Mechanics for a unique weapon

Valdyr

The specific thing I want to do is have an iron sword made in order to make it effective against certain types of creatures. I'm not sure if there's an existing mechanic for iron. Maybe there is and I missed it, in which case this will be super easy.

It would have to be a magical sword with Monster Reaver enchanted on it or Race Reaver..

If you're asking about actual rulebook mechanics, Jay's answer above is a good one.

The solution that you're looking for may be found within the story rather than the rulebook, however -- Of course, back to the rules, that would be a Local Chapter Only (LCO) potential path, and not one that would travel with you to other chapters. Nevertheless, Team Prometheus is certainly friendly to notions of adding some roleplay into your approach... giving a weapon a True Name, forging certain relevant substances into it at creation, combining use of various relevant Craftsman skills with its creation.

I offer no guarantees of success here -- but I will promise you the guarantee of attention on the effort.

And hey, for best results, why not take both approaches at once?

Trace Moriarty
Team Prometheus
2017 Acarthia Local Plot

Thank you Jay and Trace. I kind of figured it might not be as straightforward as a rule that covers it. I think I understand the reaver enchantment, and I think it would couple well with what I'm looking to do, but I'll do Team P a line and see what you think.

Back