May favs

My favs,

Werewolves
Fae/Barbarian battle royale
Skylar Tower battle
Anything Jesse's Hobbling said

there's probably more, but im at work and shouldnt be typing this.

see you all in July

ATM 7^4

Ben/Sir Wynn came home with such GLORIOUS tales of the event that I sat up listening half the night, clutching my side with laughter and finding whole new levels of amazement... I'm so sad I had to miss it, and knowing you guys, I believe it all, except... Is Ben pulling my leg, or did someone REALLY ward the outhouse?

no it really happend some one really did ward an out house, i saw it.

Okay after a long day at beach relaxing I am ready to post some awesome favorites.

1. Being there this weekend with pretty my the entire team. It was awesome walking about with that many people.
2. Town battle! Friday it was like a chain reaction when Ator attacked the faye in the tavern. But just as I was about the hit the person in front of me for hitting Grall, the Justicar yelled to stop.
3. Learning evaluate item from Mark. It was good role playing since no one as every asked him ever to teach that skill.
4. Craig reminding me that years ago I stole an item from someone and then sold it back to them. It took me a while to remember that I actually did it ... and how awesome it was that I did do that.
5. Getting a chance to be a **** to people. I love it and can only really do it at nero so I can I can't wait until next event.
6. WERETOR!! After it happened we were all psyched but Ryan who hates werewolves.
7. All Barbarian plot. Ray and Sean do an awesome job as their characters.
8. Red Cap fight. Watching my team take them on was awesome. Then watching the epic battle between Shane and Gary was even better. Then all the RP that followed with everyone trying to get the page from us.
9. Being everyone's wing man and trying to talk them up to the ladies that were going to our party that never happened.
10. Little pup. Taking Vry under our wing so we could show him how to be a barbarian. Then giving him a magic sword so he could help fight the Pantherghast. Ithica and I were yelling at him ways to fight as we watched. Side note I saw that his user name is Vry_young_pup that is the hottness.
11. The final battle. It was funny to watch Jamie be Jack and have to fight a Giant. Also going into that thing knowing most the healers I talked to only had cure lights left.

It was a great weekend. Dan and Stacey did an awesome job writing this weekend. I will be in Las Vegas for the next event so I can't wait to see you all again in August.

Utieties said:
7. All Barbarian plot. Ray and Sean do an awesome job as their characters.
8. Red Cap fight. Watching my team take them on was awesome. Then watching the epic battle between Shane and Gary was even better. Then all the RP that followed with everyone trying to get the page from us.
9. Being everyone's wing man and trying to talk them up to the ladies that were going to our party that never happened.
10. Little pup. Taking Vry under our wing so we could show him how to be a barbarian. Then giving him a magic sword so he could help fight the Pantherghast. Ithica and I were yelling at him ways to fight as we watched. Side note I saw that his user name is Vry_young_pup that is the hottness.
11. The final battle. It was funny to watch Jamie be Jack and have to fight a Giant. Also going into that thing knowing most the healers I talked to only had cure lights left.August
Quoted for truth. :D What also made the final battle fun was that all (most) of the Barbarians just got wasted and were beating up on Wolf when we rifted out.

I had a lot of fun being part of the Barbarians. I'm really glad I decided to be one.

Also, the Red Cap fight was the best.

I'm not going to post a list, but will instead post as favorites come to me. So I'll probably end up posting many times in this thread.

The two teams -- experienced and inexperienced -- are preparing for the awesome Meat Grinder module on Saturday evening. Justicar Crowe informs us that Team Inexperienced has no life spells or life items. I call Ansgar over and give him one of my magic items: a playing card that activates life 2/d. Then I realize that Keely has most of our Life spells.

Ator: "Keely, I'm going to give you this (cloak death item) again..."
As Keely takes the card from Ator with the Justicar watching, Sean calls a hold. "I'm sorry Shane... Come over here for a minute."
Shane: "Uh, okay... Wait -- you know this is my magic item and not some fae plot item, right? Like... I've had this for a while. It's not--"

Shane gets interrupted and handed claws, told his new stats. Shane is very confused, then proceeds to transform and get beat down by the nobles and their spells. [Stupid Command effects!]

We discover that Ator and Keely can not touch each other ever again, and Nicodemus and his much smaller column become Ator's personal healer. While preparing to be rifted into the Chaos Rift-Thingie, we decide that the curse can quite possibly be the greatest Secret Weapon ever.

