New Med Page Policy

The new med page policy doesn't seem to have any provision for receiving an injury on-site. Given how strict the policy appears to be, I would expect it to include such specifics. Players (including me) have received on-site injuries that preclude full contact play. It seems harsh that the policy, as written, precludes such players from continuing to participate (in an admittedly limited fashion) for the remainder of the weekend.

-MS

Hey Mike,

Being a med-page, as the policy describes, is purely a player choice. No one else, including staff, makes that choice for the player. If someone gets hurt during an event and would like to med-page the rest of the event, that's okay. If a player starts the event med-paging, they cannot decide to stop med-paging midway through the event, as PCs and NPCs are already playing under the assumption that the player cannot be touched.

Most of this is already in the Alliance Rule Book on page 89. I wanted to include specific med-page policies to ensure that nobody gets confused or hurt during play.

Thanks for your concern! Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Donna

Edit: The policy now explicitly includes injuries which occur on site.

One other question. Since the older policy was removed when this was placed, can you provide a synopsis of what changed? I think I know, but I could easily be missing something important.

-MS

The only changes to the policy from last year are regarding med-paging:
  • Players must notify the General Manager and Head of Medical ahead of time that they will be med-paging an event. Please be sure to provide an emergency contact as well.
  • Players may not remove their med-page headband or choose to stop med-paging unless the Head of Medical has given them clearance.

Back