Need help in Forest Grove in June (Gobbies!)

Amy

Adept
Hey everyone! For those of you who do not know, I am a Young Adult (Teen) Service Librarian. I am looking for volunteers on Saturday, June 18th, 1-4:30, to help participate in a library event for teens in Forest Grove, Oregon (~1/2 hour west of Portland). I am looking to essentially run a couple hour long Minecraft themed LARP and need people to play the NPC roles. Alliance Seattle has graciously agreed to give 30 gobbies to anyone who volunteers.

By volunteering, you would dress up as creatures from Minecraft and be attacked by teens with coreless boffers (pool noodles). If you are able to supply your own costume that would be greatly appreciated. If not, I would need to know soon so that I can have some made. If you are unfamiliar with the creatures of Minecraft, I can work with you to find something you would want to play.

In order for this to happen, I would need a commitment of at least 4 people by March 19th.

If you are interested, you can reply to this thread or email me at amylmidd(at)yahoo.com

Oregon has also graciously agreed to give 30 gobbies to anyone who volunteers. So you would get 30 in Seattle and 30 in Oregon.

I have had last minute cancellations for this and could really use more volunteers. In addition, if you or someone you know would like to volunteer but do not want to dress up, I have volunteer slots available for helping direct teens or being in charge of activity stations (i.e. reassemble a cardboard dirt wall after each participant runs through it) If you would like to help out, please contact me; gobbies in both Seattle and Oregon for anyone who helps!

Thank you very much!

Back