May favored moments!

HalveElven

Its that time again! Please share those moments that you feel you can share that you really enjoyed from the event! I have a few that I will add a little later! :)

Loved every bit of it except when my legs just told me, "No Sunny, no more we are done."

-Had nice conversations at the Grandpa Chairs.
-Felt like a hero when I hid behind a couch as Mike Messmer and his crew died as we were late night snacking.
-Weather was weird but I enjoyed it.
-NPCs were awesome.
-I have bad memory but i do know i had an enjoyable time!

I loved so much about this game. It has always been really fun for me, but the efforts of plot to continually improve is very evident. I had to pass up so many opportunities to do things because there was just so much to do. Here are just a few highlights.

-Having my Barbarian battle buddies all weekend. Them plus Nyt and a couple others are some of the best roleplayers in the game and I am constantly challenged and improved getting to be around them. I'm thankful to have happened into the situations and relationships Valdyr has.

-The super creepy ambience and crawling mechanic of Trace's ghoul lair mod was one of the coolest mods I've been on. I loved that we had a big opportunity to miss things if we weren't paying careful attention, and it was effortless to be totally in the moment because of how it was set up. Great job doing a lot with a little Trace, and awesome job by Alis and Roberts keeping it from getting out of hand at the end by quietly dispatching of the rats like the professionals you are.

-I feel like Egil was undergoing serious negotiations with one of my characters for most of the day Saturday :) It must have been pretty grueling for Mike on top of baronial court, but it was so much fun for me.

-Feeling a rush of panic as I arrive at the tavern and see Alis by herself surrounded by some elementals and then realizing she was totally holding her own plus some, and then subsequently being rescued by her multiple times in the ensuing waves.

-I love my new Bloodtusk tribe. What a great group of guys. I was terrified that I would cause our mod to stall because I had no idea where it should go, but we got through it as a team and had a ton of fun doing it.

Least favorite moment:
-Cucumber game

Bloodtusk tribe- been excited for it for awhile and loved how perfect we all came together and looked.

Getting marked and all the crazy that's going to bring.

All the mods were fun and unique I just didn't want to stop despite how tired I was.

All the fun roleplay with new people and those I hadn't got the chance to before.

Great event, looking forward to next.

some of my favored moments. I am glad that the mods that I set in motion seemed to be well received. I am always glad to hear that

lots of good combat, mostly as an ogre.

Near the end of the ShatterStar Fight, Thorgrim is holding up the severed head of Shatterstar calling on the ogres to surender. instead of doing so I go after Thorgrim and drop him at the same time I go down. Dont wave the head of my leader or I try to do the same to you ^_^

facing off across from Jesse as Dargok, him asking if we would choose a new chieftain, responding with a challenge for being chief right there and having a short but vicious duel with minimal interference from the town.

The edged banter with Traces character during the loremasters meeting.

Working with all the NPCs and PC crossovers to get this all going and being able to have soo much going at the same time!

I know that there were more moments but I cant seem to bring them to mind right now.

NPCs can have favorite moments too, right?
Well, first and foremost was Rosemary. Thank you Sierra, David, Quinton, and especially Wulfric (sorry I don't know your name oog) for making that roleplay a blast! Honestly, that was probably my favorite character and I hope she makes a comeback soon.
Next was playing the hydra. Again, thanks are sent to Sierra and Josh for this. That was one heck of a monster. Really hope I get to play a head again in the near future.
Another one was playing the "starcrossed" actors. Thanks Josh for that amazing roleplay and sorry if my character "shot you down". It was hilarious to hear the feedback from the PCs saying they felt sorry for Josh since they thought we were "lovers". Awesome.
And finally, I really enjoyed playing as the alchemic goo. It was extremely hilarious to see people dragged away laughing while their friends were berserk.
Thanks for a great weekend guys! Hopefully we'll be able to return soon!

