Memorable moments at the March event

cymryc

Squire
I had a good time at the event and wanted to share some memorable moments.

Kai offers a drink to Arannin. "Would you like some?"
As Arannin drinks Roan Asks "What is that?"
Kai respondes "Spiced spider milk"
Roan "yeouck, why would you drink that"

Arannin getting Roan to try the spiced spider milk was priceless too.

Kai returns some of Iftikhaar's belongings Sunday morning. It happens to be right as game off is called.
Kai "These are yours, yes"
Matt (Confused) "Where is the rest of my stuff? That should all be on a belt and there should be other things as well"
I roll with it, Kai "This was all I found on the field of battle this morning, I could go back and look again"
Iftikhaar (confused look replaced by excitement) "Please be the right pouch.... furious rummaging.... F yeah" Apparently I found the pouch with the magic items in it, who knew.

Late Saturday night, 2 gypsy's approach Kai
Gypsy "Excuse me have you seen our sister"
Kai looks over ...silence....
Gypsy "Our sister Prashka, we are looking for here"
Kai .....silence....
Gypsy "Well if you do see here could you let he know we are looking for her?"
Kai ...silence....
Gypsy "Yell, shout, something"
Kai ....silence...
Gypsy's wander off.

Leigh-Ann and I were talking OOG. I am paraphrasing two different conversations into one.
LA "I don't like it when you play Kai, I want to spend time with you and I feel like I can't."
Me "You won't have to worry about that in May, I'll play Zabim."
LA "Can I have Kai instead"

cymryc said:
Late Saturday night, 2 gypsy's approach Kai
Gypsy "Excuse me have you seen our sister"
Kai looks over ...silence....
Gypsy "Our sister Prashka, we are looking for here"
Kai .....silence....
Gypsy "Well if you do see here could you let he know we are looking for her?"
Kai ...silence....
Gypsy "Yell, shout, something"
Kai ....silence...
Gypsy's wander off.
Gypsy response to getting the silent treatment: Make the situation MORE ridiculous, then proceed to act like it's the most normal thing ever and move along.

For me, I keep coming back to the 2 new elves. I simply must tip my hat to you for playing the "My heroism is my shield" trope THAT HARD. I hope you guys know that as much hate as you've brought on yourselves for it IC - ASHOK was telling people not to Life them, for crying out loud! - it's all IC, and OOG most of us are laughing and/or admiring your cohones.

-being "forced" to go hunt for lair cards as part of a patrol. I hardly ever have time to do lair cards plus I got to tromp around in the woods with people I don't get to RP with often, the incredibly awesome "Cina," "Oak," and "Lukas".
-Rob as the fearsom "drop-bear".
-RP with Zeth in the Earth Circle for like.. 2 hours. Nice tarp clothing on Mr. Zeth and thanks for the tea, Joe!
-People faking not knowing each other or being less powerful than they really were. Esp. Kiarra, putting on that higher-pitched voice and the doe eyes.. "Earth Magic.. me?"
-hanging out in the dark with the thoroughly optimistic Prashka. We are definitely not dark, alone-in-the-woods characters.. there was a bit of blundering around.
-JP's sadistic Biata actually scared me. I got that "stomach drop out" feeling when he wandered into the tavern and I wasn't sure where Mr. Iftikhaar was. Good going Tantaris.
-Alcondar's epic use of Death on himself. Also his and Iftikhaar's escape. Go, go, go!
-Power-shanking slaves as soon as we got any alone with us. Thanks NPCs!

~Carmen

Requiem said:
For me, I keep coming back to the 2 new elves. I simply must tip my hat to you for playing the "My heroism is my shield" trope THAT HARD. I hope you guys know that as much hate as you've brought on yourselves for it IC - ASHOK was telling people not to Life them, for crying out loud! - it's all IC, and OOG most of us are laughing and/or admiring your cohones.

Lucky the Pacifist Gypsy was there! Only two life's I threw all weekend.

Next time I am charging for them! ;)

Helping Cassandra learn about ants.

Having the sleepy gypsy ambush go off almost perfectly!

The batcave mod.

For the first time being one of those characters that get's pulled five different directions at once! Dammit my pizza is more important than the fate of the land!

All I can think of at 3AM

I absolutely LOVED this event. The whole town going undercover to infiltrate the harkonians and rescue their targets right under the enemy's nose while pretending to be enslaved was such a cool set up.

I decided that Luke decided to make a character to portray for the weekend named Lukas. So I was playing Luke who was playing Lukas who was a traveling scholar who makes money baking, and was ambushed by these snake people and now has no choice but to serve his new dark masters because of the enslavement he was given. Woe to him and his terrible fate.

