National Event

tieran

Duke
Alliance Rules
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
Hey All-

I was looking through the Alliance schedule for this year, and I came up with a question.

For those who might not be able to attend the National event, for whatever reason, if we wanted to gobbie the event, where would those gobbies come from?

Is it HQ, since we are using their site?

Is it the home chapter of whatever character you want to gobby, because its a National event?

Is it only purchaseable with Dragon Stamps, because its a national event?

Has no one really thought about this yet, because its more than 6 months away?

Just figured I'd start a ruckus!

But I would like an answer...

tieran said:
Hey All-

I was looking through the Alliance schedule for this year, and I came up with a question.

For those who might not be able to attend the National event, for whatever reason, if we wanted to gobbie the event, where would those gobbies come from?

Is it HQ, since we are using their site?

Is it the home chapter of whatever character you want to gobby, because its a National event?

Is it only purchaseable with Dragon Stamps, because its a national event?

Has no one really thought about this yet, because its more than 6 months away?

Just figured I'd start a ruckus!

But I would like an answer...

Very good question. We are still in the planning stages of this, and I will bring your concern to the committee handling this, but don't expect and answer for a while. It's still early!

Yeah, that was kinda what I figured, I just wnated to make sure the question was out there and did not get overlooked :)

That is a good question, but what do you mean by National Event? What is the significance of holding one, I mean. I don't mean to be stupid or anything, I just want to know what it's all about.

The Alliance wanted to get the all the chapters involved in setting up a big event where all chapters have a storyline they wanted players to experience, not just to their local players. It's a nice way of sharing plot ideas with chapters we normally don't get a chance to go out and fly too. Also its a good way for players to meet other players from different chapters. National events from the old "Big East" are very fun to play.

Justin H-

I'm supper excited about this idea. Out of curiousity have you had these before? And how many people have been known to come? I mean obviously not everyone in the entire Alliance is going to come but probably a great deal more than what HQ normaly has? I assume were at least talking 100's right? The logistics for this must be huge, what goes on? =)

it has been a little bit since have done one, but they are pretty awesome
there usually are more people at a national event then a regular hq event.
they are lots of fun

This is gonna be such a culture shock for me! I have never been to an event with over 35 people total! Marcena's gonna have a lot more hands to kiss I think! :p

Hopefully it'll be a big turnout... I wish it was a weeklong ;-)

It is a long weekend... for now!!!

DUN DUN DUN!

Although yes in principle the idea of a weeklong game sounds unbelievable and amazing I would be worried in actuality if that would really work. I mean I know it has been done in the past... but I would almost be afraid of some sort of Psychological strain on players from being in character or trying to be in character for that long...

Not to say that I wouldn't do that... I would, it would just be crazy! =P

I've been to a weeklong. It's freaking AMAZING!! There's so much to do all the time and enough time to do it! Staying in character isn't a problem if you really like your character. And there's always NPCing for a while if it starts getting to ya.

Oh that was one thing I wondered about weeklongs. Is there a little bit more switching between PC'ing and NPC'ing? Because that seems like something that might make it more fun for all concerned all around?

And yea don't get me wrong a week long sounds freekin fantastic.

It really depends on the person... if you want to switch back and forth there is certainly more opportunity to do so than on a regular length weekend...

Sheesh ...i get my self killed a lot on a weekend give me a whole week to rez....and i might just pull it off.

Lol even on a week long national event, Alliance is not a jail, if anyone feels the pressure/'needs a break we are all free to hop in the car and drive to a dennys for a food/OOG break. Although I don't personally recommend it. :mrgreen:

Back