• Pre-game sound test: Keith Gold, "If you play Metallica, they will come. I heard 'Enter Sandman,' and I had to walk over here."
  • Vincent's pre-game fashion show as the Winter King -- wowee! (Thank you, Shane Proctor!)
  • Make-up improvements overall: I'm one of the people who previously self-described as largely unaffected by costume & make-up immersion, and even I noticed a favorable improvement of immersive feeling this weekend -- especially when looking a mask-wearer in the eyes. We made a conscious effort to step up our game backstage to keep things fair, and I have to say that I really noticed an improvement there. I'm glad we did it.
  • Cool make-up & costume shout out to new player Dawn: At Closing Ceremonies, out of costume and makeup, I was like, "Who is that person? I never saw her all weekend." D'oh when I realized! Your silver wig, costume and make-up were truly excellent theatrical presentation, great job!
  • Jax: Bold reaction to a challenging loss! The more I consider it, the higher you move up the Respect-o-Meter!
  • Ghoul cave exploration: All the players' patience with crawling and inactivity face-down while hiding from things bumping in the night. So very much appreciated the immediate feedback from every party after the adventures. Thank you for rolling with it!
  • Vincent as the cave spider in the 10:00 Saturday night run. When even the Marshal is intimidated by your scary performance, you know it's good!
  • How gentle and understanding Jesse and the Site Owner were when my use of smoke machines in the gym set off the smoke detectors and summoned the fire department on Saturday night. I am the reason we can't have nice things.
  • Getting to see the Northern Lights around 10:00 on Saturday! Wow! Then the Milky Way clear as a bell all night afterward.
  • Popping into the Mages Guild for an unexpected visit, with just the perfect audience I could've hoped for in that moment
  • The brilliance of PC creativity, listening to PC ideas and speculation over the civil war in Ducal Court
  • All the lovely compliments I received on Squire Alissayre's costume of kirtle and habit made by Leora, and with stunning embroidery and choice of household symbol done by Cassie
  • Owen Loats giving me advice about special effects use backstage - and he's right; had he been there with me, the fire department would never have been called out!
  • New Acarthia's welcome of three more PNPC groups within the Vysen competition, each so distinctive and flavorful!
  • Keith (again), showing me his handwritten notes after game, describing the slow-dawning realization of what the art letters spelled out....

I need look no further than setting a giant explosive in a ghoul lair. I had wondered what use traps were for PCs, and I have found at least one answer. It was awesome to run a line back through the cave and get to trigger it remotely. I was so worried I was gonna hit the line as I was crawling back and set it off and kill myself.

Thanks to all the NPCs, plot for setting that up, and to the other players who snuck in to watch our backs while the fox and I played with bombs!

Oh gosh. I don't know the best ways to properly describe what exactly made my weekend so amazing. I think the best description is that it's simply due to our community. This weekend was spectacular, in so many ways. I'm sure I lost count of how many times I told someone from plot or NPC camp just how amazing they'd all been this weekend. So let me see if I can delineate some of my highlights:

