My thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkalin3

Knight
It has been a very trying few days and yet we endure. The second time in just a hand full of days, we've stood against an enemy who didn't feel, had no empathy. We have stood against a storm that has known only destruction. Instead of lying down, and giving up, we the people of Dragonreach have said no more. We've taken something incapable of feeling and made it feel pain. More importantly we've shown it hope and defiance in the face of utter defeat.

We've lost people in this fight, and while I can barely remember them, I thought it was important for us to spend a second to mourn them before the memories fade forever.

Voth Silverthread was a man I have had no love lost for. The things I can remember of him, mostly reminded me of everything I struggled against during the Age of Many Kings. But, in his timeline he did the people of Dragonreach a service and was a good King. When you speak his name, let it be remembered as such. As his former subjects here will not.

Thaddeus Savvoy was a trusted advisor, it seems. His gambit bought us hope, and a chance we have now seized. Although he was unmade, it is my understanding adventurers tend to honor him in their own way. He deserves at least that.

I had to cancel my meeting with King Aldus Carlisle because of the chance we had to strike at Bleak's forces. I have directed our armies deep into the Deadlands. With Bleak removed for now, we have a chance to push back at his influence. I intend to do just that. Jared Silverstar has moved as well, and Foundry has sent an emissary and appears willing to throw in with us. The Deadlands remains leaderless, and mostly stripped of greater undead. In this moment, it is my hope one day the people will live upon the site of this war. When this storm passes, we'll raise our children on the land. It is at this time that I would ask we no longer refer to this area as the Deadlands but rather as Springdale. We'll take the land from it and make a home out of it for our people.

Let us not waste this chance. We have almost two months to prepare for the great white wyrm's return. Perhaps when it returns to us, we can make it feel one more thing.

Fear.

By my hand,
Lycergis
King of Dragonreach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back