Meditate and Channeling

Lurin

Duke
I wanted to clarify the new rules that allow meditate for Channeling, I will post this as a number of clarifications as I've been hearing a lot of conflicting understandings, I'm including a few I'm 99.9% sure are false from my reading to be sure I cover everything.

1.) Can you meditate Channeling back unlimitedly regardless of how your use of Channeling resolves (ie I have 25 points of channeling, heal bob for 25 successfully, can I meditate that back?)
2.) Is there any requirement for you to be out of channeling before meditating it back?
3.) Is meditating back channeling limited to only missed or defended (including no effect) channeling expenditures?
4.) With appropriate improved meditate I can meditate 25 points of channeling per minute?
5.) does channeling expended due to rituals (ie channel health) qualify for meditation?

I believe these should be easy to answer/clarify and thanks for all you do!

1.) Can you meditate Channeling back unlimitedly regardless of how your use of Channeling resolves (ie I have 25 points of channeling, heal bob for 25 successfully, can I meditate that back?)
No. Channeling attacks that hit and are not defended against may not be meditated back.

2.) Is there any requirement for you to be out of channeling before meditating it back?
No. If you throw a single packet for 5 channeling and miss, you can certainly sit right down and meditate that back if you’d like.

3.) Is meditating back channeling limited to only missed or defended (including no effect) channeling expenditures?
Channeling attacks can always be meditated back unless they hit and are not defended against.

4.) With appropriate improved meditate I can meditate 25 points of channeling per minute?
The Improved Meditate skill impacts all Meditation.

5.) does channeling expended due to rituals (ie channel health) qualify for meditation?
Channeling expended to fuel a defensive ritual is considered to have resolved successfully and is therefore not eligible for meditation.

If you use channeling with a Greater Source ritual, and that attack would normally qualify for meditation, you would be eligible to meditate back the actual channeling you expended (not the doubled amount that was thrown), but you would not be able to meditate back the Greater Source charge, as rituals are not eligible for meditation.

Back