Mass Alert

yes, enemies of mine will be hearing this as well, but right now it's more important that this be sent out as quickly and as widely as possible.

In case you have not already heard this, do NOT drink the wine that comes in a bottle with a Spiral on it, it is a mystical poison that will enslave you to the one who makes it. The wine is already being spread from here to the Capitol and even beyond, and I d not know how many people have already consumed it. I urge all merchants, innkeepers, and distillers to avoid dealing with or spreading this wine at all costs, and if you already have some in your stock, PLEASE destroy it.

Cerulean Jax;18426 said:
yes, enemies of mine will be hearing this as well, but right now it's more important that this be sent out as quickly and as widely as possible.

In case you have not already heard this, do NOT drink the wine that comes in a bottle with a Spiral on it, it is a mystical poison that will enslave you to the one who makes it. The wine is already being spread from here to the Capitol and even beyond, and I d not know how many people have already consumed it. I urge all merchants, innkeepers, and distillers to avoid dealing with or spreading this wine at all costs, and if you already have some in your stock, PLEASE destroy it.
Because bottles are hard to change?

@~}~~
G

No, bottles are easy to change, but I had to try to warn people SOMEHOW. The wine has a very singular smell and taste, and even a look; it's very dark, almost a blood-like colour and appearance, and it smells sweet and alluring, like a dark fruit.

As a matter of note, very few non-adventurers tend to reach this state of dreaming; you may have a better chance of getting your warning out if you go to the taverns in person.

Thank you, I'll do that.

If you have the money, you can also try and buy up as many as you can to destroy them. To be honest that might be the best way to collect them.

Crates are being brought in in massive quantities, and the going price is 2.5 gold per bottle. Buying them all up is easier said then done. The symbol itself has a particular property to it, so I am not sure it is as simple as that, but it could be covered or otherwise obscured. I am studying it, and have more information, but it could be detrimental, and once I track the source for certain, I will make it known. For now I will not be starting witch hunts.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

I spent the majority of the gold I had left on whatever I could find, but truth be told, the merchants were selling out of the wine faster than I could find it. As the innkeeper at the Hoot 'N' Holler told me, "this wine is going like hotcakes".

If you're dealing strictly with wholesale merchants, sure, but a lot of these merchants buy one or two bottles from another merchant, who's selling what he got from another merchant, and so on. See how easily the trail gets obscured?

I think we need to start searching the buildings. EVERY building. from top to bottom, in root cellars or under floorboards. We have to find the gate.

I was just thinking that if massive amounts of crates are being brought in, as Kerjal said, then tracing the shipment from a vendor to a supplier should not be difficult. Find out where the taverns are getting them, then find out where the tavern supplier is acquiring them, and find who is shipping them, then find who is contracting the shipper to move the goods, etc.

But, if a tavern only purchases one or two bottles from a gypsy wagon (no offense to the Romani) and another bottle from a merchant with wanderlust as you imply then tracing the shipment is a bit more difficult, but not impossible. Just takes more time.

Cerulean Jax;18448 said:
I think we need to start searching the buildings. EVERY building. from top to bottom, in root cellars or under floorboards. We have to find the gate.

I'm sorry Jax, but no official in their right mind is going to give someone the power to conduct that kind of unfocused search. Tell them "I know that the X is in this building Y" and *maybe* you will, assuming Y is not the house of someone powerful enough to shut you down.

If you really want to find out where it's coming from then you need to trace the supply line, as tedious as that may be.

For what it's worth I want this handled just as badly as you do, but it isn't going to be as cut and dry as any of us would like it to be.

And THAT is why The Master has been allowed unchecked for so long.
I agree with you on the point that no official WILL allow it, but someone SHOULD allow it. And if I knew where the gate was, I wouldn't feel the need to search every building...but even Pain Slice seemed to have trouble finding it, though how much of that was her own sick game, is anyone's guess.

Where the supply of wine is coming from is not nearly as important as the whereabouts of The Master, as he's the one controlling the production of the wine.

If The Master is the one controlling production and he's the one you want then I would think that tracing the wine back to it's source (hence, where it's produced) would be important. Destroy not only the person overseeing the production, but also the facilities in which the drink is produced. Also, finding the facilities would help in reverse engineering the concoction to develop something to "cure" or immunize people, or at least determine if that's even possible.

All well and good, but if my hunch is correct and it's his blood in the wine, how do you reverse engineer a vampire's vitae?
Don't take me wrong, Jack, I intend to find him and we defnitely should see if we can trace the shipments, you're very correct. I just have my doubts that that will lead to anything. But I'll do what I can, and your invaluable help is needed.

Vitae? You sound like some sort of mage now. Reverse engineering means figuring out how something is made. I haven't seen the wine yet, but I am assuming its more than just his blood in a bootle, other things are done. If we can figure out what, then we can figure out ways to counteract it. Counteracting blood is less difficult than you think, counteracting vampire blood will prove more of a challenge, but shouldn't be impossible.

Like the others I can't stress the importance of dealing with the wine first. The wine gives him control over people, is that correct? Then when he has angry mobs of controlled peasants he has a numbers advantage on us. These angry mobs are the same defenseless people you are always going on about protecting. Take away the wine, we take away the advantage. Trace the wine back to the source and we have goods odds of learning things about him that we can use to our advantage.

however, if you think you know where he is and want to just charge in blade first, I honestly wish you the absolute best. I certainly wouldn't complain if you just killed him outright, but I have my doubts we're gonna get that lucky.

Cerulean Jax;18480 said:
All well and good, but if my hunch is correct and it's his blood in the wine, how do you reverse engineer a vampire's vitae?
Don't take me wrong, Jack, I intend to find him and we defnitely should see if we can trace the shipments, you're very correct. I just have my doubts that that will lead to anything. But I'll do what I can, and your invaluable help is needed.

Cerulean Jax;18480 said:

Oh, it can be done. I might even know how. The wine isn't from here, I don't think. It is probably coming through that gate. I'm tracking it, as best I can. This 'Master,' too. So far it hasn't shown it's face, but that's not what I'm looking for anyways.

Either way, there's wine being made, regardless of who's behind it or what the ingredients are. That means a Winery and a Vinyard are involved. Find them.

~Kerjal

Well, I know where he first came from, though I don't know if that will help us at all.
I'll set onto looking for a Vinyard he may be using, but if he's as smart and as powerful as I think he is, the Vinyard likely won't even be on this plane.
Jack, I could use your help, and Vanyel too if he's around.

I have some suggestions, but I will not make them here. Contact me privately.

Cerulean Jax;18498 said:
Well, I know where he first came from, though I don't know if that will help us at all.

If you mean this 'Master' and you have better information then I do, please send it to me privately. I have heard some of the more common information, but I have recently disproven it.

Back