More clarifications about playtest rules

Alex319

Artisan
Thanks for clarifying most of the items that I mentioned in my previous post. Just a few more questions:

Sturdy Armor:

In a previous response, it was stated that this must be cast on a “specific physrep.” Does this mean that:

(a) I cast the Sturdy Armor on my armor physrep. If my armor tag is destroyed or stolen IG, then the Sturdy Armor stays attached to my physrep, so I can continue using the Sturdy Armor if I get another armor tag to go with my physrep.

or

(b) When I cast a Sturdy Armor on my armor physrep, that makes my armor physrep a magic item subject to normal magic item stealing rules. So if someone knocks me out and steals my armor, I have to take off my armor physrep and give it to him or her.

or

(c) The Sturdy Armor is still attached to the tag but also requires the specific physrep to use. Thus, if someone knocks me out and steals my armor, then I keep my physrep, I give them the tag, and neither of us can use the Sturdy Armor (unless I get the tag back)?

Also, does this apply just to Sturdy Armor, or does it also apply to other rituals that can be put on armor (such as Mystic Smith)?

Enhance Armor:

1. If I have a 30-point suit of Enhanced Armor and I get hit with a “10 Chaos”, which of the following happens (a) I don't take any damage at all to either body or armor, or (b) I tak 10 damage to armor?

2. If I have a 30-point suit of Enhanced Armor that only has 7 points left on it, and I get hit with a “10 Weakness”, will I (a) take 7 to armor, 3 to body, and no Weakness effect, or (b) take 7 to armor, 3 to body, and still take the Weakness effect, or (c) take nothing at all?

If the answer to (1) is (a), then Enhance Armor basically gives you a Threshold against everything except “Normal” damage (everything else is a carrier), is that correct?

If the answers to both of these questions are (b), it seems like the statement that “The Ritual does not add any protection while the suit is at 0 current Armor Points” is redundant, because if your armor is at zero then a “10 Normal” will still do 10 damage to body just as easily as a “10 Chaos”?

Instant Trap:

So, if you put an Instant Trap on a explosive trap, then you'll only get to use it once and then the trap is destroyed along with the instant trap tag. But if you put an Instant Trap on a weapon trap, then you can keep rearming it and setting it off every 3 seconds as many times as you want. Is that correct?

Rogue's Evasion:

Do you still have to do the 3-count (like the monster Rip Binding ability) or is this instantaneous?

Spell Swap:

So, to clarify, I can only regain a previously memorized spell that I've used, not a different spell, correct? So if I have memorized nothing but Lifes in my 9th level spell slots, I can't use Spell Swap to trade one out for an Earth Storm in the middle of the day, correct?

Storm Augmentation:

• One purchase of Storm Augmentation only affects one casting of one spell, correct? So if I have memorized three Earth Storms but only bought one Storm Augmentation, then only one of the Earth Storms I cast is augmented; the other two will not be augmented. When I cast the Earth Storm, do I have to verbally declare whether I'm using the augmented one or a non-augmented one? If not, do I have to at least mentally decide at the time of casting, or can I, e.g. start throwing packets, and then if it looks like I'm in trouble, declare that this was the augmented one and start running away while keeping the spell up? (I doubt you're supposed to be able to do this kind of shenanigans.)

• I can still save High Magic points to use at a later logistics, correct? So that way if I memorize a new storm spell during Saturday logistics, I can still augment it.

Purchasing Skills:

Each one takes one additional turn in skill for each Weapon Proficiency or Backstab purchased, up to the 10th purchase (it never costs more than 14 Critical Attacks or Back Attacks)

If the 1st purchase costs 4, the 2nd purchase costs 5, etc., then the 10th purchase costs 13. It seems like either “10th” should be replaced with “11th” or “14” should be replaced with “13” in this sentence.

Meditate:

“focus on a weapon they are proficient with” - is the term “proficient” here intended to imply that you need to have at least one Weapon Proficiency to use Meditate to regain weapon skills? (on p.52 of the current ARB, it states “to buy Weapon Proficiency, you must first have a weapon skill to be proficient in” - seems to imply that “being proficient in” a weapon skill is something that happens when you buy a Weapon Proficiency.)

So, the 5 minutes is per spell/skill, correct? So if I threw three spells that all missed, I would have to meditate for 15 minutes to get them all back. (It seems clear here because of tall the references to the singular “the skill” or “the spell” that you're meditating, but in my previous post, the response was otherwise.)

I'm on my tablet but I'll answer a couple:

The answer to question one in Enhance Armor is B. Option A would be absolutely ridiculous and would make the problem that I see with Protection Auras way worse.

The answer to question two in Enhance Armor is B. This works the same way that I've understood the game works now for years.

Rogue Evasion: you still have to do a three count. While the incant is ripping free in my mind I would really see it as wiggling free.

Meditate: It simply means you must own the correct skill to use the weapon such as One Handed Edged or Polearm. If you only have OHE and I hand you my mace, you cannot meditate with it because you are not proficienct with the mace. The wording can be cleaned up here for sure.

Sturdy Armor: B.

Spell Swap: Correct.

Page 78 of the current rulebook addresses the first question on Sturdy Armor, and this applies to ALL magic items:

"If you have a very expensive or personal item that gets turned magical (say, a very nice suit of armor) and the item is stolen in-game, you have the right to refuse to turn over your personal item. You must still, of course, turn over the tags for that item. In exchange for keeping your own item, you forfeit your right to 'recognize' your special armor later when the thief wears it in-game (using your tags with his or her own physical representation)."

Back