- I've NPCed for so long, but I've never really had many chances to do IG research into how people define the baronies, their principles, and their roles in the Kingdom. I had a lot of fun as my Juren this weekend, and I took so many notes from folks about what they thought each of the baronies stood for. OOG, this was hilarious, and ended with an IG moment of frustration shared with Baron Darius. This led to an interesting and fun conversation with Baron Darius and Baron Egil about all the baronies.
- Mevanwy getting a letter from her Father Balthazar... and Mac reading it to me in Logistics (so that we had Balthazar's tone and nuance with it.
- Just... being a Juren this weekend was fun. Playing a character so different from myself is hard sometimes, but I'm loving it.
- Somehow getting told by Mevanwy's father that she's been placed in charge in the absence of both Balthazar and Proxar Zakiyah. OOG, I thought this was hilarious, because IG Mevanwy was going OH **** OH **** OH ****
- Mevanwy loved hearing Orsolya's perspective on things when they were all at the Healer's Guild meeting on Friday. Orsolya had some great questions, and her idea of community and how she thought the healers' guild should work sparked a fire in Mevanwy about what she wanted to bring to others as a healer. She worked through that a lot this weekend.
- There was a fun conversation with Alis about the Healers Guild. #snark is fun.
- The Juren experiencing their first Fae... a satyr... who was trying to obtain both playthings and a champion for the Trial of Kings. We had a lot of fun asking about Fae and why they were bad, what they wee about ETC.
- Watching the challenge play out between Izual's team and Kendrick's team. Leaning up against the balcony while Hoshi and Tevas taught Mevanwy about strategy and how each team's strategy worked for and against them was really fun.
- Mevanwy was SUPER impressed by Knox's skill, as shown in that same challenge. 4 v 1? Yeesh!
- My shift as a stone elemental during the wave fight in the tavern was really fun! I was such a tiny NPC, but would often catch PCs after a bigger elemental shoved heavier damage in, and I'd get the killing blow with my "10 Elemental Stone" or whatever. She felt super powerful even though she'd die in like 1-2 hits once people actually got to her.
- I liked the ambiance built by the tarot cards reshuffling themselves into a specific layout, and all the play that came from trying to decipher it!
- Walking up on a talk where I hear someone asking Peat "So, do you have a bush?" to which she answers "Why yes I do! Are you by chance an herbivore?" .... which completely broke me! I then realized they were teaching Hoshi about masturbation or something? Mevanwy came up on this super late. But then having someone explain how horses masturbate turned into a bedtime story for Hoshi before her nap. It was great!
- Later, I walked up on Lagarde trying to teach Hoshi how to flirt. Seemingly unrelated, Maki (the Stone Elf) comes up and offers some of their meat to us (leftover meat snacks from the Juren Philosophy Hour). We start chuckling, and then have to explain to Hoshi how "meat" is a euphemism for male genitalia. And then Maki sits down and offers us some pickles (also leftovers), and Mevanwy laughs as Lagarde Facepalms
- Cloven Cucumber! Some highlights: Lagarde being made to ACTUALLY kiss Baron Darius' ***, based on how that Cloven Cucumber round played out... Lagarde and Aikoll's rejected faces as they are BOTH rejected by Squire Noah; Mezeikim's squeeing whenever she kisses someone; Somehow kissing no less than five other players, wondering how the hell this is happening on my Juren vs my MWE; Watching the STONE elf (Maki) get picked by Peat; Most of the Wylderkin-to-Wylderkin kisses, because they were ridiculously adorable with the masks
- Being the sober one made to hold the bomb because everyone was intoxicated and trying to do stupid **** with a BOMB! xD
- Being taunted by Lagarde about whether or not I was letting Hoshi die on my watch, lol!
- The ambiance built by the Ghoul Cave mod. It definitely set a nice stage! Good on you, Trace!
- The Water Balloons with Owen, and Jeff getting wet.
- WHY DID JEFF HAVE TO MAKE US CRY, CRADLING THAT LIMP BODY IN FRONT OF THE TAVERN RIGHT AS WE WERE WALKING UP BEFORE CLOSING CEREMONIES?! OUCH!
- In general, playing a character who is so new and yet so very not new. I was able to ask so many questions and learn so much about Acarthia as Mevanwy!

It feels like a copout to say "the entire game", but holy crap plot team. I must once again (with pleasure) throw HUGE kudos your way because I really thought nothing could top April's game, and I was wrong. I was utterly ASTONISHED at the sheer amount of stuff going on, and with such a small-ish NPC team, too! There were mod-cards -everywhere-!!! Even I could see them (that never happens).

Favorite moments (these are not in order of occurrence) :
*Ghoul's lair: Oh my gosh! What genuine terror and nerve-wracking exploration! I kept looking around trying to spot the evil and literally couldn't do it. There was so much scary and precaution that needed to be taken, and right at the start of game, too! Nice job, Trace.
*Alis The Mighty: This never happens, ever. My character NEVER gets to be the one charging recklessly into battle and murdering things. What a fun, delightful change of pace. Even if it led to brief memory loss.
*Speaking of memory loss, I really got a good cackle when Valdyr asked Alis if she was alright and she goes, "...-Who- are you?" And he just goes. "...What?" And the look of dawning horror on his face was -epic-. Tee hee. Such mischief.
*PUNCH FIGHTING!!!
*Tiny Freeman Council and the ensuing, quiet havoc. I look forward to the future political RP and chaos this will undoubtedly bring.
*That moment when Jesse hands you a set of claws and a rat mask with a ****-eating grin on his face and all you can think is "fuuuuuuuuuuck".
*The look on Valdyr's face when he realized it was, in fact, the healing no-longer-pacifist that just ran stupidly into battle to save his butt.
*Getting to actually use my profession via plot not once, but TWICE in one game. :D
*The peace and gratitude that comes from burying a disturbed body, and the raven that appeared after (thank you, Jeff!! Made my WHOLE day. <3 )
*Creeping out an actual necromancer by looking like an actual necromancer.
*Right place, right time (Alis was the only one with Destruction to help the NPC, yay!)
*Valdyr's discomfort when Alis LITERALLY forced him to take the cloven cucumber just so she wouldn't have to have it anymore. XD

