March Game Favorite Moments

Karmah

I figure since it hasn't started yet, I'd go ahead and post this

I loved the entirety of the Verikal Investigation, Mandara Bola's conversations and rage, Luke's vision quest that played into this, and the plan that came out of it.
I really enjoyed going on a scouting mission and finding out Sedovia is at open war as part of that scouting mission
Even though I didn't take part I thought it was super cool that there was an intense RP session for the delegation council about the war effort.
The rifting into the celestial circle was rad and terrifying
Defending the supply drops without almost any weapons and just two of us repelling the last two baddies back to back as we scream for aid
Sitting in on the information exchange
Ladies Night and the group hallucination plot gave us!
Hava's readings
Sing Song time in the tavern late saturday night
And getting so many people to join up for my group DT for returning to Auros

I felt more apart of this game than the last and feel like i had much more to offer.

Void magic whaaaaat?!
More money went into and out of my hands this game than ever before in a single event and it was was fun getting to wheel and deal and have to make quick hard decisions like that.
Getting to be a part of a vision and get that juicy plot; for some reason this is a rare thing for me despite being a pretty competent formalist.
Clenching up after the shatters start getting thrown. MY MONEY!!!
Being the "bad guy" in a malitia training exercise.
Being the bad guy in a big night fight.
A very well lower power balanced fight during the talks.
Shaking from both the cold and queen of nightmares thinking she was just gonna obliterate me after she saw my mark.
I think I was one of the more experienced adventurers this event which was...weird.

As much as Jocean complained about having three of his weapons getting shattered (he was very excited to finally be able to use his pole arm), coming across that skirmish with the smith golems (that was what they were, right?) by accident and managing to stay alive through it - even though I was weaponless for over half of it - was pretty cool.

"Out of my way!" Everything with Mandara was unexpectedly awesome.

As much as it hurt to circle res Kelb, having the war escalate was pretty darn amazing. Watching people figure out things about how their enemy works is always great fun.

The Queen of Nightmares mod went off perfectly.

The Queen of Nightmares mod went off perfectly.

I'm standing about 5 feet from Izodel, on the other side by another few feet is Linn, and I'm standing there trying not to be noticed by The Queen, staring into one of Ben's eyes, because his other is in shadow, with the Hanibal Lecter mask and his herky-jerky movements hefting that hatchet looking at me like a butcher looks at a strung up pig... Then Gavin comes flitting around all of us, and I just know that when this goes South, it's going South quickly. Luckily, it didn't. I believe the French call a moment like that "The Call of the Void."

Playing our Lizardfolk has been a lot of fun for the last couple of events, and we're looking forward to continuing with them at the next event!

Some highlights:

- Saving several adventurers from CERTAIN DEATH over the course of the event. I forsee a new show in the future: "Red Thorn Rescuers! Starring: Esthe, Chaacs, and Kosh!"

- Coming into the mod on Saturday afternoon to protect boxes of supplies from the Rust Elementals was great. Excellent mod, interesting twist, and a lot of fun to participate in.

- The Red Thorns are starting to find their place in the adventuring community. It's interesting seeing how that integration is going - everything from RP with the "Militia Tribe", to figuring out how to react to Ferran's jokes and personality, to dealing with adventurers randomly rifting out ("These ones have witnessed that they are safe! Why is that one worried? The missing ones will return with prizes!") is fun to play out.

- Unexpectedly getting included at the delegate's table was a blast. The fight with the Northwind Tribe Ogre couldn't have ended any better, with the two of us going down simultaneously in the challenge. Not at all expected, but highly cinematic and led to some very eye-opening RP at that top table for Esthe. Seeing who will - and who won't! - stand up against the Undead and the Valenzians was important to future RP.

Thanks everyone for a great game!
-Bryan, player of Esthe

Back