National Event Favorites

TheSaint

Artisan
May as well put this up now that I've got a ten hour car trip ahead of me and the memories are fresh.
-Getting there was a good time, we went from one audio book to another after the first audio book had a guy that sounded like Walter Kronkite to listening to World War Z and its full cast of voice actors.
-Troop 5 cabin,yeah it was probably the same distance from the tavern as the last layer of hell is from the sun but once we had cleaned it out,bought food, etc. etc. it was nice and homely.
-Meeting new people is always a highlight and my character met quite an interesting mix of folks.
-Biata roleplay! My character has not seen another of his kind(in a non hostile encounter) in months and hanging with Amaris and having a full on ingame convo was great, and then there was getting an item that pretty much begins to catch him up with his own people.
-Following a group led by rupert and three others, along with my group of four into bad guys, and having it go from "push forward, hold the line!" to "Holy crap its Big Red, run!" the entire town or at least those that were there starts to rout and retreat the explination given to me being the following "If the hunt runs, then you know its bad."
-Big ball of doom, I am glad that made its apperance and got to fight it. Regardless of having done so three times already it does not get old in the slightest. Frackin' Crossroads!
-Going for a drink with a Stone Elf, Loken owes her a bottle and a intoxicate of his own. She was the first Stone Elf he's actually spoken with ever and it was actually different
-Last big battle was okay, the battering ram charge was epic, finding the green circle was great because of the people that were in there. A hold was called and we would manage to keep ourselves entertained. The dragon lich was badass. Goodjob Ohio,that rocked.
-Troop five tavern,that's right our cabin was on the *** end of the world but we had ingame alcohol, food, and merryment.
-Team Flaming Balls, low level adventuring group of awesome. I am happy as all that can be that I am apart of a team of awesomeness.
-Going on the mind mod, that was fun.
-Tavern ball! Yeah...fun as all hell to randomly invent a game while in the storm of hurry up and wait.
-Thank you Ohio for a great time. My character grew alittle more and matured alittle more. In game and out of game it was fun.

*Re-editted to change words considered profrane.

Re: Event Favorites

-tavern ball definitely. Sitting with that polearm wasn't easy to hit the ball back and forth. And how fast ot incorporated the surrounding people... Fun. I was never any good at baseball
-being repeatedly kb and eviscerated by my bro in the last fight. I got better at the fighting
-being a 7th level fighter with only a single prof and a single weapon skill (and blacksmithing) and trying my hardest to contribute to the fights. It was fun
-all the gypsies. The romani were all fun to talk to.
-last but not least contributing my own small part to the overall story and RP. It was cool watching everything unfold and actually having apropo plot info to contribute hopefully without pontificating.

thanks y'all, everyone. NPCs, all the other players, you really made this a meorable and fun event. I hope I was actually able to help out instead of just draining resources.

-james the Inconceivable of Harbors Far. OOG Adam. Or the dude always in the black cape and indiana jones hat.

PS Paul, I love you

im still stupid o clocked from lack of sleep and it was totally worth it
--list of awsome--
-the orc coming of age ceremony was so awsome
-orcs in general were awsome you guys looked great!
-the scent mod with candles
-having plus one monster strength yeah!
-hangin out with satyr face (rafton)
-low level plot for the win!
-ball bearing and dracolich :D
-it was great getting to interact with players from many different chapters i hope i get to meet you guys again
thank you npcs you were all super awsome!
oh yeah and my favorite thing tavern ball 'nough said :mrgreen:

--list of dislike
the super scary latrines and the cold :p

Wow, after three days and more modules than I can count, I had a fantastic time at National. It was great to put faces with some of the names I see here on the boards so often, and to meet new people in general. On to the favorites in no particular order...