I'm going toss in a few while they are fresh... I'll try to come back and do more.
  • Ghoul Time on Friday night was really fun... I think (hope) we scared the kilts off some players and I also hope we didn't scare new(er) players too much. It was by accident that they were the first ones we came upon.
  • Taking Thorgrims Shield as the Hounds of Childao.
  • Encouraging my son to set things on fire...
  • The Shatterstar Ogre fight. So much great fighting in that battle. Later my knee told me that I had jumped around like a madman.
  • Playing a Conjoined Construct with Ian on Saturday night. (But... I sure hope the players had fun there... not quite sure).
  • Being a sketchy dude on Sunday morning.
  • Seeing the first Town Battle I've ever written come to fruition. (curing Orcs while Ogres hurl "Tuskblight Trigger" bombs).
  • Ambushing players and yanking on their heartstrings on the way to the closing ceremonies... Owen and I were both teary-eyed by the end of it too.

I had an absolute blast of an event, there was so much going on all the time and I felt like I had the perfect mix of combat and roleplay. A huge thank you to the plot team, you've absolutely blown me away this event and the sheer amount of effort that must have gone in is incredible. An equally huge thank you to the NPCs, old and new for being incredible role players this event. It was wonderful. Anyway, here's some event highlights:

• I've never met Jack Frost before, but Vincent's portrayal was incredible. The only way to describe him as a character was icy, and I was on edge every time he spoke to me.
  • Chess! NPC whose name I don't know, thank you so much for playing with me! Percy has never had a one on one conversation with a fae before but it was just as tricky and devious as I had been told.
  • The arrival of the Upstart. The moment she rifted in Baron Osborne whispered in my ear "Do not show her any emotion". Hoooly ****, such a vivid moment in my mind and made the tension so much stronger.
  • Oh look purple light! Lets go touch it! Spell Strike Prison! Oh ****, never mind.
  • Howlbears! Howlbears! Howlbears! Howlbears! Aww look at them eating the cinnamon ro- oh it's attacking Peat. Oh it's eating Fynn.
  • I'm going to the tavern for the loremasters meeting, does anyone want to come? "No thanks, we're going to go get ambushed." ...Okay.
  • Baron Darius; "Your plan... is to get them drunk?" Yes. "I think you've been spending too much time with Peat Moss".
  • Muffin! Always there in the nick of time.
  • "Is.. Is that a cucumber?"
  • The Coven. The small cottage in the middle of nowhere was perfect. I find typically find it difficult to immerse myself in a lot of the landscape, but the setting for this mod was just perfect.
  • Finally, getting to play Brian Blessed the Stone Elemental. Every once and a while I get handed an NPC that I really get to stretch my legs on. This NPC was less of a leg stretch and more of a sprint into a wall. After the stint, I went and laid down for two hours and drank about a gallon of water to soothe my throat. Thank you to everyone who I got to roleplay with. And thank you Lagarde for dropping poor Kika through a hole in the floor, my sides were in agony. I hope I can return to shout at you all some more <3
So many other highlights to this event I wish I could name them all. I had an incredible event and I'm very sad to be missing June, but I know Plot will roll out some more incredible moments for everyone. Thank you all again for a wonderful event!

I'm going toss in a few while they are fresh... I'll try to come back and do more.
  • Seeing the first Town Battle I've ever written come to fruition. (curing Orcs while Ogres hurl "Tuskblight Trigger" bombs).

I really liked that battle! And the "AGGRO SWITCH" battle. though that battle (late Saturday night) was really hard and often times frustrating, it was unique!

