My thoughts while fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

justduffy

Artisan
So it just happend that I was sober enough, due to the length of battle, that the goblins are getting more inteligent and much more dangerouse. There fighting skills are getting better and they appear to be taking more blows to be cut down. Some as I erd it actually were fooled by them possoming (pretending to be dead so you stop hitting them), continuing the walays, taking KAF's. if anyone has any information regarding this please lets share the information cause this is going to get serious if it is all due to some othere magical means or other creature using them as pawns.

or maybe its something in the area cause the rats are getting stronger as well they are dam near immpossible to take down.

While I hardly ever believe you are sober, and I jest, I have noticed as well the goblins using greater vocabulary and evening using some of our own customs. I mean do goblins really celebrate the day they were born? The goblins also have the sense now to heal their wounded in the middle of battle, a big difference from our first encounter the previous gather. Then there is the use of casters has gone up as well. Much like an adventuring party would go out with a healer or battle caster, they are traveling in groups to be prepared. Their Shaman, may a Fae curse him, or if that fails, Brago curse him, is no typical pushover. I think we may be dealing with a serious issue of security not only for the town but for ourselves as well come future gathers.

Loken Raleigh

And speaking of odd things, anyone think that glowing red eye wispy thing that haunted around Kupspar is in someway tied to the shield? The shield protected the Shaman, and gave the Goblin Queen obvious boost in mental strength. It had enough power to subvert an adventurer outright into attacking his own.

Finally...is anyone else hearing voices?! I know I'm not going insane, my traveling companion heard it our first gather, I had a voice talking to me this gather...anyone else hearing it? I know Haka had spoke of voices at his trail and being under the command of an unknown force which compelled him into his actions but I know not if he heard what we heard.

Loken Raleigh

I an I would like ta give me observations. I an I am not bold enough to say dat it is da magic or da normal evolution of da species. Based on what I an I osberve in nature, when a species is unda attack, whetha it is da Goblin, or any species, if it's will ta survive is strong enough, it will adapt and evolve ta face its agressors and overcome it's adversities. Given dat de Goblins are showing signs of higher intelligence, I an I feel dat tactics of hit first and ask questions lata may not be suitable, where treatin dem like sentient beings is probably best. Let us give dem an opportunity to be civil and we should at leas attempt ta negotiate en go de route of diplomacy with dem, after all I an I expect a lil bit more from dose dat consider demselves ta be protected races. I an I continue ta pledge meself ta da diplomatic resolution to dis, until diplomacy is no longer an option.

well I was on a job that we tried deplomacy, *Hic* where Loken was elected the diplomat, with the goblins and they just wanted to concor us and swear feilty to there emporor.
2 gathers now we are not the agressors and they are not fighting for there survival, they are trying to concor. In fact they are also attacking the crested lizard men and stiring them into patrolling the swamd to protect them selves *HIC*.
Either way thes goblins are *Hic* more than twice as powerful as last time so I think that may be a little beyond evolution. From what I know, wasn't there a force that controlled your actions *Hic* at the gather?

Neardin, did you say they wanted you to swear to their emperor? Is important...did they say what is his name?

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

nno they did not The had stolen a garden hobbling, and were playing catch with it and would let us play if we swore feilty to the emporer. They were asked but would not say what emporer that we were suposed to swear feilty to!

It was their Shaman, I started to inquire about his name, and if he had a shield and they said yes although this particular group did not know his name. Next gather I think we should capture one or two of these "sentient" goblins and put them a rather intense questioning process. It cant be a run of the mill goblin either. Any of them that show any sort of "higher" level of intelligence should be capture first and kill as a secondary. If the Goblins want to play soldier then lets show them how its done in reality.

Loken Raleigh

You are correct, the goblins were both tougher & organized. Some of the goblin casters were specifically casting silence & even stated that they were sent to take our casters out. Even more troubling is that there were goblin casters that were able to cast Prison, which is a spell of the highest circle. I haven't seen anyone outside myself & Guildmaster Angus that can cast spells of that power. By Teovel's cards, the future looks grim.

Dragomiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back