1. My tuskies!!! I hadn't played my orc in 6 years and you all convinced me to pull her out of retirement. I'm so glad I did. Lots of green love to Jill, Katie, Mark, Chris, Dan and Tim, as well as Havoc (sorry man, can't remember your real name!) Gorka Vazhi and Zig - awesome to finally meet you! Scott's tuskie plot was absolutely awesome, and those masks were fantastic. Bargaining with Scott as Faust to get the Wolf Spirit, and later, Kainen running in to save the day at the last minute while facing all the spirits at once was much appreciated.

2. The anarchy that was our ancestor bones being stolen (thankfully in-game). Much hilarity ensued. Quigley I should have known it was you LOL. The ensuing shenanigans and drama surrounding a certain kobold kept us entertained for HOURS. Thanks Maureen!

3. MEEPS! I hadn't see meeps in several years, and to run into a nest of sleep meeps was just plain awesome. Several sleep poisons later, we're all passed out on the ground, and the meeps just curl up next to us and go to sleep! They were just too cute to kill (but not too cute to leave them with their treasure!) *I search you very gently...*

4. The million mods in the woods, and continually running into Justin's Liara (sp?). That used up a whole lot of brain cells for my poor orc.

5. Ball Bearing of DOOM! That was soooo much fun. It did however remind me that we need to clarify Massive. Badly. However watching it bounce up and down on top of Tim made it worth it. ;)

6. Stone elf mod run by Matt B. Fun, clean fighting that was solidly statted, and orc kidney power! They put a bunch of tuskies on a puzzle mod and we solved it in like 10 seconds. Thank goodness it didn't involve reading or we'd have been screwed.

7. Finally getting to see Big Bug and the Herdsbane. Whoa scary.

8. The Hunt adopting Team Tusk. Aww heck, the Hunt in general, but especially Tab, Will and Sean. Thanks guys :)

9. Romani/Orc party of awesome. Where there is a campfire, music, and in-game booze, there will be awesomeness.

10. OMG DRACOLICHE! Battering down the door really gave the whole encounter an epic feeling; the arrows and magic storms coming from the fort, the shields covering the ram... all to get inside to see the single scariest monster I've ever encountered. Holy poop-on-a-stick.

I know there are more, but man I'm fried. Thank you everyone for an awesome weekend!!!

:cry: so sad I could not make it out....sounds like it was a blast....now, where are the pics...cause there better be pics for this epic weekend... :D please have pics!!!!!

Faves-
-Seeing the worlds largest truck stop(or so they say). gotta stop somewhere with a 17 hour drive
-Listening to Ace of Base "It's a Beautiful Life" on the way to event
-Jumping into the national event after coming from a chapter with an APL of about 5
-Retiring a char and getting to go out with a big card
-Playing the Stag during the orc mask/spirit mod
-Going after the talisman from the sheltered lands
-Hopping up onto a board to throw magic down from the wall during the battering ram sequence
-NPCing cards that could wipe my home chapters PC's
-Meeting all the nice people from different chapters
-Seeing the array of costumes especially the orcs and the people who have clearly played for many many years
-making 24 gold selling hamburgers (Way more than i made adventuring for over a year)
-helping get the pig onto the spit
-playing a card with lots of PTD effects.
-playing the charmed barbarian
THANKS EVERYONE IT WAS A VERY COOL EXPERIENCE
-Dawson

Thank You NPCs. There was a very cool crowd of people in Camp this weekend, I am glad to have had a chance to help run an event with you all. That was one killer hill that reminded me of the old Caldaria site.

Here are just a few of my favorites and some shout-outs to people who made this thing happen...

-Speaking of the hill... Friday Night walking down in the dark to run a roleplaying encounter, I fall off a small stone lip and start laughing at myself. I get up dust myself off and proceed to fall off the large stone lip into the trench. As I am again laughing at myself a cinder-block falls on my back, which makes me laugh harder at myself. Thank You Maureen for the first aid when I finally got back up to camp, you are the best.

-Justin Dohenny. Everything you contributed to was awesome. All the mods and all the hats you wore when you had to. I really miss playing with you man, the East Coast hasn't been the same without you.