What a spectacular game! I had so so so so so so so much fun with the whole thing, from friday lay-on there was always something happening even right up until closing ceremonies! This will not be a comprehensive list of my favorite moments, just the ones I can think of now :)

• Satyr meeting the Juren! What very fun roleplay, the Juren have turned out to be such a diverse and interesting group, i'm glad they've made it to New Acarthia :)
  • Messing around with the mirror Friday evening! Everyone else is too risk-averse :)
  • Immediately after the fight, hearing the call for help in the tavern. I run in and IMMEDIATELY get paralyzed and killed, absolutely terrifying, great work there NPCs!
  • Saturday Morning Howlbears! Not what I expected to see come stumbling up to our small group in the morning. I'm glad they enjoyed the cinnamon rolls, but sad that it did not sate their hunger. At least they didn't finish eating Fynn! Once again, spectacular NPC work here :)
  • Hearing about the tribe possibly looking for me, and people having my back that I didn't expect!
  • Getting to run my petrified forest mod and wave battle! Thank you SO MUCH to the PCs who switched to NPC with me, and the tireless NPCs that I made run all around the site for that battle. Everyone did an amazing job in making my imagined story happen!!
  • On that note, Doug Dexter once again has impressed everyone with his fantastic roleplay! He immediately understood what I wanted from him for the stone elemental, and brought it to life in such a vivid manner.
  • Immediately after running around a ton coordinating the wave battle, I get back into PC-land and get pulled into 4v4 battles. Extremely tiring, but very very fun! Especially gloating after the first win :). Extremely fun mod!!
  • Got to cast my first formal scroll! I didn't have all of my personal ritual materials with me this event, so it wasn't a fancy ritual or anything, but still very exciting to be able to do nonetheless.
  • The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park! The Park!
  • Trace's Ghoul Lair mod! SUCH amazing ambiance, SUCH a unique layout requiring interesting tactics from our side. Hands down the best mod of the event, really quite amazing.
  • On top of that, getting to see the northern lights right before such an amazing mod! Just a super cool time all around.
I'm sure there's many more things i'm forgetting, because this event was just FULL of interesting things!! So much fun, I had such a great time. Thank you, tireless NPCs and plot and staff for putting on an amazing event!!!!

So good to be at game again after more than 6 months off for me. I meant to do so much more exploring of the new site but I always seemed busy, even though I don't know that I got much done. I'm still trying to reconstruct my weekend, but wanted to toss a few of these up before I forgot about them again.
  • Dia's Fae on Friday night. The bodywork as she moved around the town hall, and little personal details in her banter with the PCs, made it really enjoyable to observe and be a part of.
  • Getting to poke a magic mirror and bring terrifying, nearly-town-wiping horrors down on us all.
  • The blue cards. Gave me a good reason to stretch my legs, and I wasn't expecting to find something there to now follow up on.
  • Interacting with two different Visyn clans. Especially Liz's blood-curdling scream when her monster awoke with no hands.
  • Sitting around a full table with a varied bunch of others on Saturday night in the town hall drinking, shooting the ****, and telling stories. Just felt right to be there. Plus Hoshi booped her own snoot!
  • Ghoul cavern. Fantastic setting of the scene, giving us something very different. First time in... a while? ever? that I felt the weight of the team on my shoulders, and I didn't screw anything up until the very end when it didn't really matter anymore!
  • Jeff and his son right before closing. I had to walk away as soon as he wailed something along the lines of, "He's been like this for an hour! Make him disappear and come back in your circle!" Really hit me in a spot that wasn't nearly as vulnerable a year ago and I was not prepared. But I like it, and plan to use it for Fynn.
My floon was pretty low after missing the first couple events, but I gotta say it's good to be back for another season.

This game felt so full and enjoyable even to my sleep deprived mind and body.

As Izual:

• Having a discussion with Dia's Fae, she did sinister so well.
  • Get totally shocked by seeing a Stone Elf and a bunch of strangers walking outside, notice the murder in Nyt's eyes, and decide to at least see if I can confirm it's homeland. The RP that ensued was amazing and I walked away from it wanting to throttle the abrasive Panda more than the Stone Elf.
  • Orsolya's comments in the healers guild, identifying all the issues we were currently pressing the healers guild leadership to change. It felt even more justified when identified by an outsider.
  • Getting to own my own mistakes and make a meaningful apology.
  • Getting so much flack for finally trying to focus on me and doing things for myself rather than for greater goals, I can't wait to see what path this leads me down.
  • Returning to Scrag, and finally being able to free him and fix the petrified forest, only to trigger a huge town battle. Kudos to Doug for being amazing in the role! Also enjoyed playing with the guilt of causing so many innocent people harm by my own actions.
  • The Stone Mark Test, learning I'm damn good at picking a team, but probably a bit (read way too) overconfident.
  • Sparing before dinner with Tevas was great fun and a challenge.
  • Seeing Owen's accuracy with water balloons, can't wait till he gets to put those skills to use as his own character.
  • Dame Arikaya's duel with the Serpent dude.
  • All the feels from Jeff's kyn's heart break over his permed son, and having to force myself not to show those feelings since that's not how Izual would react.
NPC Shift Fun