I loved over dramatizing the role when I was alone with other town members. Getting to meet other peoples role was fun too. The set up that plot made for having the opportunity to go on lair cards was really good, and I loved going on them with the groups I was with. We came accross bears that were peacefully sleeping so we left them alone and lied to the harkonians telling them the cave was empty.

"The emporer bleeds for you"
For the whole weekend everybody had some kind of smart aleck response to that line they wanted to say but had to keep it in until we made our move. A few I know of were, "Not enough", "Not as much as he's going to", and "Not as much as we're going to make you bleed for him"

I enjoyed the role play of registering with the sign in lady, and being told where they would put who for what job.

Thank you plot and npcs!

This event was amazing!

Favourite moments:
-Cursed with optimism once again. Stupid flawed rituals...And yet, so much fun...
-Convincing several people that I was actually enslaved simply by being optimistic
-Coming up with half a dozen brilliant plans to solve all of the problems we were coming across, and having a grand total of 1 actually working. Especially the one we came up with in the Broken Chain. It was an awesome plan, even if it never amounted to anything.
-Checking in with elven woman Friday night, and coming up with one of said brilliant plans on the fly. It was a really interesting dynamic to be forced into lying (or creative truth telling) in a high-stakes situation.
-Card games with the gypsies Friday night and the banter that resulted. Playing with everyone was just awesome, and a fun way to pass the time. Conrad may be my new favourite gypsy.
-Working with Damien. Oh the shenanigans.
-Double hooking and making life challenging for the other team, and Alcandar's awesome self-death. Pretty neat to witness.
-Kicking BUTT with our team Saturday night!!! We rocked the party!
-Going after the two crazy elves with Ashok and Mordecai, and coming to really hate those elves IC (OOG, you all are hilarious), especially after sleeping and enslavement-antedoting them.
-The teamwork to get the PCs back from the Harkonians. Between the "run in and slaughter" tactics of rescuing the few we recovered, and the serious teamwork required to get the Whispering Wind ritual accomplished, it was amazing. Everyone really pulled together to help each other out. It was awesome to be a part of that.

1) RP with Roan pretty much the entire event. Finding out she's -not- an Earth Templar (for about 9 years, haha).
2) Resurrection storytelling forcing me to tap into tribal background. Telling three stories is a pain though!
3) Luke asking us "What would your characters do?" while we're on patrol and considering whether or not we'd do an encounter that might benefit the Harkonians, since, you know, we're roleplaying slaves.
4) JP's Biata walking over to me when I re-enter the Tavern, and saying, "Hey." Me feeling a -CRAPLOAD- of fear, thinking I'm about to get brain-melted, and internally cataloguing my spells for possible combat as he moves close to talk quietly to me. "I didn't know that Gabe was cooking dinner, so I'm going to bring his weapons back in a little bit." Me: "Uh. Ok, cool."
5) Kiarra acting like a newly awakened Dryad. It was so adorable. :wub2:
6) Talking with Tiberius during mealtime. For an untrustworthy sleazebag, he's an interesting person. ;)
7) Hue the Patchwork Monkey Poster.

I forgot the posters! I loved the posters! They were amazing!

I loved hanging out with the Gypsies, Rain and Swift all weekend.
Hi lights include: Teaching Swift about ants, and how they are well shod, promiscuous and like to dance among other things. Doing the awesome ambush, and listening to Vavarek talk about why he was sleeping in the road. Meeting my "brother" Poxy. And overall enjoying good role play with awesome people all around.

Wow, so much fun was had that I couldn't list it all in a reasonable post, so I will do the bullet points of greatness...

• Having a huge chunk of personal plot slap me in the face was pretty rad, bastards have my sister.
    Getting to do a little bit of chemistry for the alchemy mod. Then hail ambassador Mixer.
    Kicking it with the Legion. As always you guys made my event.
    Operation public Gypsy unslaving. Sleep, potion, awaken, walk away.
    Operation need blankets badly.
    Operation miner slaughter, I mean unslaving.
    The brutality of the night fight.
    Getting to off myself. What a fun way to go.
    A little birdy appearing next to me and saving my life. RUN!
    RP with all the PCs and NPCs.
    Pretending I wasn't an earth caster, just a trinket collector/alchemist.
    Killian and Takara being the worlds pissiest MWEs.
    Sleeping without a ward.
    Getting to watch the "how badly does Tantarus have to insult Roan before Aranan shanks him," game. Best game show ever...
    Moral discussions with Mordecai. Getting to play a black and white character confused at grey area thought patterns.
    Having "Hue's" poster held up next to my head no less than 4x. Bond and I are different dudes, I promise. :thumbsup:
    No one knowing how to spell my PC's name. :funny:
    Everyone's disguises and trying to keep the fake names straight.

Clearly, your fake character was named Alchemdar. :-D

Back