Mind if I lend a hand?

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Recently, I was thinking that our chapter should have more odd weapon reps, and so I decided to create a good troll/zombie weapon to donate to my chapter's NPC camp:
14cbm78.jpg

It is just below maximum short blunt length, but I have recently been wondering whether it follows the very loose "don't make anything that'll poke someone's eyes out" rule, considering the fingers are roughly 2" thick, but only about 1" wide (as you can see in the picture). What are ya'll's opinions regarding it? I think it should be fine, but I just thought I'd ask the rest of the Alliance to pass judgement upon it before I actually bring it to game (and if I do bring it, I think I'll call shenanigans if it doesn't have a disease carrier).

Oh, and sorry for the punny thread title. ;)

It's neat looking, but if those fingers are only 1" wide it may get failed.

Alliance Ruleboook said:
A thrusting tip may not be longer than its
diameter. This means the tip must be at least 2
inches across, wider for two handed weapons.
The tip must collapse about 50% of its length
when pressure is applied.

If it was made as a closed hand instead of an open one, or a foot, I could see it passing as there's no chance of it going into an eye socket, but the spread fingers like that are pretty pokey. :)

I'd worry about the red on it. even though it's not much i've seen some people fail them because it could be confused as a claw

Red decorations are permissible on weapons so long as it's a small portion and obviously decoration, not a large portion that could cause said confusion. Looking at that picture I highly doubt somebody will confuse it with a claw.

true... but.. if I saw a monster hitting me with a giant hand shaped thing and it had a little red on it... I might wonder if plot had sent this thing out specifically to look like it had a long reach or something... and those hands were supposed to be claw type things...

it's easy to ask the NPC that during combat, so i don't think it would be a big deal... i'm just syaing... there might be a few people thrown off by that.

Dude... no hand-to-hand combat allowed. Srsly.

j/k. It's an interesting idea. Personally, I'm kinda of the "it should be body weaponry" crowd. Otoh, if you made it in reverse, with the hand as the grip, fingers as handguard, and were beating people with a bloody stump, that's be better, imo.

You could nub the fingers as if they'd been eaten. :D

I agree with the do it backwards idea, kinda taper it even so that the hitty end is a bit wider where it would meet the shoulder.

Back