Medical Certifications

Gwendara

Fighter
Hi guys,

I would like to get a list of people who are certified and with what certifications. Even if it is a military certification that is not recognized in the private sector I would still like to know because your training will still be very helpful in the event of a serious injury. So far these are the people I know that are currently certified and with what certification (feel free to correct me if you have additional certs):

Mike Brenizer: CPR/AED and First Aid
Patrick Von Raven: CPR/AED, First Aid, Firefighter
Drew Resele: CPR/AED, First Aid
Duffy: CPR/AED, First Aid
Christine Ditzler: CPR/AED, PA EMT
Cortney Walton: CPR/AED, PA EMT
Onitt Hernandez: CPR/AED, Advanced First Aid, First responder
Amy Resele: CPR/AED, First Aid
Angel Belford: CLS
Daniel Perez: CPR/AED, First Aid
Bill Gibbs: CPR/AED, First Aid
Scott Babcock: CPR/AED, First Aid
Dave Ehrhart: CPR/AED, First Aid

If enough people have an interest in being certified, Cortney has a contact in NJ who we can more than likely get to teach a private CPR/AED and First Aid class to get more people certified and probably at a discounted rate. Anyone else with certifications feel free to e-mail me at christine.maudlin@gmail.com, PM me, or add your name and what certifications to this post.

Additionally, I would like to get an idea what kind of medical issues or concerns people have so we can be better prepared to deal with any emergencies. If you have any medical issues you would like us to be aware of you may send me a pm or e-mail me at the above gmail address. I am bound by state laws and HIPAA laws to keep this information secure and would not share it with anyone who isn't involved with your immediate care.

We are working out what kind of compensation will be rewarded for "being on call" for the weekend and I'll let you all know when we get that worked out.

Thank you!
-Christine

I have current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.

Im CLS qualified...lol. But I think it'll be out by the time I get back....Donno if they're gonna have me do it again.

I am CPR/AED, advanced First aid certified first responder.
I have shown you and Courtney credentials to that effect back in July of this year.
Can you please include me on this list?
Thanks!

= )

Onitt Hernandez

Updated. Sorry if I spelled anyone's name wrong (please correct me).

And me to the list. I am AED/CPR certified and also first aid certified

Danny Perez

Bill Gibbs, CPR/First Aid/AED.

--bill

I have CPR/AED, and i do believe First Aid

Corporate Ruby Tuesdays decided that we needed people certified in this stuff due to there being chance of medical problems

Scott Babcock

Fire Extinguishers

On another related topic,

I think there should be fire extinguishers on site...that can make all the difference between loss of life and property. I was told that there was a kitchen one, but that's only for class b fires (liquids/gases) and isn't effective for Class A fire s(ordinary combustibles) or C (electrical) fires.

I'm willing to donate two of them (they would be ABC extinguishers, meaning effective for most kinds of fires), one should be kept in monster camp and another should be in the kitchen (so as to be out of the way of the IG atmosphere).

I totally agree. I saw you carrying one around at the end of the event and it was the first time I'd ever really thought about it. If you want some money donated to get the extinguishers I'd be happy to throw in a couple bucks toward it.

Nah, I can get two of them, no problem. If someone wants to donate a smaller, more affordable one, portable for like stuff occurring in the woods where pyrotechnics are involved, it wouldn't hurt. The smaller ones go for about $20.

you know what would be cool? having like medieval looking barrels or crates that had emergency stuff in them like this. For example, we had a nice big fire going at the last event... but yeah, if there had been an accident, I wouldn't have known where to go or what to do. If we had a little crate outside the cabin that looked IG, and you could open it to reveal emergency equipment, that would be great.

granted there is the issue of, Faire Play rents the site out so people could damage/steal the crates/barrels/equipment... but i guess they could lock it up or make that a part of the agreement to rent the place.

Re: Fire Extinguishers

I could design a suggested layout for fire supression, depending on water supply hose (if any) or how many fire extinguishers we have.

Back