Making sure

Dom

Scout
Just checking to make sure everybody make it out of that crazy place okay. I went through the first portal so don't know now how things went after that.

Everyone make it through up until red portal, 'cuz I got thrown through dere after everyone else gone. Dunno what happen to everyone who didn't go through white yellow green or red. Was there a blue one? I didn't see it.

Anyone see Guildmistress Keely come through da mists? I told her I go lookin' if she end up back in freaky torture prison place, but if I don't gotta do dat den dat would be good. I need a beer.

HEY KAINEN I HAVE SWORD STILL. You get it back from me at da Hollow, ya? Or maybe I give to Sevaria if I see her first?

Keely is safe, Angrag. If you need help finding the Hollow let me know. I'll come find you.

Luka, I made sure Ren got through her portal. She should be safe.

~ Squire Vry

If Kainan can't meet you in the Hollow, Angrag, I can. I'm there now. It's good to hear people escaped safely.

- Sevaria

I was in the last group, and I'm fairly certain every on made it. I was too far away to talk to the last few that made it into the mist, but I'm pretty sure I spotted Kainen and an elf guy carrying Mayhem.

-Kiba Shanshi

For one who had all but given up on mortal kind, no language holds words for my gratitude.

From the young to the eldest, you’ve all been through so much, suffered as no one should, lost more than any should lose. Yet still your hearts are good.
And you see this is not speculation, nor my heart in sorrow giving more than deserved. Let me tell you how I know this.

My whole life I’ve been able to see and understand the forces that surround us and shape our worlds, and when we were drawn and trapped in that grey between I could see a dangerous variable in our circumstances. I chose to let it remain a secret out of fear that your knowing would trigger the worst and doom us all. The secret was that the power of the Caller and the All World to enslave you, to betray you, to crush or kill you was determined by you.

I suspect that the Caller has laid that very trap for countless generations that came before, generations that did not survive. I also suspect that the Caller’s power is not an ability to overcome its target, but rather that it relies on mortal kind's capacity to destroy itself, and that is the crux of why so many have fallen for so long. Mortals are good at destroying themselves.

Of course from this we are compelled to lose faith in our fate, but that is the miraculous implication of what I saw.

You did not destroy yourselves. You did not abandon each other, nor did you grow weak with despair or stumble with indecision. You did not lose faith.
Your imperfect, audacious goodness saved you…

My desire to conquer the undying blight of my lands was first born of pride. With time, my drive became paternal and desperate, a sort of beneficent superiority wrapped in endless suffering. What moves me forward is no longer a desire to live above you, or to save you.

I wish only to join you.

Mourgrymm of the Deadlands

Santet:

Ask Ciaarah. We were together when we jumped through the portal to escape. It's a long story, and she's better at remembering details than I am.

-Phedre

Ona,

Kienen and I were able to grab Mayham and get out of the last blue portal. We were the last to leave as the world crumbled. It is miraculous, but I believe each and every adventurer was able to safely escape. I will be in the Hollow if you wish to share a drink.

~ Avian.

Santet,
A common enemy does not an ally make. Should this Mourgrimm truly wish to redeem himself let him submit himself to justice and pay the price for his crimes. Once sentence is carried out then a dialogue can begin. What say you Mourgrimm? Would you stand before a neutral magistrate and speak to your motivations and reasons? The Caller tried to tear down the most noble part of its victims, which means that there must be something in you worth destroying.

-King Broomis Bouchard

It has been brought to Mougrymm before. When we are able to return him to his natural state, he will have the opportunity to redeem himself. Until then, his monstrous half remains a risk.

Those who wish to help can aid us in trying to find a way to reverse his corruption -- the sooner the better.

- Sevaria

Your Majesty; King Broomis of Icenia

I am in complete agreement with you. I have crossed blade' with Mourgrymm many time'.

I am no ally of the Kanoredhil. His Grace Duke Sir Frost Vardick and His Excellency Baron Sir Mason Stormblade can attest to that fact. No one will say otherwise.

I will not allow anyone to stop Mourgrymm from turning himself into the proper authority' to face whatever punishment is deemed fitting.

I miss you dearly Great King of Icenia, I imagine that the orchard' of Brittington are beautiful at this time of year. I wish you well.

-Santet

Your Majesty, Santet, Avian,

To which the Ria has alluded, the monster complicates our options.

No sentence would matter while the Withering remains. The hunger would remove me from any prison, no amount of torture could match the suffering inherent in my starvation, and as I have learned with heavy heart, until the land is cleansed my curse remains.

Until then, death and resurrections hold no meaning.

I cannot die.

But if the time comes that this is not so, I would stand in trial before the Queen of my lands, for it is against her realm and citizenry I have most offended.

M.

People should remember:

Some crimes are unforgivable.
Some lives are irredeemable.
Some spirits are simply too corrupted by evil to be saved.

This Kinoredhil should be counted amongst them.

Do not be fooled.

Scarn Whiteleaf

What Scarn said.

Drakonios DarkTalon
Amani Ranger
Crowngiver

I was not aware that this being was of the Dur Namarie. The offer to arbitrate is rescinded.

-King Broomis Bouchard

Are all people so far gone not worth consideration? Especially when the whole of Laerthan is at a further risk of being destroyed?

We....

I would think that one such as Mourgrymm, that while perhaps not a monster to be saved for his and his people's crimes, is at least to be considered if they play a part in the salvation of the Deadlands.His spirit owes that land that much.

Not to mention the lives of Mystic Wood Elves that fell at his, or his people's feet.

Perhaps corruption is viewed from a different perspective through the eyes of the corrupt.

Allow this wretched creature his part to play...and to his Queen, may her justice against him be swift when the time calls for it.

-Z

Good, evil, no such thing. Pick you actions and live with them, choose you side and stick to it, if it wins your a hero a patriot. If it loses your a traitor, a terrorist. We all fight for our own reasons sometimes those fights align with each other sometimes they pit us at one another. I am not defending any one else's actions, but take a hard moment to look down from your moral high ground and ask your self, are you worthy to judge?

Pure Lord Drenten

We all have within free will the choice to turn from any path and walk down another. Should our life take us through the shadows of unforgivable acts, should we march on merely because there is no undoing what has been done? Monster or man, forgiveness or naught, judgement or naught.... none of this prevents or limits the choices we make in the future.

~ Avian

Back