• Orcing around and messing with all the players we encountered was a bunch of fun.
  • Late Night Crunchies with Chris, Billy and a NPC who I just can't recall their name :(, making all the players waste so many poison shields but being rolled so many times while we really enjoyed the ambiance (the Aurora Borealis and the shooting stars).
  • The follow up where Billy and I went out and got to have even more fun, first walking into Cabin one just to catch folks from Bayenna snacking on Brook's baked goods, and being completely not prepaired for us to jump them. Last pop of the night we assualt the town hall. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I decided to move fast. I didn't expect to be able to land a blow with so many PCs in the town hall but I managed to get some hits in on Grunt, and even survived getting away and being able to beat down Noah who was on the other end of the room.
  • Pushing the town to their limit with a very difficult fight.

I may not have fully recovered yet, but I should get these down before I forget anything. Fabulous event, and the fact that 3 days later I'm still in pain and exhausted says a lot. :)

Super-awesome stuff I loved:
  • Ninja ghouls. I screamed like a small child when they pounced in the tavern and I realized there were about 8 bodies around me. Yay for panic reactions!
  • Scrag was amazing. So over the top. Such a big personality. And then I dropped the stone that weighed 500lbs through a tiiiiny crack in the porch, while everyone stared with that "he did not just do that" look. Thank you Doug for a scene where I ended up laughing until I hurt myself.
  • Dani as Orsolya. While we didn't necessarily click, it was amazing to see this new character and...kind of...maybe...instigate some conflict between Orsolya and another PC.
  • Mandi as Hoshi. I will bring crayons next time. I'm impressed when someone can embarrass both Lagarde and his player, rather than just one or the other. ^_^
  • Mevanwy...just causing trouble.
  • Drunken playing with bombs. Why don't people trust me?!?
  • All the traps/bombs. Had a blast (*cough*) playing with it all.
  • The ghoul layer was amazing. Kudos to anyone involved in setup/creation of that mod. My neck hates me for laying on the ground twisted in weird positions to see the wires, but it was worth it.
  • Stone trial with Izual. While that didn't go as planned, that was a lot of fun and one helluva challenge.
  • Harassing Derek's ogres. Sorry, no, you can't have weapons.
  • Tag-teaming with Roberts. Yay for sneaky buddies!
  • Goats...and all the rumors about what was done with them, vs the reality of where they are now. :D
Less than awesome:
  • Learning that it's literally impossible to play the cloven [whatever] game--aiming for cheek or otherwise--in a mask. Headbutting ftw!

Last edited:
Wow, what a great event. I am sure I am forgetting some things but I'll do my best.