Half an hour later, six freshly-logisted, high level characters are tapped out of most skills and spells, and still fighting a multi-NPC ooze. Every 8 points of damage swung by a segment could easily drop both Grog and myself. Lord Orin yells down to us about possibly USING the curse, and Keely asks me if I'm comfortable using "the Secret Weapon."

"This is the stupidest idea ever. Let's do it."

Everyone but Keely, KC, and Ator run upstairs and prepare to rift out. Keely and KC get behind me. Keely slaps her hand on my back and, as I'm transforming, KC prisons the two of them. Unaffected by the ooze's attacks, Ator wades through all but the central caster portion of the monster, which has Shunned him. He turns and heads toward Keely and KC. Sleep spell, sleep spell. Ator is down. KC finishes off the ooze and the place starts to crumble.

Coolest module ending ever. :)

Got another one already:

Toddy and I deciding that the Vanguard is basically the Deadlands equivalent of NWO Wolf Pack.

For the record, I get to be Kevin Nash.

This is going to be, well short. Stupid common cold making me be adult and know when its time to go get medical attention. Turns out a double ear infection and a nasty sinus infection are enough to make even me go home.

Worst APL 10 mod group ever. Is it bad when the big healers and big fighters are both the same people?

Rampant confusion with bone golams and undead. Yep, how to blow spells in a hurry.

"I am needed? I LOVE being needed!"

And almost having a good experience when fey are involved. Almost.

1) Giving the unborn Fire Kin to Figment. Seeing her RP with "Ember" after she is born.

2) The Elf mod, taking the prisoners back and the mad dash for the portal. Mike Hynes, in particular.... impressive.

3) The RP with Figment's group. Jesse's character being "cheeky", and Ray's character Jack being quite frank. Funny, and one of the most interesting RP moments I've had in a long time. On that same note, being fortunate enough to have a skull mask on while my face went red with embarrassment.

4) Jesse's rendition of the heroic deeds of certain adventures while raiding Skylar's Keep.

5) Hearing about the PC on PC battle that almost broke out in the tavern. Awesome job on being true to your characters, everyone.

6) The raid on Skylar's Keep. I never like having to rez PCs, but the battle was intense, the RP from both resurrections was excellent. Jaimi and the Sarr lady (sorry I don't recall your OOG name), excellent job, both of you.

7) Seeing Dim, Jeff and George again. Christ I've missed you guys!

8) Swearing Wynn into the Order of the Harvest.

9) The meat grinder mod, and the ridiculously sketchy/brilliant ending. Stacey, Shane. EXPECT BAD THINGS IF YOU TRY THAT AGAIN!!!!! :)

10) Seeing the Sons of Caryth run out of the tavern with what looked like a couch cushion. After someone yelling "get them", seeing the PCs (without questioning why) chase the group down and kill them. NPC's, your mad dash was so shifty and ridiculous that I found myself laughing about it when I was getting dressed this morning (simply from looking at a couch).

11) The cross chapter plot with NJ. I can't wait to hear what Brian B. and Rock Star Sean report back to me.

That's all I can think of for now.

Dan and Stacey thank you. I'm proud to have you on my staff, truly.

Gary

Hanging with a group of guys, that so long ago majority of them IRL hated me, and me them in return. But now all together and woopin arse.

Trying to remain honorable and noble ( despite the company i travel with), Hence asking the Skald to heal the red cap after his duel (explaining to him my apologies if it offends but no duel to death was discussed) Offering myself for Leeloo (spelling?). Toughest decision came, on the evacuation of the keep on saturday night. Everyone is gone, I lean down to search a monster and it happens to be a pc (Colin?), That Ithica really dislikes (over something that happened years and years ago).. But still yelling for someone to come help and heal him, simply doing the right thing and not leaving him behind or worse....

The best of 5 combat rounds, with the red cap and mwe's. After the page was taken by Ator and people wanted it. "I didn't see any of you heroes step up to fight a round or 2 for the book page"

Feaver Grey mod. Realizing people were f*cked with his arcane channeling. And parlaying a bit, which allowed me to use a potion to heal one of the downed pc's without encuring the wrath of Feavergey. "BTW compensation of my shield?" and the smirk that followed.

Getting attacked by Pc's a lot all weekend. Quite a few people got some shots in on me, with a quick Sorry afterwards "we didnt know it was you" I think people are trying to kill me....

