New Construction and Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhawk

In the new construction section about the 5/8" foam coating you have this:
In addition, all non-striking surfaces which may come into contact with another player (such as the shaft of a blunt weapon or polearm, crossguards, and the flats of sword blades) must be protected with sufficient closed cell foam to ensure safety should accidental strikes happen with those areas of the weapon.

The entire surface of a bow is a non-striking surface. Does this mean that bows could be made entirely with lighter padding? (Ei. Single coat of camping pad over the core)

I ask only because bows are not mentioned anywhere in the text.

Madhawk said:
In the new construction section about the 5/8" foam coating you have this:
In addition, all non-striking surfaces which may come into contact with another player (such as the shaft of a blunt weapon or polearm, crossguards, and the flats of sword blades) must be protected with sufficient closed cell foam to ensure safety should accidental strikes happen with those areas of the weapon.

The entire surface of a bow is a non-striking surface. Does this mean that bows could be made entirely with lighter padding? (Ei. Single coat of camping pad over the core)

I ask only because bows are not mentioned anywhere in the text.

One of the key points of the new weapon construction guidelines is that local chapters have much more flexibility in what they can choose to accept (or reject, for that matter). So, in that spirit, a chapter could in theory choose to accept a bow with less than 5/8" padding, but that is up to them, not the national organization. I would strongly urge you to speak to your chapter rules staff regarding any specific weapon ideas.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back