biscuits.

Noted: Powdermilk Biscuits are not an acceptable phys-rep for my longsword.

whim_brown said:

I want an ARC ruling on this.

Druk said:
whim_brown said:

I hear Bryan has quite a thing for Powdermilk Biscuits, so we can't assume that ARC'S ruling would be untainted by corruption . :shock:

Draven said:
Druk said:
whim_brown said:

I hear Bryan has quite a thing for Powdermilk Biscuits, so we can't assume that ARC'S ruling would be untainted by corruption . :shock:
Taint?! Sounds like a job for the Jamesson brothers!

Alavatar said:
Draven said:

We will CLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the TAINT and SAAAAAAAYYYYY-VE the unsuspecting spirits!

Avaran said:
Alavatar said:
Draven said:

We will CLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the TAINT and SAAAAAAAYYYYY-VE the unsuspecting spirits!

AHMEN BROTHA!

+Like

Back