-Scott K. I am so glad you and Dee could make it out. I had a blast hanging wif you guys. Sorry about crashing into your tent as a Lich like a donut.

-Seeing Rocky and Meeker again, and running the Karid plot-line with them. These two guys are seriously hardcore and they brought alot of cool energy to the plot-line.

-Getting involved with Scott Edward's High Orc plot-line as the Boar Spirit. I know I would have loved this as my High Orc and I could see that the PCs were totally enjoying it. The masks were excellent and all the roleplay was awesome.

-Matt "the Machine" Watkins and all the hard work that he and the hardcore people did at logistics. Definately one of the most under appreciated tasks in the alliance. Good job bro, it was a pleasure spending nearly 20 hours in the car with you driving this holiday weekend.

-All things Jesse Hennessey. Thanks for all your help with everything. From Logistics, to Treasure Policy to running a wave battle and PCing. You are awesome.

-Seeing "the Ball Bearing" from X-roads make it to the National Event. This NPC never complained about the hill, asked for water or snored in NPC camp. What a trooper.

-Seeing the Draco-lich and getting to play its' ***. Awesome. Thank You to all the peeps from my PCs team for laughing at the sight of me with a skeletal pelvis stuck to my head and tormenting my wife about me cheating on her (among other jokes).

-Joe P and Dave D in NPC Camp running Monster Desk and making sure everything was running. Thank You very much for your hard work and helping me (computer illiterate) to get stuff done.

-Quigley and the trap mods. Great job, I can't wait to see you next weekend in X-roads.

-Mike Webb. Thank You for feeding me during a break from Pantherghasting. The pork and potatoe salad was amazing and much needed.

-Matt Beyers. Always a pleasure seeing you. It sucks that we only get to hang out once every year or two. Having you in NPC camp is great and it looked to me like the Bardic Competition went really well.

-Christina Velderman. You are my Alliance Hero. Thank You for everything.

-Paul Foisy. Great Job. I know that running the National Event ain't easy. Thank You for stepping up to the plate and knocking one out of the park.

-Seeing all the players from all over America was really kind of mind-numbing. It actually made this nation feel very small for one weekend. All the costuming was great and we represented every single PC race and almost every single chapter. Thank You to everyone who came to the National Event and participated in Alliance History.

Brian Bender

So many good times to list.

-My cabin of awesomeness.
We were the very last cabin and had to walk and down hat MOUNTAIN of death over and over again but it was so worth it to get t talk to everyone in and out of game!

-Wal-mart
They know why... LMAO

-Chain ball bearing thingy.
I felt like I was in a video game it was so funny!

-The looks on peoples faces when my character says.. "I dodeeja!" A blank face and a weird "What?" look. Priceless and funny everytime.

-Warmheart and Warpfangs exit! -- Kacking up the tavern and a little pissed of Dodeeja is always fun. Even if we did have to leave early... that was a GREAT ending to the fun!

Uhmm...

Hanging out with the tuskies was definitely a favorite for me. Really, it was much fun, yah yah. I "upside-down tuskie."

Umm, the trip to Wal-Mart, but very few would know of that. Leave the make-up and tail on. Go with an Orc and scare the locals... or have them tug my tail, whatever works.

Meeting all the different people! It feels like it had been so long since I played Warpfang, but it was fun interacting with all the people.

The giant chain ch... ball bearing of doom!

Plus, saving the La'tar was cool.

Not much sticks out in my head... except that BLOODY SLOPE! I hate hills. Even sore and tired I was sad to have to leave a day early.

I am only going to list one favorite. Simply, it is how how the staff and NPCs from many different chapters came together to make this event work. There were many crises, some apparent to the people PCings and some not. And all of them were handled with professionalism and teamwork by people who rarely or never had worked together before. There was a lot of good will and respect established from the "staff" side of this event.

To me, building the Alliance closer in this manner is the most important factor by far in any national event.

