New Oregon Yearly Membership

Discussion in 'Oregon: Out of Game' started by norman b, Aug 19, 2016.

1. norman b

norman b Squire Oregon Staff Marshal

Hi Everyone!

We here at Alliance Oregon have decided we are going to be starting an optional Yearly Membership Fee of $15. We had this in the past and had dropped it off at some point. Other chapters have the same policy in place and we are following suit. What this does is help us offset the cost of our insurance so we can continue to bring you guys fun and exciting games!

Starting next month all names will be removed from the monthly buyback list who haven't paid the Yearly Membership of $15. Paying the Yearly Membership will be rewarded our standard 5GS:1$ rate (75GS).

You may pay via events or Paypal paypal@allianceoregon.com. When paying the Yearly Membership, please send an email to Logistics (alliance.oregon.logistics@gmail.com) and let us know which character you want placed on the monthly buyback list.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Sita

Sita Artisan

So, just to double check my math, that's $15/year for membership and places a character onto {or back onto} the buyback list?

Are we unable to have a character on the list without the membership?

Thanks!

3. norman b

#1 is correct. You CAN pay (it is not mandatory) and you can have ONE (1) character on the buyback list.

The answer to #2 is NO. We are moving to a similar policy as other chapters (this is an Alliance) where players are unable to buyback monthly blankets without paying a yearly membership fee. This fee goes to paying our insurance (typically) and sometimes site fees (if we get enough). Our insurance costs and site costs are both going up and instead of raise the rates on PC games or making NPC's pay (which we all agree is a poor choice), we decided instead to try the yearly membership fee.

This is beneficial as it doesn't increase everyone's game costs, it nets those who pay into it gobbies (which you wouldn't get with increased costs), and it pays for our insurance, which we can't have games without.

I hope this helped :)

4. Draven

Draven Baron Seattle Staff Marshal

Inquiry: Will the Goblin Stamps be awarded regardless of when the membership is purchased?

5. Alavatar

Alavatar Baron

Since this is effective in the middle of the year will members get reminders when they are about to expire?

Other chapters tend to make the membership a calendar year to make it easier for tracking and people then do not need reminders. Will this be a calendar year or a 365-day membership or 12 month membership? If the former (calendar year), will 2016 be discounted due to 2/3 of the year being over? If the latter (365 day or 12 month), will the membership begin at the day of Logistics recording or the day of the payment?

6. Sita

Sita Artisan

Thanks for the clarification, Norm!

7. norman b

Yes. No matter when.

I will have to get back to you. I am almost positive it is a calendar year (we debated when we wanted to put the reminder out due to insurance coming out mid year) but I will try to find when it's effective date is (maybe it's fiscal year). That will determine when we reset the list.

It will never be discounted as it's a flat rate. Flat rate, flat gobbies. This is to make it easier on people and on ourselves.

8. Durnic

Durnic Squire Owner Oregon Staff Marshal

Our insurance is due in May, so an "insurance calendar year", if you will, is from May to May. We reupped our insurance for May 2016 through May 2017. With that in mind, our membership will be due in August every year and will last until the end of the next August, expiring in September.

I would have put up this drive sooner, but the ownership transition still hadn't been finalized and we're playing catch up.

Does that answer your question, @Alavatar?

Edit: Month fixed to actually match when insurance is due. :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. Alavatar

Alavatar Baron

It answers the question, thanks. A mid-year expiration (every September) feels odd in comparison to most other chapters that are Jan - Dec for membership. Just some feedback. :)

10. SkollWolfrun

SkollWolfrun Squire

it was also discussed at length. Instead of joining with SF and Seattle having the fee at the same time, this spreads it out a bit.

11. Hava

Hava Newbie

What is the PayPal address for payments?

12. norman b

13. Avaran

Avaran Baron

What is the official price of membership per year? It isn't mentioned in the OP. I realize Christine helpfully mentioned $15.00 in her reply, and I'm sure that's likely correct, but having an "official" number in the OP would be quite nice.

-Adam

14. norman b

Thanks for the catch :p

MaxIrons likes this.
  15. Paul N.

Paul N. Newbie

odd question, do people who NPC also have to pay the membership?

16. Durnic

Durnic Squire Owner Oregon Staff Marshal

You do if you wish to use your goblin stamps from NPCing to give "monthly blankets" to a PC that is on the books.

If that statement is confusing to you, don't worry about it yet and just enjoy participating in this kick *** hobby. :)

17. Draven

Draven Baron Seattle Staff Marshal

Hey Paul,

I'm Evan. I'm one of the NPC Guild members who'll probably run you through some basic stuff over the event. (I'm also the new player rep in Seattle).

Feel free to fire this question at me in Monster Camp, and I'll give you an explanation of how this system works. :)

-Evan

Durnic likes this.
  18. prashka

prashka Artisan

Hey all, it's that time of year again! Starting September 1, I'll be kicking everyone who isn't paid up or staff off the monthly blanket list and not putting you back on until you have paid your dues of $15.

Get in now and get on that blanket list before that happens! :D

19. prashka

prashka Artisan

Hello wonderful people!

It's time once again to pay your dues! The cost is $15 and goes towards paying our insurance for game. You will receive 75 gobbies for doing so and be put on our monthly blanket list, which will allow you to buy an additional XP blanket per month for 30 gobbies.

I'll be kicking everyone off the blanket list today (you have already been granted your August blankets, but this will prevent you from getting a September blanket) unless you've paid.

I'll throw a list up here of everyone who has paid, so if you're wondering if you've done it, now you'll know!

Updated 8/9/18
    Barbara M
    Brian J
    Ellie R
    Zaz Y
    Bryan G
    Amy G
    James D
    Ben T
    Queenie T

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  20. prashka

prashka Artisan

PS: If you could please include a note about which character to put on the monthly blanket list, that would be so awesome. Thanks!