Minister Council and local government

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Good Day Citizens of the Nation of Erabella,

Could one of you please be so kind as to explain the mechanisms under which the Minister Council was formed? And in way the Council interacts with the local government? Is Erabella a nation state with a Royal line that entered into a shared logistical and governance agreement with a parliament or senate?

I ask as I am looking at the possibility of joining you for the gathering to be held in the tenth month, and I would not want to upset any social norms nor cause disrespect. If someone could answer my questions, I would be deeply thankful.

Respectfully,
Matron FallingStar
Lady of Argo's Rest

Matron Fallkngstar,

The Minister Council is quite new in terms of ruling bodies and much of what they currently do is from necessity created by the void left from the royal family. Their function is to provide economic and legislative stability, but many the exact mechanisms are still in flux. If you would like to think of the Minister Council functioning as nobility would in Wayside, while not entirely accurate, it would be an apt metaphor. The Ministers of the Council are to be elected by the people of Erabella every seven years, though they have not existed long enough for this to happen yet.

If you would like more details on the latest royal family, please reach out to me privately or we can speak at the gathering you attend.

I hope this answers your questions. Please ask if you have any others.

Zen Mallowbrooks
Administrator of the Town Box

Good Day Matron Fallingstar,

Zen has done a fair job of describing the governing body of the nation of Erabella. Beneath the Minister Council the nation is divided into five duchies, the Northern, Capital, Eastern, Central, and Western Duchy. Each of the duchies are then further divided into five portions under a Count, Baron, or Earl, serving their Duchy. Those Counts, Barons, and Earls are then free to further divide their lands to be managed by viscounts and knights as they see fit. Only the capital itself, Tilmere, is outside of this standard as it is directly ruled by the Minister Council. However, in times of need, the Capital Duchy, currently under the rule of Duchess Celeste Whaheed, is the one called upon to supply troops and resources when Tilmere finds itself in dire circumstances.

Here in the capital we have become rather accustomed to the strange behaviors of the "Heroes from beyond the mists", and will not be slighted should you need to ask for clarification or information. The companions of Lady Knight Fiona and Lord Knight Zihr have proven themselves to be allies of Erabella in our most recent war and, from what I have heard, continue to aid when they are able. As long as your intentions are to carry on this tradition, you will be most welcome.

Lord Viscount Anthony White
in service of Earl Archibald De'Were

Back