New Alliance Player

wolfan

Hello there,

I have recently moved to the PA area and after looking over the different LARPs in the area decided I would like to try this one. I've been LARPing for almost 10 years and roleplaying for longer so I just have a few questions before I get into reading all the material.

1) I'm bought the ebook form of the book from this page http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.php?ISBN=1-55404-652-1&picsize=LARGE&x=62&y=77 I believe that is the most recent book, are there any later erratas to it that I should be aware of before playing?

2) I read over your weapon construction rules, will I be able to use my "ultralight" style weapon at Alliance, or will I need a PVC one?

Thank you,
-Vinnie

To further clarify, yes, there is errata. The addendum is posted, to be used in conjunction with the book that you purchased: http://alliancelarp.com/addendum.php
There is additional clarification that happens, generally to answer specific intent questions. Those questions are addressed to the Alliance Rules Committee (ARC). You can read (or request) clarifications here, but they're really not necessary to read before playing. Keep in mind the very strict rules for posting on the ARC board though. If you've got a basic rules question, ask in the Rules forum. The ARC board is for questions where there is not a rule in the book, or the rule is especially vague or interpreted different ways in different chapters. Basically, always post to the Rules board first, so don't worry about it. :D

Most chapters (nearly all) allow ultralight weapons. Specifically, core materials other than PVC. With the exception of the new rules concerning Latex weapons, all weapons must still fit the requirements listed in the weapon construction guidelines. Functionally, this means that if you built the weapon to be used in another game, it may not be legal in this game. Sometimes that means that its simply too long or too short, which may make your 'other game' short sword into an Alliance long sword, and sometimes the weapon can be updated with the addition of thrusting and waylay tips to be legal. Other times, the weapon design simply isn't allowed, and you'll have to make/buy/etc another weapon for this game. Bring your weapons to a game and have them checked by a Marshal, and they'll let you know what you need to do.

Back