Meeting of Minds

MondayMcGee

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
“Guardian, would it ease your mind if some of the adventurers went to the Dryad village to help them with defense in your absence?”
 
Illahee's blue-white eyeridges go up, her head swivels to regard the Biata.
"For someone not of this shard, that is a more than generous offer. I cannot ask anyone else to put themselves in danger due to my actions, but if you feel strongly about the matter, I think they would feel more comfortable with apt defenders within their circle."
She pauses, her tall frame stilled, "Though you should know, even with all my Sylvanborne and myself, the Void was powerful enough to tear down the circle and decimate the Village last time..."
Can a Spirit of Winter and Death look haunted? You think perhaps so.
 
Last edited:

Sita

Scholar
Amory nods in agreement with Plue, "We can go and help teach some first aid, so as not to alarm anyone?"
 

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
Alluvio touches Illahee's hand gently, in a reassuring manner.

"From what I understand, the goal of the Void incursion in the Dryad Village was to attack you, Illahee. If so, added protections are needed here, not elsewhere. But however you choose, it is fine," Alluvio addresses to Plue and Amory.
 

Shin

Artisan
Shin looked to Alluvio, then Illahee "Why not a minor division of our forces. Some to ensure the Dryad village is reinforced until Illahee's return, and the rest with you and Bavaikas and Illahee." He suggested.
 
Illahee seems to be considering Alluvio's words, she looks from the dragon to Amory and Plue, then back to the dragon.
Quietly, very quietly she murmurs, "Put them directly in danger or in the path of possible danger..."
 

Accleates

Newbie
*Killian smiles at all the brave people in his life.* "I would like to go to the Dryad Village as well. I can teach first aid also as well as see to defenses if allowed."
 
Those that know her best get the impression she was potentially hoping that some of the Adventurers would be possibly placed out of harms way within the Dryad Village circle. At Alluvio's comment, her mouth twists with something akin to uncertainty.
 

Sita

Scholar
Amory shrugs a little, "I believe we are all well acquainted with being in the path of danger, Friend Illahee. More that we all wish to help those who aren't."
 

Blue Moon

Newbie
"I will go where Killian goes, I will be most helpful in defending people" Lael says as she places her finished mug of hot chocolate on the table.
 
Illahee looks towards Alluvio again, then back at everyone gathered,
"I think, probably, Alluvio is correct. The Void would find two dragons and a Pillar, so close to their door, to be a tempting target." The words escape her lips reluctantly.
 

Shin

Artisan
Shin nodded, more than agreeing, standing from his seat to move behind Bavaikas. "Not that Two Dragons and a Pillar are not a Force to be reckoned with. All the same, discretion is the better part of valor." he said with a chuckle.
 

Accleates

Newbie
Killian places his coffee down and breathes deeply. he addresses the dragons and Illahee with a painful bow "If the incursion into the dryad village was to get at Illahee, then having Ilahee here shifts the danger to here. If you are all going to the void tear and look at it then the bulk if not all the forces should go with you to bolster that defense. We can at least buy you all some time if need be."
 
Illahee's expression has become unreadable. She doesn't respond with anything other than the smallest nod, turning to face Alluvio.
"Shall we?"
 

Accleates

Newbie
Killian nods to Plue, Amory, Lael, and Shin, He tries hard to not wince too badly as he stands up and adjusts his obsidian sword in its sheath.
 

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
Alluvio nods. "Then let's away."

He leads the way, Illahee at his side, down to the wall, through said wall, and to the Void tear.

She pauses, lost in thought as everyone approaches. The tear is obviously different, with thin tendrils creeping out into reality. It is uncomfortable to be near the thing for long, and Alluvio seems almost antsy in such proximity.

They turn and look at the others.

"It is failing. But how fast, I cannot yet say."
 

Accleates

Newbie
Killian looks around the area to see what sort of mundane defenses are constructed if any and looks at ways to see if something can be done to bolster them. (Craftsman: Tactician if possible)
 
The closer you get to the Void Tear, the more severely gaunt the lines of Illahee's face become. It doesn't appear to be an emotion that she is displaying. Instead it looks like the Spirit is under a great deal of strain. Her ligneous flesh goes from rich redwood to pale beech. Short, thorn like claws protrude from her fingertips and with each step, a very small circle of ice is left behind in the grass and dirt of the path.
 
Last edited:

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
(The constructing is well done, killian, and the defenses seem sound.)
 
Top