• The Fae court chaos and the interactions with various Fae on friday night. Up until the past couple of games I have thought the fae are way too happy, pretty, sex crazed, not so scary monsters. Between Vincent's icy aloof Jack Frost, Dia's creepy conniving spider, Jack's flamboyant Angel, Taylor's Satyr, and Quentin's human turned Fae Tybalt, I think we got a much more diverse interesting group of Fae than we have ever been presented before. Thorgrim wants nothing to do with the Fae but has been forced into this conflict, and it's forcing him to try to solve problems in ways other than just hitting them until they fall over, which is great for his character development.
  • Order elementals showing up for my shield. It was totally unexpected and 3 spell strike prisons later I knew I was fucked. The riders showing up subsequently and the letter that they left him have Thorgrim more confused than ever. Clearly ******* with time is a bad idea.
  • Messing around with Doomwing's mirror and unleashing terrible evils is always fun (more on these to follow)
  • Enjoyed the Catherine Zeta Jones tripwire challenge for the loremasters guild mod. I am glad we had someone more qualified than I to navigate the obstacle but it was an interesting new challenge I haven't seen before.
  • Enjoyed having the chess boards at the tavern and my game with Tybalt. Thorgrim isn't sure what to make of a Fae that seems generous and wants to help, clearly something terrible must be planned.
  • Speaking of the tavern, very glad that we have booze available once again IP and I thought the decorations and such made immersion much better.
  • Secret negotiations with Prince Malidor of the Iron Beard clan. Can't say much more but I can't wait to see what the fallout of this will be.
  • Shatterstar! It was strange having a nemesis you have never met before, but Thorgrim has been itching for that fight for a while. I really enjoyed a fight where I could just throw caution to the wind and keep charging in with no concern for my life or well being. Ian and Bria did a great job, it was a hell of a challenge, and I thought it was only fitting that Shatterstar and Thorgrim dropped each other at the same time.
  • Saturday night fight with the mirror creatures was awesome. Had a great moment with Tevas when almost everyone else in our cabin was dead, we were behind the ward and it started to flicker as the monsters messed with it. I told Tevas "It will be an honor fighting with you and dying by your side" as we stood ready for the ward to fall and to die fighting before they left. The subsequent fight on the road was awesome. I love fights where we have to adjust tactics and fight smart or die. Loving the higher difficulty in some of these big fights!
  • Getting drunk as hell off of intoxicates, Fae grapes and muffins in the tavern. Finally got to play some fist to the face with Tevas. There was some great role play with everyone up at the tavern, and good camaraderie with other players I haven't interacted with much before.
  • It was nice to take a break from Thorgrim on Sunday and get a bit of NPC'ing in. I am glad I got to play Dargok's shaman again, though I feel I was kind of sub par with my spell casting that fight as I've been out of practice since last season. Still was fun role play, and it's interesting to see the shift in opinions on Dargok.

Biggest regret? Missing the ghoul lair mods! I've heard so many great things I am sad to have missed them.

Thank you to the NPCs, Plot, and Staff for a fantastic game. My only complaint is it was too awesome and I am still sore several days later :)
  • The Look - I had a fantastic time showing off the new looks. Thanks to Leora for her fantastic look. If you ever want to look like Belswin (and who doesn't), talk to your local crafters they are amazing. Belswin wears Leora, Will, Zach, and Trace. Let me know if you need more info. Also I love dress people up so if you ever need to borrow something let me know. Just ask the former Winter King :)
  • While everybody else was playing with the mirror, I stepped into the mage circle saying a extra level of protection couldn't hurt and getting the node of "smart" from Jesse.
  • Josh's Owlbear and being the only person that could hurt it. Hoshi moving in front of me and protecting me while I unload charge after charge of my wand into him. I felt useful.
  • Rivervale snackietime.
  • Early morning walk about with Squire Kendrick, and Dame Arikaya, great conversation and fantastic company.
  • Owen's Fire Shard was amazing, turned a boring 1:1 RP encounter to a fun encounter for the whole team as he tried to burn our team down.
  • Playing a former dryad turned stone elemental who's only goal in life was to show as many PCs how the new spell destruction works by giving it to everybody.
  • Saving Squire Noah and coming to term with the fact that Belswin was a bad *** when he unloads his entire tree on something.
    • "Explaining" to Squire Noah in a very loud and angry voice how very Very VERY wrong it was to wonder off with Orcs by himself alone without any back up.
  • Bloodtusk Rule - Hello Gillian!!!!!
  • Flying Space Monkey Ninja Awesome Kitten Greatness Captain Roberts. I wish I could explain more.
  • As Darius and I are trapped in ward and the second mirror monsters are trying to get in, looking at Darius and realizing we can both Spirit Recall and run if necessary and still being scared as **** as we are going to have to Rez 20+ people without anybody knowing.
  • Being the first person to take down a monster during the second mirror fight (sorry Izzy).
  • Talking with Squire Noah about the "explaining" above while we were both in our bunks and coming to an mutually understanding about what we were both thinking.
  • Thanks to Squire Kendrick, realizing how close the F brothers were to getting the entire Treasure Bag and maybe I needed to be more careful.
  • Driving home feeling full of awesomeness that is LARPing.
I am sorry that I didn't get to do a ghoul mod, I heard so much awesomeness about it.

Thanks again everybody. ~Shane(Belswin)

Last edited:
Back