May 2023 FAVORITES!! "When the Levy Breaks"

KialdaLoa

Scholar
New Hampshire Staff
What an INCREDIBLE weekend!

I'll try to organize my thoughts over the next few days, but I wanna start with a HUGE thank you to everyone in this community! Staff, PCs, NPCs... the stories we tell and relationships we build and battles we win together... it's all so meaningful.

Love y'all and can't wait to hear your favs from this weekend!!!

Okay jk, I’m too excited and gotta get these shared before my brain gets full of other stuff this week!

First, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the personal plot engagement! Jeremy, Brian, everyone! Thank you! From hi-jacking Takahiro (and completely blathering details of her personal quest for the entire tavern to hear, just because she was so close she could TASTE IT, and she got too excited), to EXQUISITE roleplay with The Registrar (“I am going to ask Nikhujo a question… then I’m going to ask SUSIE a question…"), to *incredible* combat (thank you so much for hopping fence, Albert!!) and SO much lore about Gold Claw, oh my GOODNESS! (And all the consequential honor-driven concerns that are coming from this… hoo boy!)

I’ve never had so much personal stuff fleshed out on stage and I am extremely grateful for everything everyone put into it. I can hardly believe this stuff is happening. It’s almost surreal. It’s so deep in her backstory, I never thought anything like this would ever be possible. IG or OOG! Dang, it’s making me emotional!

Related: the PCs who jumped on board with this quest of hers so eagerly and kindly!
-Joshua has been such an MVP with his Cosmological, Metaphysical, Ritual-Problem-Solving shenanigans (including an obliterate over the winter?! WHAT??!), and all the on-stage RP about this quest has been SO on point. Thank you, JP. Thank you very very much!
-Meeting Tieran! And getting to hear him say “Rituals may have all the answers to the questions, but they *lead* to the *STABBING*, and THAT’S what solves the problem!” … Yes. A+. Facts. Plus, she finds out he has PARTICIPATED in a Fevboz Ded?! Okay. Welcome to Ukzwe Nikhujo’s team of approved-of individuals. You’re in. Lol.
-Kudos to Duorn as well, who has been a sounding board for her – even if he offended her by *offering* help. ::huff huff:: Hahaha.
-And Ky’Van! Adam, what a cool new character! Nikhujo really appreciated his cooperation and his idea-sharing throughout the whole weekend, it was neat to have that Scout-Respect-Vibe click so well so quick!

And then!! All the FRIENDSHIP lessons! Oh my goodness, when Tieran was talking to Takahiro about working with Baltessa, and Tieran literally had to start poking Ukzwe for her to understand he was making a point to her. AND JP! Don’t think I didn’t notice!! Josh HEARD HER say “It’s Lady Nikhujo, only friends call me Ukzwe…” AND THEN JOSH IMMEDIATELY STARTED CALLING HER UKZWE.

Sparring Tieran and his dinner-table-shield was an excellent experience, as well.

Sharing Gorban culture with Murdoc was both wonderful and uncomfortable, hahaha. I’m glad he got cleansed enough (as far as she could tell) that she could eat some of his liver. There was a sneaky level of fondness and a touch of grieving, there!

Training Flora!!! Ohmygoodness! OOG, incredible work, Marie, and A+ adjustments to experiment with angles and footwork and such, but IG?! This ELF is bringing out the Mama-Nikhujo training mode? Ngl that was a pretty special moment. And Ukzwe did start to feel better about how “soft” she was being when her pressure got the elf to PUT DOWN her BOW and pick up another sword!! Bwahaha, SUCCESS!

Finally, the number of “War Councils” we had this weekend… synthesizing ideas and bouncing stuff of each other so much… it really felt like a community effort. That’s really cool, guys. Maybe it’s just because Nikhujo is now in a place of being invested and getting REALLY pushy (because she’s getting something for herself out of saving this world, haha)… but I dunno. It just felt like a well-coordinated, thorough and thoughtful approach to this big bad dragon problem, and I really appreciated that.

I ALMOST FORGOT. ALARIK. AND YOUR MINT. Ahahahahah, when your life flashed before your eyes because you thought they may have all spilled… ohhh man. Everything about that ridiculous evening trapped in the tavern due to flooding rain was just so special. From antsy yoga (and subsequent threatening QJW), to the aforementioned mint fiasco, to the planning all sorts of war ideas, and lastly the stupid o’clock OOG story sharing. I’ve missed the later-nights of full weekends.

Love y’all so much! Can’t wait to play again!!!!

Thank you Cinderfel for a great event, despite the rainy evening on Saturday.
So, had lots of memorable moments this weekend.
Newly minted Baron and all that went along with that!
The line up of nobles making sure everyone got out. Everyone stepping out at the same time.
Having to rez and being offered the chance to return reborn as if I had been a native of this and. The crazily intense rp with Takehiro, the Ki Rin. Joshua jumping in to assist (after I had turned others back) when my spirit was being weakened through my own stubbornness, despite not wanting to risk the lives of others. And a successful outcome. Getting emotional realizing that these lands were home even before the completion of the spirit journey.
The troll mod, realizing we were asking something of a troll that even the dragon who brought us there didn't want to mess with. Having to be diplomatic to a very old troll for the safety of those who went with me and the betterment of the kingdom. Mike D roleplaying the immense perverse pleasure the troll was taking in the situation. But we were successful! Knowing I am never going to live this one down.
All the planning and scheming of ways to thwart, weaken, nullify or out right end this tantruming tyrant of snot. I had wanted to end the threat Levomire poses, now it is a personal goal to find ways to end him. Brian, you rp this one in a way that gets a visceral reaction out of Duorn, which is great fuel for me and my character.
Thank you staff and NPCs.

Last edited:
Back