Scott K.
Alliance HQ

PS: Great list Brian Bender. And you're a sissy for needing medical treatment after a mere cinder block encounter.

It was so fun to meet all of you! Here are some of my favorite moments:

-ROMS. Oh my God, getting to hang out with all of you was AMAZING. I felt like we were really familia!

-Speaking of Roms...the gaggle of Rom ladies who were with me in the "kissing booth" (And Kezra!). Our laughing, nagging, sexy chemistry? Perfect.

-The Ball Bearing! Whoever came up with this idea, you are a genius in the area of fun-creation. I could have played that encounter twenty times and still loved it.

-Scholastic's bag of tricks could have made me laugh myself unconscious! The throw-able books in particular were a stroke of absolute brilliance.

-Going up to face the Herdsbane with a tiny little six-person group, and actually managing to stay alive until suddenly BRB and his HUGE HORDE burst from the treeline. I believe the actual phrase we used was, "RUN LIKE GIRLS. OH GOD, RUN LIKE GIRLS." I thought I was going to trip and die on the hill! XD

-Holy crap, the dragonliche prop was absolutely glorious. When it first busted onto the scene, I almost peed my pants. In-game from fear, out of game from "WHO MADE THAT? THAT IS EFFIN' BEAUTIFUL." (I hear that Scott also made the spirit masks?! Man has some talent!)

-Amaris is a necromancing, life-spell-denying, self-killing crazyface now? o.o Whoa. The drama, the drama!

-All things Gorka. From the "HE TAKE GUBBA!" flip-out right upon arrival Friday night to our black-spot-marked, disgruntled Circle Master showdown (thank you, Christine!) at ridiculous o'clock on Sunday, she provided some of the highlights of my weekend.

-Fighting The Beholder. I was legitimately scared! Also, the costume was absolutely delightful.

-Marce and Tarke's adorable familial roleplaying. Lots of people have in-game family, but I really believed the Mom-to-son bond you guys played out :D

-Ket, Adrian, Gorka, Kezra, Raven, Coal...is there anyone I missed that Luka agreed to sleep with? ****XD

All in all, SUCH a fun time getting to know everyone IG and OOG! I hope to see all you crazy non-HQ folk again sometime! <3 You can bet I'll be traveling more from now on.

A Sampling of a Few Specific Moments (I'm having a massive dose of name failure at the moment. Sorry!!!!):
  • Kerjal facing off about using Gypsy Curse.
  • Spike-helmeted orc stealing the ball over and over.
  • Seeing the Dracolich for the first time.
  • "JP, didn't you get hit with a Shatter Spirit?" "Yeah" "Why are you still here?" "I regen'd. That all you got?" ;)
  • Nighttime woods wandering.
  • Bouncy Ball. Of Doom.
  • Dropped-my-sword, wiggle-the-shield dance

Ok, got a major case of post-Nero blues, but here goes anyway.

Getting to see and meet so many different races and character and the costumes!! OMG there are so many very creative and fun people and I've never seen costumes like these.
Dragon Poker! My first time playing and the first night I came out ahead about 10 gold. But the second night I went bust, flat broke, and Rezzik couldn't seem to lose. That is one mind-bendinggame. We swore the cards had it in for us.
RPing euphoria with Havok at the Poker game. Yes I really CAN shuffle!
Pantherghast was very cool ... like dinner theatre only better! I loved how you played to the level of the player, and how quick you were to turn on a player who tried to help your target.
Idris and his antics with the Pantherghast.
Goodness to see Sloane, Naomi and Yuki again.
The Bardic competition! So many talented players. I'm glad I wasn't a judge cause I loved it all. I have to say, though, Naomi's song, the Twilight elf who sang, both the Romanil performances were my favorites.
I love you Bob the Blacksmih for selling my pouches! And to everyone who bought one - thank you to you all.
Finally, being part of a shield wall for the battering ram bearers was mega cool. Then once inside to be met with glowing eyes and the mouth of hell!! Wow, kudos to whoever came up with that. Sorry I missed the end - (darn you Paul!) I seriously have to get more dodges.
Getting hits in on the dragon. After a massive dose of pain killers so I could actually run, I had such a blast running in to get a couple of hits, then scooting out before the head could get me.
Chaos in the dark!! I don'tknow about anyone else, but I usually can't tell who's the bad guy until they start beating on me.
Ahlana's story for me in the rez circle! Touching and funny at the same time, it was very cool.
I wish I'd spent more time meeting more people. Got to work on that. Hate being shy with a passion.
Glad I went!! Looking forward to someday seeing some of you again.

