New Faces

Hey I am going to be home from college for the summer and I live in Hanover New Hampshire so I will be planning to attend the May event yay! :D

Anyways I was wondering how many people (PC and NPC) were there at the last event and what was the balance like? I was also just wondering if there are folks close to the Hanover Dartmouth college area (or north of it) that would be interested in car pooling? I have my own car and will be taking at least one other friend but I thought I'd throw that out there. =)

I'd say 15 NPC and 45 PC? maybe more than that but I'm a crappy counter when it comes to paying attention. alot of people weren't there due to other things and passover so there may be more of either number not sure. look forward to meeting you :D

Sweet! I can't wait, this will be my 3rd weekend event ever in my 3rd chapter in the Alliance. And also sounds like it will be my biggest event to date, I love chapter hopping! I'll probably be pretty outclassed though as only a level 4 DE Celestial Scholar... :D I can't wait to meet people as well.

I believe that our Saturday Spike brought us up to ~80 people, with ~25 of them in NPC camp. Friday night and Sunday morning were more subdued, in the 65 bodies range. I think our official APL came in at around 16.7, which included a parcel of 15 build new characters. I would expect both statistics to be lower this time around.

I myself am not coming from NH, but I know we do have a decently sized population of natives from your Hampshire 2.0.

yeah i know saturday night it was like HUGE and then sunday morning i was like "where did everybody go?" heheheheh but there are a few of us new characters out there. this is my second event ever as a PC so...its all good...we like dark elves...they're exotic!! there were a few other dark elves running amok as well ...err running around that is...ha!

That sounds really cool, yea I have also had the same experience of folks slipping off in the middle of the night or early Sunday morning which makes me sad, I really like to be there for everything. Besides, the ones who last the longest always find that mod at the end for which the GM is like... "Okay just drop all the rest of the loot now..." :D

::eyes dan::you have loot????

What are the sleeping acomidations? Are there cabins for folks or do ppls have to bring tents?

There are three 12 person cabins for PCs, and a large cabin for NPCs. There is also a two story fort, which people are allowed to sleep in. I believe that sleeps 20. There are a bunch of wooden lean-tos. If people brought large pieces of canvas and rope they could make those into some pretty nifty sleeping quarters. The canvas would just block off the open front of the structure. Another method I saw people doing was setting up their tents in the lean-tos. I think you would have a lot more room and comfort if you brought a large thick blanket or canvas, covered the front, and set up an mattress of some kind in the lean-to. Thats of course if there isn't anymore cabins left. Otherwise, use one of those. People were sectioning them off with blankets, so that different little groups could have their own wards. The cabins each have their own wood stoves as well. Lastly, you can always sleep in the tavern. It's big, and that is where the healers guild is located.

Gary

Dreamingfurther said:
That sounds really cool, yea I have also had the same experience of folks slipping off in the middle of the night or early Sunday morning which makes me sad, I really like to be there for everything. Besides, the ones who last the longest always find that mod at the end for which the GM is like... "Okay just drop all the rest of the loot now..." :D

Yes, exactly.....as your trusted GM I hereby demand that there be a "Loot Storm" for the final wave battle that I, as a PC, will be fighting....er....dying in.

~Jaimi

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
Our GM has no say in loot distribution.

Damn It!....oh allright, I have no say.

~Jaimi

Seriously,

Welcome! I look forward to meeting you at our May event. For your information, there is a string on the OOG boards devoted to amenities/accomodations. You can find a lot of info there about the site.

Something you should know and this will be posted seprately. When you arrive on site, you are allowed to drive your car to the Cul de sac, drop off your gear immediately in a pile or cabin, and must promptly drive your car back down to the parking lot. The site owners do not want cars parked anywhere on site except in the parking lot, but there is a bit of a walk from the lot to the main site area, so we are allowing people to drive their belongings up.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me, or any of the other staff members appropriately.

Again, welcome.

~Jaimi

Sounds awsome! I'm glad I won't be the only Dark Elf as well. =P

Morai said:
yay! More Dark Elves! Now i won't feel quite as out numbered.

~Joe

I'm afraid all the dark elf style and grandeur left when Fain was deleted.

and in the lake...

DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD??

I have no intention of pushing anyone in the water at all....

Back