MWE

Arkade

Scholar
Is there a link betwean MWEs and Saytars? Just a question.

I have been told that it is just a rumor. That MWEs, like all elves, are descended from the Great Dragon. That they are the ones that took her horns and became the Mystic Wood Folk, just as the ones that took her scales are now Stone elves.

Is just from stories I have heard.

Most of us, that others call Mystic Wood Elves, speak of being fathered by a Satyr in some way or another yes.

Dragon? I think not. If it were a dragon who sired us we would look much different.

Being spawned from a Satyr - whatever way it happened, each land seems to have a different creation story - causes most of my bretheren to behave promiscuously and use it as an excuse to have multiple partners at once. That is fine. That is their way. It also explains the inborne curiosity most have as well. And - many feel an attachment to other fae-creatures because of our supposed lineage.

While I am not a Mystic Wood Elf it would make much more sense that their heritage is one closely tied with that of the Fae Courts. perhaps in some boon or similar. The nature of a Satyr and a Nymph is very hedonistic and would also lend credibility to the origination of the race. yes at one time the elves were perhaps descended from a dragon as were all races but some where in time perhaps when magic was more tangible and less ethereal it was possible for the crossing of 2 species. this would also explain the existence of the Scavenger folk.

While I am not aware of every creation story that exists for the race commonely referred to as "Mystic Wood Elves," I do have some knowledge about the story of those here on Tar N'varia.

The Children of Camulous (as they call themselves here) were, according to the tale, created from the crossbreeding of satyrs (or simply the satyr Camulous) and a group of shipwrecked elves.

Obviously, other creation stories may differ wildly based on the culture from which they origniate.

-Cedric Fruvous
Ashbury Sage's Guild

Arkade,

Those I've met with horns who adventure, that people tend to call "Mystic Wood Elves", all have, or believe they have some relation to satyrs and other fae, as well as elves in some cases. We are, however, niether Elf nor Fae, but our own race, and our own peoples, raised with distinct cultures both to those races and to other groups of "Mystic Wood Elves" on other continents.

(As a side note for Marcena - I've never met one of our people who claimed decent from a dragon of any sort, though admitedly my time with the horned people of your land wasn't spent in the most... academic... of pursuits)

Decended from both, but different and seperate, if that makes sense.

Cedric has the story of my people essentially correct. It would be easiest for you to learn about us by asking us individually, however. If you're seeking knowledge, it's likely you'll find others willing to share it, so the next time you meet one of us in a friendly setting, you'll learn more by asking them politely than by dreaming about us.

Alor Starbright Wyndancer,
Child of Camulous,
Apprentice, Ashbury Sage's Guild

I thank you all for your help, I have asked in person to a few but the storys are almost never remotely the same. I assume that no one truly knows the answer...

Arkade said:
I thank you all for your help, I have asked in person to a few but the storys are almost never remotely the same. I assume that no one truly knows the answer...

I believe the answer varies from place to place, hence your different answers. We don't all come from the same exact root, so there is no one single answer to your question. That's more-or-less why I suggested you ask individuals about their people - that might be more effective than asking an individual, who was raised in his own culture, about the origin of all those who look like him throughout this world and at least one other.

If you're ever in Caldaria, I'd be glad to sit with you to talk to you about my people, the Children of Camulous, as I'm Icenian. I'll also be happy to introduce you to some Ansconi (those with horns from Caldaria) who might be willing to share their story with you.

Ahhhh, I did not relize that ultimately there was no common root. Well I guess that I'll be talking with manny horned folk to gett a better grasp on their acestors. Thank you.

I find it interesting that your origin stories are so different. Both the Stones Elves (common parlance) of Tar'Navaria and old Tyrra call ourselves Kyralia. We even have the same story of our beginnings. The only difference being where we believe it took place.

Quite curious.

Telokh Amdo

Telokh,

If you're willing, I would be fascinated to discuss our respective peoples when next we're both in Fairdale. I've only met a couple of your people and I'd be thrilled to learn more.

Alor

Alor said:
Telokh,

If you're willing, I would be fascinated to discuss our respective peoples when next we're both in Fairdale. I've only met a couple of your people and I'd be thrilled to learn more.

Alor

I'm not surprised that you have me few of my people as we generally do not take to the adventuring lifestyle. I have only met Ren and Dreath since leaving Saribdis the first time, and Dreath is actually from Tyrra.

As long as the mountain snows continue to recede I should be in Fairedaly in a fortnight. I am sure we can find the time for such a discussion. If I am not in town on that Friday I most likely will not arrive until well after the sun rises on Saturday. In the dark of night my people tend to be mistaken for undead which makes travelling alone quite precarious.I usually arrange to only travel during the day unless accompanied by others with a more "healthy" hue to their skin.

Telokh Amdo

OOG EDIT: Took out my darn OOG sig picture. So inappropriate for this character.

The Ansconi of Caldaria have been here for millenia; our written history is vast and old. Each of us can trace our lineage back through many, many generations. Our origins, alas, are lost in the mists of time. We have pointed ears, but we are not related to elves. We have horns, but there is no Satyr in my lineage as far back as it is known. As far as I can tell, we have always been here.

Hmmm... well, I guess it dosent hurt to ask, thank all yee Horned Folk. One more question tho, is Horned Folk acceptable? I wouldent want to offend any one through lack of knowlage.

Arkade Prince

I would prefer it if you refered to my people as Ansconi, plain and simple ... even if it is more difficult for you to pronounce. Of course, it is not necessary to make specific reference to my race as I know what I am and, if you see me, it should be obvious to you, as well. And where there is a lack of doubt there is no need to provide certainty by using a label.

You can call me a MWE or Mystic Wood Elf if you'd like.... I take no offense to it. We are also called Children of Maeria, but MWE is fine.

I prefer Wildescent, or Wild. While I am loyal to my Bevy and my Mother-Teacher and family, and I will respond when referred to as a Mystic Wood Elf... or even a Me-Wee, I prefer my chosen name.

Dame Lady Knight Wildescent Nightwolf, White Rose Keep, Kingdom of Arandin
aka Lady Death

I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT MY KIN IF ANYONE HAS THE TIME TO EXPLAIN IT TO ME. I PROMISE TO BE THE MOST GRACIOUS OF COMPANY.

ADON

*uncovers her ears*
Less shouting and you may get the help you seek.

I would agree with Wild on both fronts: the noise is damaging to the silence in my mind, and a personal name is preferred.

Back