Arlene V

This was my 3rd event ever, I was lvl 4, I had the most AMAZING time.

-Having everyone save my life, all the time. It means so much to me that so many people cared about Gorka enough to go out of their way to help her. Thank you, in and out of game.

-Giving lots of Orc love bruises.

-Getting kidnapped, solving a riddle, steeling a key item, running like hell, hiding, Crying and growling over Gubba, almost giving the key back, and Gubba Obliterating. Such a wonderful way to start an event.

-not getting more than 4 hours of consecutive sleep since last Wednesday

-Being the Stag Champion. I really used those Dodges and Evades, This spirit fit me so well. I love the mask, I loved the story, and I love that it will be a legacy to Goka's children.

-Orc Moot! Thank you it was so awsome to get to play with orcs for the first time and to be accepted as a full orc, even though Gorka didn't actually kill anything the whole weekend. (not for lack of trying though)

-making so many Romony friends and learning that the Family likes me.

-Learning so many skills, this will help Gorka spread knowledge back in SoMN.

-the town mod, after the dracolich was killed, figuring out that the black construct wouldn't attack if you stayed away. Watching people who didn't listen get attacked. working with sexy gypsy lady and von tree to kill the construct over, and over and over again. Getting refitted and gaining moral support by the great guys on the rock. Oh and getting picked up and told that Gorka should be more careful, it was so dark I couldn't tell who you were. Also going though the portal running behind the rocksashas and back attacking them till my dodges ran out and I dropped, getting dragged to the back and spending the rest of the battle RPing with people.

-Silly O'clock

-Running after Drezz (dark elf), Greggor running after Gorka, Whole tavern running after Greggor. Who ever was on the stairs thanks for screaming, if you hadn't I wouldn't have noticed a fellow SoMN being dragged away by cuthulu type monsters.

-Kolbolt punishment, it has got me into trouble with Harbors Far but I'm looking forward to redeeming myself.

-Making so many friends in game and out, thank you so much for looking out for me.

Thank you for a wonderful game.

I have to agree with Scott about everyone in camp working together. We didn't know where everyone was half the time, but it worked out.

I had a really great time. Thank you staff, NPCs and PC volunteers for helping to run this event. You guys obviously ran yourselves ragged and for that I thank you!

My favs:

1. Draco-Lich. The phys rep was totally epic. Being the one to land an eviscerate on it was awesome.

2. Activate Scarred Legion! The Big Red Bug coming in looking for the necromancer who had created the herdsbane as undead was hilarious. I loved the fact that each chapter got to showcase their plot for the whole Alliance.

3. Marcena walks up to Avian: Avian?
Avian: Yes?
Marcena: YES!!!!!! (Seriously, the way she said "yes" you would have thought she just won the lottery or something. It was hilarious.)

4. Before I get too far along in my favs, I have to give a shout out to Brian Bender. You always do your best to make sure everyone is having fun and it really shows. Thank you for playing way too many pantherghasts. I'm only sad that I didn't get to fight you as the elf one.

5. Realizing that while Kainen was standing in front of the fire that I could literally see it between his legs, and how bad it would sound if I actually said it, and saying it anyway. Muahahahah!