Saturday night dinner with some cool peeps, Me and Josh sharing some RL stories, and the laughs that encured from all.

Pep talking Sir Wynn, I hope he heads some advice and my words meant something.

The rp from a lot of people, i really enjoyed it. The good and bad.

Vri, Little pup. I loved handing this guy my magic sword and telling him to go wreck house, while standing 10 feet from him with a cure light. I feel bad for the nickname. Shane said "Toddy poor guy is gonna be like lvl 20 one day and people are gonna call him little pup"

Rays Mumra NPC guys

Jesse's hobling and his story telling, Thinking I was going to attack Rays PC but then he walks up to apologize and I think honesty feels and knows he offended Ithica.

Wolfpack, and our wolf pack signal. lol

"Thats some of that bull sh%T right there"

"I call upon the Earf to cure light wounds..."

"Ladies"

Late night laughs

Having Josh back playing (Uzzio)

And again, hanging with Vanguard boys.

-Toddy

It's been a long time since I attended a nero event, and I want to start out by thanking everyone for making my return so absolutely amazing. I'm not all that big on pre-ambles, so here are some of my favorite things from this past weekend:

Out of Game, just seeing so many old friends after five years. I would list you all, but that would take more than a few pages. Much love people, and a special thanks to Gary for forcing me to come back.

In-Game, all of the Vansir vs. Fey/Mystic Wood Elf conflict that filled the weekend with so much tension and drama. I've always been a big fan of player driven plot, and so much of this weekend happened because players rp'ed their characters with real dedication and intensity. The Plot team threw out a seed and the players that really nourished it into a full story this weekend. In-game tensions ran high, but man it was fun. Very impressive guys.

The Chaos cloud grinder mod.... Being Ator's dedicated caster as a level 16 earth templar.... the rp that occured within that group and as a result.... and of course, being there as they unleashed the secret weapon :)

Hearing a certain half ogre admit that just maybe Nicodemus wasn't all bad by the end of the weekend.

Meeting so many awesome new people. Especially the rp with Nic's new buddy Naadarin.

Seeing Mike Hines back as Elderman again.... We barely spoke ig all weekend, and for obvious reasons to those in the know, but instead cast sideways glances all weekend long waiting for the other to say something first.... I love subtle rp ;)

And I think I'll end there for now. The whole weekend was incredible, and I hope I'll join you all again soon when life permits.

Much love,
Nicodemus

First i want to say thanks to everyone. i hadn't played a larp in 5 years and had never played nero alliance. you guys are great. the role play i saw and was part of was so much fun. It is hard to pick out favorite moments it was all one big pile of fun. of course i ramble so two moments come to mind. first the role play i hade with rothgar both before and after the big flotting undead grind moduale. the other moment being sunday morning i have not laughed that hard in a long time.
best qoute of the weekend came frome rothgar that morning
" You can come to north fortress and eat flamming stag that will destroy your mouth or you can go to Caldaria and have punch with pooh in it"

any way thank you all for bringing my return to larping a blast and look forward to much much more

First off I would like to say this was a great event, and Dan and Stacy should be very proud. There was a lot of Pc created plot as well.

So in no particular order my faves:

All things Elmwise. I was told 'hey we'd like you to play this Fae.' I of course said sure then I saw that he was everywhere in the writeup. I was worried that pc's might get a little annoyed with him but I Loved roleplaying a 'slightly off' fae fixer/maker of stuff. "I make everything but excuses", "Grumpy lumps"

All things Thomas, farmer of dirt and rocks. Aged 9 and 3/4 and already building a posse...

Coming out of the tavern only to see Wynn desperately trying to do something knightly and offical only to interrupt by telling him I had a theme song and BEn's reaction was priceless when I blurted out- 'Saving your life with two grilled cheese samiches... Thomas' I walked over to Medb and said hey I have a theme song and repeated it only to have her add- 'YEEEE_AHHHHHH' to the end. Then repeateing it often. Always brings a grin.

All things Malachide. I love being a RP baddy. It makes me so very happy. Also having one of my very best friends (who happens to be a hell of a good fighter) as a remote control monster is cool. I hope every one liked the combat with us. I love rp in the middle of a battle and apparently so do some of you.

The Gypsy pirate captain Soran Maurau and the Body mod. Scary as a npc.

Sean, Doug, I believe Kelly was there as well perhaps one more npc and I walk out of monster camp. Sean and I are just about to do the Void town encounter so we both are malachided up... I start singing 'My body, my body- My body and me we're the best friends that can be..." overtired-ness can be dangerous folks to your mental health.

Shawn Glancey explaining to a female pc that she doesn't know what it is like to grow up as a little boy as he is wagging a hotdog back and forth by one end in the air to emphasize his words.

All things Thean

The Shard of the Elemental plane of Chaos. Scary and fun... Weretor. he needs a name.

I love you all. This game was so much fun

Coming back after a 2.5 year break was fun and tougher than expected.

Some quick favs.

1. The Vanguard and all the **** we talked about for hours long after we should have passed out.
2. Getting into PC v PC combat within 2 hours of being in game.
3. Trying to destroy the fae book.
4. Walking away from the Doomicorn battle because it wasn't our problem.
5. The construct wave battle.
6. Skylar's tower.
7. Dinner saturday night. Someone please send an NPC to try and sell Uzio a watch, don't ask.
8. Vansir v Fae battle for the page.
9. Naming WereTor
10. Jesse's hobling Avery.
11. Taking intoxicants with half my team minutes before being rifted out for the final wave battle.

Thank you staff and NPCs for a fun weekend, you guys did a great job.

--Kevin

I had a great time, even if it was just for one day.

Here are a few of my favs:

* Quickly trying to justify how I am able to play cards while not being able to read.
* Trying to sell "an indestructible necklace".
* Being "cursed" to Eat and Drink a lot.
* Being forced to play a front-line fighter for a mod.
* Saying, "Hey, I dropped some coins around here on the ground. If you find any, they're mine." And being handed 5 silver. :)
* Practicing Waylay.
* Ray "saving" John by kicking dirt in his face and then breaking his spine.

1. Avery and Jack
2. Wynn getting a wicked cool black and silver tabbard
3. Elmwise - makes me want a blue nose
4. Thomas and the Secret Bottle Shhhhhhhhhhhh........
5. Gypsy pirate captain - nice hat
6. Zigurat mod my very first mod ever AAAAAAAAAND i got to get out of the tavern for a little while (lightning hurts)
7. The barbarians giving Tzydl something to hate almost as much as fevergrey.
8. SCARY BLACK UNICORN!!!!!!! (hid behind ward only to find out via gossip that SBU can just go through them?)
9. Purple Lady
10. floating eyeball
11. EMBER BEING BORN IN MY KITCHEN!!!! Tzydl loves the fire people so much!!!!
12. Wynn's resurrection, uncomfortable silence, deciding to hum a tune I made up in my head to ease the silence.
13. Darius's resurrection, both rez's I almost cried....very well role played ben and ryAn
14. Avery and Jack
15. Cupcake Cones with frosting after being beaten down by something in the woods and first aid from the Justicar.
16. Me being so used to NPCing that i put my sword on my head when I got down to only having 1 body point left HA! (thanks for schooling me sean)
17. Heading into a scary mod where we end up loosing a black and red mummy on the lands and as we're about to get to the Zigurat someone saying "okay so who has the life spells?" "ummm I don't have any" "me neither" "nope none here" "so wait a minute....only the puple lady who can't go in with us has a life spell??????" "we're dead"
18. Darius saving Rothsphere and Tzydl being very grateful
19. People actually drinking Dwarven Spirits!!!! I knew it would pay off to keep bringing the pickles!
20. watching the Justicar bust up laughing at Avery and Jack and still trying to keep his reputation for being a stern faced serious guy intact.
21. Goliath!!!!!
22. Goliath's pillar and mear humans trying to lift it!! HA! seeely gajhey!!!!
23. The Book
24. The ward on the privvy!!!!!!!!
25. The Ogre guy yelling about all necromancy is bad! there is no high or low!!
26. Nicodemus. I finally got to see what a necromancy branding looks like.
27. Ithica and his clothes or lack thereof! I wondered if the barbarians were gonna be naked by sunday evening.
28. People helping out in the kitchen THANK YOU so much!! Since I stink at names you will be tomato soup guy and omelette guy until I get to know you better!
29. Scourge (sp?) I love the rat.....
30. Devorah (sp?) teaching tzydl how to make a fire in a fireplace
31. wanting to help pick the lock because *I* can but remembering Tzydl can't HAAAAAAAAAAAA!! fun.
32. Elmwise still counting the minutes.
33. Logistics line both nights
34. TZYDL FINALLY GETTING THE GOLD TO BUY HER LAB!!!!!
35. Markus and Rothsphere getting to have their scrolls read without bad backlashes and stuff (i hope. haven't talked to mark yet)
36. SCARY DROOLING JABBERWOCKY or whatever it was Corey was playing JEEPERS!!! drool and stuff!!! yikes!
37. alllll of the PC vs. PC stuff....wheew....draining
38. coating arrows for the first time with Mike H. and learning how it goes HEEHEHEH
39. Hobblings are insatiable!!!!!