6. Five: Um... Testu mom I was wonderin'... since you Tetsu mom and everything.... if you would maybe... you know... come to orc moot.
lol. It was so cute, so like a little kid asking his friend's mom if he could come out and play or something.

7. The ball bearing fight. Was nice to be on the other side of the fence for this for once. :D

8. Suicide run on the Rakshasa after he attacked Eldarion. Also, Dreton warning Michiko to look out before the Rakshasa disarmed her magic sword. Eeeep!

9. Racial stereotypes and the RP they generate.

10. The Karid. lol Just lol.

And many many more.

Thanks for a great event everyone PC and NPC alike. I talked to a lot of you and now I need to travel all over to actually get to know you.

I loved the weekend plot, all the bits and pieces and trying to get them together. I have never had quite that good of a time herding cats. (on a side note if you missed what was happening let me know and I'll fill you in, it was pretty cool)
To the guy who played Lok, thanks for making my life even harder. Sunday morning I get up and find out that not only is your PC missing but the staff is in the hands of the enemy. Spent the day organizing a group to recover it, including a plan to kidnap the baroness "for her own good". I'm glad that I also got a chance to roll you as an undead, otherwise I'd be stewing in vengeance for months over the one who got away.
Also the Elf, MW Elf, Dryad mod was fun. The line of twisted dark fey shattering against Michiko and Riddick's assault was classic.
And last but certainly not least the Tavern and Logistic's staff, two jobs that really make or break an event and they went as smooth as I could ever expect.

Thanks again to everyone who worked so hard to put together a great event. Come visit us in SoMI and we'll show you a scary good time in return.

Mathis/Matt Ferrara
Alliance SoMI Head of Plot

Michiko said:
3. Marcena walks up to Avian: Avian?
Avian: Yes?
Marcena: YES!!!!!! (Seriously, the way she said "yes" you would have thought she just won the lottery or something. It was hilarious.)

That whole time joking on the bench was great but this specifically had me cracking up for like 10 minutes... it made my night, it was so unexpectedly random and without explanation... it brought a giggle tear to my eye. :lol:

Mathis said:
To the guy who played Lok, thanks for making my life even harder. Sunday morning I get up and find out that not only is your PC missing but the staff is in the hands of the enemy. Spent the day organizing a group to recover it, including a plan to kidnap the baroness "for her own good". I'm glad that I also got a chance to roll you as an undead, otherwise I'd be stewing in vengeance for months over the one who got away.

YOU didn't roll me. 20 or so people did. lol. good job though it was lots of fun. if you insist you did roll me i would be more than happy to go one on one with that card.-dawson

Oh boy... here we go..
My faves only in the order I remember them in..

Going on the atercob mod with Andros and Darken was badaas. So much fun. At one point I thought we were all down or pinned and then Loken pops out of no where to start unwebbing people. Freaken awesome.

I'm walking up the path to the right of the tavern after several of my team had run up ahead. Just as I'm meeting up with them a group of people start running toward us yell 'RUN! RUN! THE BIG RED IS COMING FKING RUN!' Classic. Couldn't have planned it better.

Being in the chaos of Friday nights giant battle with the big blue thing. Just standing looking around as there are slays sounding off left and right and a pantherghast walking around in the middle of it. That defiantly left an impression.

The sarr pantherghast. Whao.

Making a joke about the tavern having degenerated into a brawl as pcs are going again pcs ( without calling damage of course) and then going against Andros myself. That was a lot of fun.

Rolling with team flaming balls and tavern troop 5. :) coming back to the cabin each night to find a different bum. I <3 random bums.

Smores ftw. Thank you again for being comfortable enough to offer me mint without even being sure as to how I would react. Very cool.

Ball bearing of doom. So much fun. Again just taking a moment to look around and see how much fun everyone seems to be having with it then nearly getting hit with it the next moment.

Being told I was someones favorite sarr of all time.

Sunday night. Dragon prop was beautiful.

Thats all I can think of right now. Awesome weekend.

Back