First off, a big thank you to the Deadlands Staff for running a very solid and entertaining event.

1: Being able to PC an entire event in NH. It was a first for Linda and I and we really enjoyed it.
2: "Caldarian's, uncovering diabolical plots in other lands since 504" and then getting to explain to the people that tried to take over the tavern exactly why it was such a bad idea. Thank you to the other PC's who allowed me to "Question" the prisioners.
3: The Vanguard and the the MWE group. Being able to sit squarly in the middle without choosing sides was a nice change of pace.
4: Epic Battle with Sean Metzler as the Mummy Body on Saturday
5: The Sundered Phalanx
6: Harry Foot Herald V. 2.5 (Black is the new Black this season)
7: Getting to meet Fevergray for the first time, only to have him immedialty try and circle rez me via the 3 bears. (oh yes and the hilarity of Dan's face when the wig would not stick). I have never been so grateful for multiple face fulls of gravel, or to have my spine broken.
8: In depth Blacksmithing discussions with Darius, and helping him negotiate with other dwarves.
9: Mac and Cheese on Sat night. Thank you tavern staff
10: Again thank you for an entertaining weekend for a bunch of outsiders just looking to get away from their hometown responsibilites.

Howdy Folks,

Still pretty drained from the weekend, Lots of work, and lots of fun.

A big thank you, to all the staff, NPC's, Kitchen staff, and PC's. You all make this worth doing!

OK, in no particular order....
RP with Darius, as Marcus, walking into the tavern, hearing screaming, and being told that Darius was going through a field Res. Asking if anyone is with him, and going to him to help him back to this world... Intense RP on Darius' part. Man you squeezed my hand hard enough to cut off blood flow, but there was no way I was letting you go through that alone!

RP with Darius as Goliath.. Getting to know him and just atking an opportunity to talk. Lots of fun.

My Cabinmates..... Always so much fun to share space with you folks!

Seeing Dim, George and Jeff again. Some folks I have been missing for years. Glad to have you back, and hope you keep coming.

The PC Vs. PC conflict, and feeling torn between my two roles.

PLAYING GOLIATH..... I have so much fun with him, and hope that he is fun for others :)

Getting Rituals Cast... I have been a pain in Doug's and Gary's backsides for the last two weekends! Thank you Corey and Shaun for hopping in to help!

The Silly folks who keep trying to lift the Column and the boulder, It is so much fun to see the looks on people's faces when Goliath whips them aournd like feathers!

20 Massive

Seeing Sir Wynn invited to join the Order..... Welcome Brother!

Thanks again everyone for a great weekend, and for taking care of your resident Geezer!

Mark

1) going to my first event and having it ROCK!!
2) elmwise counting the minutes untill his destruction by the barbarians (how many did he get up to i wonder)
3) ward on the out house
4) scary unicorn fight shield got shattered (ugh)
5) meeting a fellow rat scavenger, scourge and seeing that even though us scavengers cannot read and write, he still manages to write a book on how to defeat monstars using pictures, (very good pictures btw)
6) floating eye ball coming in and scaring me
7) sunday morning laugh's, especially having the justicar run away so he can calm down was too funny. and ruthgar's "eating flaming stag that will destroy your mouth"
8) the attack on skylar's keep battle that i was not there for but was still in the keep "sleeping" he he he :p
9)going on a module with paladar, an npc, myself a lvl 1, and two more lvl 1's and a lvl 6 and relizing, "ohh we gonna die cause no one can heal besides potions"
but we were still sucess full
10) going on hansel and gretal module, dang stupid sleep traps/being awoken by the sarr girl (so bad with names) by pokes, punches and slaps, and scratches. lol
11) being vertigoed by the breakfast king, but the waffels were so good!!!
12) final battle in the field was so cool jack and the bean stalk, "too funny!" (sword got destroyed ugh, but then alot of other people did as well)
13) giving ruthgar a "flaming marshmellow that will destroy your mouth."
14) meeting new people and looking forward to my second event :p

Back